Children call it dinner, men call it supper

Children call it dinner, men call it supper.

Other urls found in this thread:

dictionary.com/browse/supper?s=t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I call it breakfast.

I call this autism.

*leans into mic*
Wrong.

I call ti dinner because suck my fucking dick faggot

>supper
Flyover

>OP thought this required a thread

>Dinner is considered to be the "main" or largest meal of the day. Whether it takes place at noon or in the evening is mostly a cultural thing. For instance, many people who grew up in the American South and/or on farms traditionally ate larger meals at noontime to give them the strength to keep working through the afternoon.

>Supper is more specifically a lighter evening meal. Rooted in the word "to sup", it comes, again, from farming traditions — many farming families would have a pot of soup cooking throughout the day, and would eat it in the evening — specifically, they would "sup" the soup.

>Lunch is almost the midday equivalent of supper — it's also a lighter and less formal meal than Dinner, but is used specifically when referring to a midday meal. So whether you use lunch/dinner or dinner/supper is heavily determined by when your culture traditionally has its largest meal.

Supper comes after dinner. You have dinner between 5-7PM and Supper from 8-11PM.

Looks like a light snack

I call it dark lunch.

Germans call it Eveningfood.

This. Farmers have supper. City folks call the evening meal dinner.

racist

I'm calling you a faggot.

Can this double as a dinner thread?

I wanna make sriracha chicken sandwiches but otuside of montery jack cheese, sriracha sauce, and some jalapenos, im out of ideas of what else to throw in there.

You're a fucking idiot. Supper refers to the evening meal. Dinner is the largest meal of the day.

Breakfast: morning meal
Lunch: midday meal
Dinner: evening meal

Supper: the largest meal of the day

Some cultures have supper for lunch, like germans. Some cultures have supper for dinner, like Americans.

the opposite is actually true

I got them mixed up, the man above my post is right, Supper is a light informal meal in the evening.

dictionary.com/browse/supper?s=t

Wait are we talking about the pic related? That's clearly not a meal for a man.

>that shit tier sear

Came in to say this

Farmers have dinner too. It's lunch they don't have.

I call it tea.

This

The routine is

Breakfast
Dinner
Tea

I call it dindin

non-fascists call it anything they fucking want, libcuck.

/Thread

No, idiot, they are two different kinds of meals. Dinner is the largest meal of the day, whether it's taken at night or at midday, Supper is a light meal at night that usually consists of food that is simple to prepare and eat, like soup, or a meat and cheese plate, or sandwich. Lrn2 culinary language and history.

Do it, faggot.

>measly grayish steak morsel
>3 or 4 corn kernels
>two sliced cherry tomatoes

what a pathetic meal

I this a filthy meat eater.

I wonder how Americans feel being inferior in every way.

in the uk we call it tea

Breakfast
Lunch
Supper

A dinner is a formal event

Children call it dinner, Women call it supper
Men call it food

i call it din-din

O boi
Yep
U sir r the dumb

Oooooo boi

I thought supper was before dinner.

Just do that but deep fry the chicken. The batter will soak up the sauce gud.

Children argue nomenclature
Men cook dinner instead of shitpost