Where the FUCK do you get a good camp pot without paying a dick and a ball?

Where the FUCK do you get a good camp pot without paying a dick and a ball?

Other urls found in this thread:

academy.com/shop/browse/outdoor-living/grills--smokers/cast-iron-cookware
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

rural king

DD Enterprises

Well that's 10 bucks cheaper than the local source...

>(Fleet n' Farm)

online. sporting goods store.

it's $50 for a 4 quart Lodge
and like $60 for the 6 quart

YOU
PAY
FOR
QUALITY
dont be a retard, invest in it and it'll be worth it

It's cast iron. Other than the mold it's poured into, there's not much more you can do to fuck it up.

Expensive enamel and factory seasoning (which you're going to redo anyway) aside.

Buy used

It can take awhile to find exactly what you want, but i've found several over the years. I make a point of keeping an eye out for older cast iron as it never really goes bad unless it's pitted beyond belief.

Just gotta reseason the fuck and it's good to go.

I find cast iron cookware in nearly every single thrift/antique store I go into (and I go into every one I see). They are usually cheap because they are usually rusty as fuck.. you just have to put some work into them and make them new again.

Go to the Jas. Townsend & Son website. Im gonna buy a nice cast iron pan from them.

This. If you're willing to do the work, you can easily save 90% on cast iron anything.

However if you don't want to do the work, (it will take days and a lot of manual labor) buy it once, and keep it a lifetime. Say you pay $250 for it, and you live another 40 years. Thats $6.25 a year for ownership. Not too bad if you amortize it out.

>days

I just bought a cheap wire wheel sander drill attachment from the discount bin at the hardware store and I can get mine clean in about 20 minutes. After that its just a matter of covering it oil and sticking it an oven to season it.

No offense, but I'm not the type of fruit or housewife who stops at any and all antique store or garage sale.

No, you're the type of fruit who pays 10 times more than they need to. Sounds pretty sensible. Good goy.

>asks where to get better prices
>gets told where to get better prices
>bitches about better prices
dont ever change

you're a moron who's getting garbage quality then. Or you're paying out the ass when you could pay under $10 and get something of equal quality just older.

Or, I just haven't bought one yet because of the jewish prices?

...that would be the 2nd part of my statement.
>Or you're paying out the ass when you could pay under $10 and get something of equal quality just older.

Depends how bad the rust is, and depends how good of a prep you want to do. You could do chemical removal of rust which truthfully takes days, or you can do mechanical removal. Then you can also lap the cooking surface to provide an absolutely flat surface then begin the seasoning process. This would be optimal in order to make it the best season possible.

>legs, coal fitting lid, and handle

They just don't make 'em like they used to...

IDK how much your dick and ball is worth, but mine is valued well over $40.

academy.com/shop/browse/outdoor-living/grills--smokers/cast-iron-cookware

>he doesn't cast his own iron
Top pleb

Yard sales, thrift stores, craigslist.

Or just buy a new one. They're not that expensive from the big sporting goods chains (Dick's, Academy, Gander Mountain, etc.)

Thats a lodge, probably made in the last couple years.

Are you browsing Veeky Forums from a newspaper? Open a new tab and type in Craigslist, I feel like this site is full of computer illiterate grandparents...

>computer illiterate grandpas
More like computer illiterate children