How did stuff like this come to represent America? How and why has it become an accurate way of characterizing us?

How did stuff like this come to represent America? How and why has it become an accurate way of characterizing us?

Fucking white ppl

Judging from the food you see posted here, Instagram, Facebook, or any other site where people post shit nobody asked for, it's pretty accurate.

Is it really so hard to imagine why?

obsessed

Literally me

>faggots pretending to have a problem with any of that delicious food

>How did stuff like this come to represent America?
Foreigners don't know any better.
>How and why has it become an accurate way of characterizing us?
Foreigners don't know any better, but like to think they do.

It's much easier to placate them by going along with their misguided notions.

The 20th Century really beat the fuck out of American cooking. The rise of industrialized food production, canned food, frozen food, the Depression, the Dust Bowl, Cornell, Home Economics, Eleanor Roosevelt, Good Hopusekeeping, Betty Crocker, fast food and WWII.

Most of America's development happened long after other cultural cuisines had been established by local conditions, and in tandem with industrialization and the rise of processed foods, which happened first in America.

Don't critique this run on bitch

Of all of those, the salad, the pasta, and maybe the sub are the only ones I eat on anything like a regular basis. The rest are all foods to have on occasion, but aren't really a regular part of my diet.

Normally I eat salads, soups, lunch-sized sandwiches, pasta, dumplings, eggs, beans, rice, bread, hummus, roasted/blanched/sauteed vegetables, cheese, and microwave Indian dinners. Small portions of pork or chicken (rarely beef or lamb) a couple of times per week.

Pizza is maybe a once/month thing. Burgers just a handful of times per year. Steak just a few times during summer. Tacos maybe once a month. Hot dogs, maybe once or twice per year. Club sandwich, I dunno, maybe once per year? I usually go for corned beef if I'm at a deli.

We're a nation that likes our meat, cheese, and wheat.

Your question is interesting because you are not asking how/why it has become an accurate way of characterizing our diet, but instead characterizing "us".

These symbols are also interesting, because they are bland and generic, but still clearly represent the shit excuse for food we are all too familiar with.

Yes, these symbols accurate way to characterize U.S. as a whole. Not just our diet, but our values. Americans are the best at mass producing cheap disgusting shit. It is most disgusting when it isn't just a shit car or shit houses, but shit food.

These aren't even dishes as much as they are name brands. I don't see a burger and a weiner and tacos, I see Jack in the Box, Oscar Meyer, Subway, McNuggets, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut.

It has become an accurate way of characterizing us because its true. We are disgusting money-addicted slobs who do not give one shit about anything except convenience and money. These foods fucking suck.

And directly contribute to us being the 12 th fatest nation in the world with the highest incidence of beetus. And look who is higher. Samoa, Tonga, Kuwait, and other places only 5% of amerifats know exist, let alone can find on a map.

Yet we pretend there's some kind of national honor associated with the marketing of shit food and drink that are killing us. When do you sheeples think you might wake up?

The food pyramid in 1977

They just released a film called The Founder, it's an interesting look at McDonald's. I think it might help you see how it's just an extension of conveyor belt line from Ford cars. Fast Food is an American invention, and those food tend to be easily made fast.

The loudest, most stupid Americans have the strongest, most belligerent opinions on what defines "American"

You don't hear educated Americans angrily denouncing good food as cucked memefood for SJW hipster weakling terrorists because they have diverse, nuanced points of view.

Meanwhile the Trump-loving rust-belt neanderthals who patrol the internet for stuff that triggers them are exceptionally likely to (a) denounce food that's not hot dogs drowned in ranch and HFCS, and (b) aggressively mention their Americanness while they're at it

we have to hide our culture
haggis? sundance film festival?
nobody can know.

our major agricultural outputs are meat, dairy, and oats/wheat/corn

it's only natural

Road food. Americns have to drive a lot thus cars driving and fast food are American.

>it's the Hungarians' fault we have an obesity epidemic!

I hope you're happy, cuck

>You don't hear educated Americans angrily denouncing good food as cucked memefood for SJW hipster weakling terrorists because they have diverse, nuanced points of view.

REALLY ACTIVATES MY ALMONDS

hey man, they are hungry