MRE thread?

MRE thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3huIORWVmis
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Chicken tomato feta is my favorite

Nice

I used to eat MREs when I was a Boy Scout. I thought the tiny Tabasco was the coolest thing in the world.

Fuck you.

You can actually buy 6 packs of tiny Tabasco at some stores if you know where to look
Why?

Cheese Tortellini has Reese's Pieces 90% of the time. It also has a 75% chance of having hot sauce.

Cheese Tortellini best MRE.

Nice, lets put that on a tray

MREs are god tier but really expensive

N I C E
I
C
E

I'm getting an mre this sunday from a friend who's in the military. I know its going to be bad but its for the experience.

Take pictures of it, and post it

If I get these from Amazon, is it essentially the same as the military version, or am I buying some kind of watered down, useless version?

Civilian rations are pretty nice and have a lot of the same stuff, but they're just not the same as the military ones, they dont have the same kind appeal.

This Video has some good info on how to get rations, both civilian and military.
youtube.com/watch?v=3huIORWVmis

hate these things, try eating these 3 times a day for a month. Favorite is probably the meatball one. I get out in 2 months lads, and i couldnt be happier. fuck the army

>try eating these 3 times a day for a month
when was the last time you took a crap?

they never plugged me up that bad honestly.
why in the hell would you want to buy these

Not that user, but i think they are very interesting. the food science behind these things is really cool, and I want to eat one.

For me, it's the chicken pesto pasta, the best US MRE.

Absolutely nice.

Where can i get some rations that have a Nice Hiss?

Definitely gonna give that a try.

Why don't we get that out on the tray?

Civilians are fascinated by MRE's. The idea of them is cooler than the reality of having to eat them on a long-term basis.

I can open this if anyone's interested?

Nice

yes please

Please do

Also my favorite, along with chicken pesto, and chicken and dumplings before they gor rid of it.

Why are these shits so expensive?
It's just garbage with long shelf life, just like all the cheap crap in the store. It's not nutritionally balanced, it doesn't require insane machinery to produce (freeze-dried sure but it's a one-time expense). Why can't they sell them at a reasonable price for people who's into trekking and autist fags who like single serving shit.

Chili Mac is the best. Get some of the Jalapeno Cheese and cook it with the Chili Mac.

Or i put that cheese with the spaghetti fucking god tier.

-small target audience
-target audience is willing to pay premium
-shit has to be proven to be edible for multiple years
-loads of expensive packaging, no cheap plastic
-they still add a shitload of stuff like vitamins

People buy mountain house if they want freeze dried.

I have three boxes of MREs from a past hurricane

send me some

Realistically a better pack than the MRE, although not as fancy. See also the German packs.

I've got 4 MREs actually. Never tried one but they are still all in date I believe.

Got the following...

2 US ones
One is "Pork Sausage in Cream Gravy"
The other is is "Chicken Pesto Pasta"

1 Lithuanian one
Not sure what the fuck it is. It says "Sausasis Maisto Davinys"

1 Korean one
Also not sure what the fuck it says it's in Korean. It has a pack of "Korean Ginseng Granule Tea" attached to the front. It's significantly smaller and lighter I'm guessing it's rice and some other stuff.

I'll eat one tomorrow and do a live post. Which one should I try?

Doit

I would be very hesitant to eat the meat in MRE's honestly. I imagine it having an odd texture, probably dry and just a weird taste which is probably mitigated due to all the sauce/spice/salt

Lemon-lime drink packet is the best.

Is this a monthly thread now I mean fuck how many varieties of MREs and rough shit stories can there be?