Diet Thread

Who else here dieting/losing weight?
What do you cook and eat how much have you lost?

I recently fucked up my diet. Not by a lot but I'm still pretty fucking upset about it. On day 502 of my diet I accidentally ate 70 calories over my daily limit. Missed a can of tomatoes while adding up calories and didn't realise it till a few days later.
As I said it's fucking nothing but it's the first time I've slipped up in over 500 days so still mad.

Be careful mate, getting that upset over 70 calories sounds like getting into eating disorder territory, especially if you've been so staunch about it for over 500 days. A slip up here and there is fine and nothing to worry about, life is about balance.

I tend to cheat too much when I eat different things during the week so I just eat the same things every other day.

Like Day 1, Day 2, Day 1, Day 2 and so on

As an example, breakfast on Day 1 is wheat bran with yogurt, and Day 2 is oats with yogurt.

>On day 502 of my diet I accidentally ate 70 calories over my daily limit.

cool motherfucking story

I am one of those people that is not capable of doing anything in moderation. I don't know why. My diet is typically a fairly extreme zero carb approach and consists of lean proteins like chicken/fat free cottage cheese mixed with enough eggs to get my fats. The rest of the day is filled with caffeine and vegetable nibbling (onions usually)

It sucks but it works the best

I don't profess to know much at all nor am I attempting to tell you how to do things, but in dieting the more rigorous and restrictive the easier it is to fail, dieting shouldn't be looked at in a bad light nor should you feel deprived, if you do that stuff you set yourself up for failure, being someone with problems on 'moderation' as well, it's benificial to plan more than 2 days of meals because there are only so many eggs one can eat before the pistol to the head comes out XD I commend you on your amazing discipline though m8, I think you could seriously benefit from a little more variety however.

why onions

why not celery
you'll smell better and you'll actually be able to shit

I just make a pot of chili and eat it daily, cold. Counting calories is a decent guideline but mind that it's roughly only 70% accurate, so being this autistic is pointless.

>not knowing how to diet
>just eat and stay low cal XD

user please.

Assuming you arent trolling, how are you still dieting 500 days in? Like are you cutting 50 calories a day or some shit

>Assuming you arent trolling, how are you still dieting 500 days in? Like are you cutting 50 calories a day or some shit

If you have a lot to lose, you can be more liberal with your loss per week, but it's wise to slow as you progress. You need to take care to preserve as much lean mass as is possible

Losing at an appropriate rate, sufficient protein, and some form of strength training help preserve precious lean muscle mass.

This is more or less what I do, but I'm so busy lately, plus having problems with depression, that I only eat once a day anymore, twice if I'm forcing myself. I know that isn't healthy at all though.

>500 day diet
How fucking fat were you?

Fancy that, was just about to make a diet thread.

Going on a group diet with some friends and co-workers here soon for a few months.

Standard breakfast: Coffee, black.
Lunch: Simple salad; spring mix, carrot, balsamic, salad seasoning.
Dinner: Salmon twice a week, rice and veggies the rest.
Portion control and calorie counting all the way through.

Beginning the couch-to-5k program starting next week. The majority of my weight is going to be lost through cardio, so it's running 2-3 times a week, and then hiking a few dozen miles every weekend.

Simple and effective.

Started at 397 and have eaten sub 1500 every day.

Currently.
6'1

Cut out fatty foods, processed meals, fast food, meat, alcohol and sugar. I did that and lost 25kgs (from 112kg) and feel fucking fantastic. Still eat potatoes and other cool shit but gave up the dead animals and no longer fall for the dairy meme.

Since the start of the year, I've stopped drinking energy drinks (I'd drink one a day, easily) and bags of chocolate from the supermarket.

Couple that with walking 2.5 miles a day to work, and I've lost ten pounds since the start of the year. I'm pretty happy so far.

The next step is going to the gym, but severe anxiety is putting me off. Gotta get over that hump

Hey OPie

Let me tell you how I diet.
Drink water when you're thirsty.
Eat on small plates.
Try to eat a balanced diet.
Try to avoid fast food.
That's it.
Excercise.
You won't be fat, guaranteed.
Dont drink

Lean meats, vegetables, eggs, fish, oats, beans, cheese (especially cottage cheese) and rice.

>meat and dairy is a meme
Fuck off cuck.

>the gym, but severe anxiety is putting me off. Gotta get over that hump

Just go user. 5 years ago I was literally the biggest skinnyfat loser in the world who wore pajamas the gym and didn't know shit all, noones gives a fuck.

I think one of my biggest fears is not knowing how to use machines. I wouldn't wanna look like an idiot starting at machines and not knowing what to do.

Plus, I wouldn't know what sort of "routine" to do to lose my fat belly. Weights? Cardio? I have no idea

Go to Veeky Forums and read the sticky three times. If you are that afraid of looking like an idiot just go at a time where there are no people, if it's 24/7 gym go at night, if not go at 1:30 (quietest time at my gym). Cardio doesn't give noticeable physical gains, only health gains so I don't bother.

Not knowing how to do stuff isn't a gym faux pas
The gym faux pas are:
1. Being smelly (please take a shower before you go and don't use axe deodorant)
2. Being annoying (cell phones etc)
3. Leaving pools of sweat and weights lying around (clean up after yourself)
4. Lack of consideration for other users (supersetting when it's crowded, for example)

HOLY SHIT how did you get up to 397lbs you pig

MY gym has trainers that create a routine for you when you sign up and show you how to use the machines. I guess that's standard? Wouldn't make sense for others not to do that, they want to attract new customers!

This god damn. Im 6'3 and 265 is my fattest. I can't imagine how much shit I would have to eat and how little I would have to move to even get to 300

I was probably drinking about 1k calories a day in soda or alcohol. I was also eating lots of cheese, bread, pasta. When starting my diet I cut out any and all liquid calories. Over time I also pretty much cut out all cheese, bread, pasta, red meat.

A typical day at my fattest might have been
1-2 2 litre bottles of soda.
2-4 hotdogs
Chips with dip.

Dinner was where most of my calories usually came from. I tended to cook family size portions of tacos, casseroles, pasta etc. I would eat half or so and then finish it off the next day.

Breakfast is eggs with something else:
avocado toast, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, oatmeal, sometimes sausage patties. Always high protein.

Lunch, if anything, is a light snack or small salad. Today I had a bag of popcorn (105 calories for the full bag, 6g protein, 12g fiber), yesterday I had a bowl of high-protein multigrain granola, the day before I had a small Waldorf salad with apples, cranberries, chicken, and pecans over baby greens.

Dinner is more of a conventional affair. Tonight we'll be eating the last of the spaghetti bolognese, which I filled out with mushrooms instead of extra meat and whole wheat spaghetti, with a side of sauteed kale.

Tomorrow I'm doing lean steak with cauliflower mash and some veggie, maybe asparagus. Day after I'm doing lamb chops with roasted figs and onions and some other green, maybe chard. I'm only doing red meat two days in a row because I found two steaks and six lamb chops for about $15 altogether on sale. Usually there's more chicken and fish.

There are people who will tell you to read the sticky or this or that but in the end you should pick a routine you can stick with.

My roommate and I just joined a gym and have a routine of going 6 days/week and taking Saturdays off to rest. We do Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday strength training with 20 minutes cardio, and Monday, Wednesday, and Friday HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) for between thirty minutes and an hour. For strength training we mostly follow the P/P/L (push, pull, legs) model, except on pull days, I do abs, glutes, obliques, etc instead because I'm not a man and doing trap and lat exercises doesn't appeal to me.

I'd recommend going to Planet Fitness if you're not sure how to use the machines. All of the machines have little placards with instructions for use on them, or little QR codes you can scan with your phone for instructions. No one in a Planet Fitness could possibly judge you.

What this guy said
I have binge and purge cycles that last about 2-3 weeks each

During the binge cycle I'll have a croissant for breakfast every single day. Sometimes even a snack between lunch and dinner. I'll have 2-3 alcoholic beverages at night.

During the purge cycle I'll skip the croissant and the snack, and go with no alcohol or at most one drink.

In this way my weight fluctuates by a few pounds every few weeks.

>During the purge cycle I'll skip the croissant and the snack, and go with no alcohol or at most one drink.
I don't think you know what "purge" means.

Currently trying to cut down on meat for a more legume based diet.
>Trying to get 2000 cal on legumes and grains only.
I don't know how these fucking vegans do it. You have to be a human garbage disposal.

nuts