What would you grow if you could?

What would you grow if you could?

I have a large garden and what to grow things I can use in the kitchen.

Right now, I've sown tomato and chili seeds; if all goes well, that will be 50 plants.
Usually I also grow cucumbers, beans, onions and carrots.
Plus some herbs: rosemary, thyme, parsley, chives, sage

What else? Always the same gets boring.
Cabbage related plants are off the list since they always get infested with diseases and insects.
Potatoes are off too because of the tomatoes.

Big harvests are no problem if it can be preserved.

Make a potato tower

Marijuana

a fuckton of mushrooms

Toms of herbs. Rosemary, sage, parsley and thyme

feels like /b/

expensive onions, red/white etc, some green onions for convenience
enough greens (arugula, spinach etc) that you can pick from to make salads and have it grow back as you go through them
Tomato and green bean vines for summer time snacking.
whatever herbs you use

>everything that someone else suggests is /b/
>I wonder if there will be a sale on dragon dildos soon
Fuck off faggot

please see:

It's probably too late for you, but for future reference, English Peas. They're a cool weather crop. I live in the midsouth and just planted 200 seeds. Last year we had a really good crop and I was able to freeze a good amount. It also may be too late for you to do radishes because they don't do well in hot weather, but they grow quickly and aren't bothered by many pests. Summer and winter squashes are great but I have to admit, although I grow organically, the squash bugs and vine borers force me to use some pyrethrins at the base. An interesting bean to try that we love here in the south, is the crowder pea or purple hull pea, essentially a blackeyed pea. It's warm season. Although we plant sweet corn, I can't really recommend it unless you have a good amount of extra space. You have to plant at least 3 rows because it pollinates through wind, not insects and you only get 3 ears off a plant. However, there's nothing better than fresh picked corn that you cook immediately. Garlic is another crop I grow, but I plant it in late Sept. And harvest in late April or May.

Hope this helps. Good luck and have fun!

Buttloads of tomatoes. Cilantro, Italian parsley, garlic, onions, potatoes (easy to grow and really good fresh), chiles... I'd love room to grow a big garden.

If I could grow a Big Mac tree, I would grow that.

Spinach sounds good. Can be frozen too for later use

Thanks!

Not a big fan of peas desu. Tried radishes twice, but they don't really get big (very loamy ground).
Had sweetcorn a few years ago, forgot that. Was pretty good and I could conserve the excess. Might do that again.
Tried garlic once, but it just would not grow. Later read somewhere that those sold in shops won't grow anymore

If you plant tomatoes and potatoes even somewhat close, you most likely end up with neither. Never combine them in the same garden.

>desu
since wtf does t_b_h wordfilter to that?

money

Like a year

Serrano Peppers crossbred with Weed.

>garlic from stores doesn't grow

That's strange. We just buy it from the store, separate into individual cloves, soak in a compost tea for a couple hours and it grows great. Here's a pic of my bed of garlic that we planted from store bought in late Sept.

Fuuuuuuck......If only I had a garden......
I grew up on a ranch, and we always had a fucking huge garden in both spring/summer and fall/winter. I live in a large city now, in an apartment, so I can only grow herbs basically, on my tiny patio. If my patio got more sun, I could grow tomatoes, but my patio gets too much shade. But, I live in an area that is perfect for year-round gardening, so, if I had enough space, I'd grow:
>tomatoes of all kinds
>eggplant of several varieties
>cucumbers of several varieties
>zucchini
>yellow squash
>all sorts of pepper, both hot and sweet
>jicama
>avocados
>satsumas
>peaches
>raspberries and blackberries
>apples
>asian pears
>figs
>olives
>swiss chard
>all sorts of lettuces
>spinach
>garden cress
>sorrel
>mangoes
>carrots (of several varieties)
>radishes ( breakfast radishes, daikon, and globe)
>turnips
>rutabagas
>cabbages of all kinds, including bok choy, pak choy, etc.
>asian greens of all kinds
>sweet potatoes, garnet and purple
>every herb I could think of
>bay laurel
>nasturiums
>roses for rosehips and edible petals
>lemons
>key limes
>sprouts of all kinds (if I had the space, I could grow these indoors now, but my kitchen is too small and dark)
>green beans
>asparagus (even though it takes a long time to start producing)
>artichokes
>broccoli and cauliflower
>peas (sugar snap, snow, and english)
>beans (fava, black-eyed, and pinto)

Fuck.....I'd grow everything, there's no point in continuing my list, it would just get tedious to read. I'm always so jealous when I have to go to the nurseries here for something and I see people picking out vegetable plants and seeds...

I guess they used chlorpropham on it which is a sprout suppressant

>Tried garlic once, but it just would not grow. Later read somewhere that those sold in shops won't grow anymore

Mine do. I use these for their tops.

In Florida.

It's been sorta chilly lately so here's to hoping they're doing okay, but growing:
>heirloom carrots
>tomatoes
>shishito peppers
>habaneiro peppers
>arrugala
>green onions

Noice. I was the guy with the plot of garlic. Yours look great. Amazing how much food you can grow in a small space, isn't it?

my friend has a house and said i could plant a vegetable garden this spring

i htink i'm going to do a fuckton of tomatoes for canning, hot peppers, cucumbers and maybe some squash

I have rosemary, jalapeno, a tomato and a habanero going right now. Its 10 f outside so everything is in my basement .

you're also growing pot.

I'm growing a lot of pot.

>growing pot

Nothing wrong with that, unless you're nancy reagan or art linkletter. When do you think you might obtain a brain?

it was just an observation. Did I say anything beyond that either way?

OP seemed cool. You can go fuck yourself, degenerate stoner

green chilies

Every demographic seems to have its whiners. Also I got banne for that post.

Colorful mini bell peppers and marijuana

Currently, desperately, trying to keep my jalapeno, habanero and pumpkin plants alive. It's winter and I live in an apartment with no balcony. I got them a space heater, UV lights and some reflective tarp. They're not doing well. I keep telling them to survive another couple months until I can transplant them to my sister's place, who has a lawn. Pray for them.