Holy fuck why do i gotta do math in cooking school

Other urls found in this thread:

thebestschools.org/rankings/best-hospitality-degree-programs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Work safe requests. Now leave us alone.

fucking brainlet
GTFO

Because M A T H
Of a thing (minus a thing, plus 1/3 of a thing) sub divided by the initial thing plus the lower third of a thing plus the sub-division of a thing INCLUSIVE; that means no adding up by two accordingly, but it still needs to add up to the ratio of 1:1 over hyphenated power to the eleventh and carry the one...

Equals: go fuck yourself? Yeah, that works out.

Do amerifattieclaps really take school for this?

Yes it's called "hospitality"

Nobody likes pudding

Looks pretty straighforward

This isn't hard, OP. It's just working with percentages.

this shit is fucking stupid, not doing it

just gonna work at mcd's or some shit, I wanted to become a chef so I wouldn't have to do this stupid BS

fuck the oregon culinary institute, NOT DOING THIS.

It's basic math...

>gross profit

I am horrible with math and if you can't figure out how to do something as simple as cost out a menu, then yes, go to McDonalds there is no hope for you

>tfw to intelligent for maths

Jesus Christ you're a retard op.

OP, go watch some Khan academy dot org videos and freshenup on the old math skills. This is also basic accounting terms like "revenue" so yea, nothing a short google search on about 5 terms won't fix for you. Finally, make yourself an alternative spreadsheet where you uhh, work with some whole numbers, like $1 for lemonade stand supplies, .50 for labor, and selling price, $3...there ya go. Quick understanding of the terms to understand gross vs revenue.

Good luck. Just remember most cooks are dropouts, addiction issues, shitty childhoods that led them into the glamorous, (but blue collar) career that doesn't care about criminal records. You'll still be the smartest guy in the kitchen eventually.

yeww

How on earth do you plan on being a chef if you refuse to work with food cost calculations?

You do realize that most of a chef's job is being a business manager and staying on top of things like ingredient costs, portioning, efficient use of resources, etc, right?

>Do amerifattieclaps really take school for this?
Hospitality is big business. In America people typically do go to college for leadership positions in hospitality, yes.
thebestschools.org/rankings/best-hospitality-degree-programs/

I came here to cook, I came here to learn skills. I did not come here to walk around with a calculator 24/7 so I can run mathlabs. I want to design a menu without regards to cost so I can experiment with my FINE cooking skills

Any of you morons who work at some shit tier restaurant with a consistent menu SUCK. If your restaurant's menu doesn't change with the seasons you should BE FUCKING ASHAMED

How the hell do you do your taxes?

>I want to design a menu without regards to cost
You know restaurants are businesses, right? This has to be bait. I pray no one is this dumb

So you want to create meals and then just slap a random price on them?

I don't do my taxes my gf does them, got $1200 back this year from the IRS

like other restaurants do yes.

>got $1200 back this year from the IRS
That means you paid too much throughout the year.

It's going to be fine, just get a calculator. All you have to do is push a couple of buttons it's very very easy OP don't give up!

Also, if you don't know math the people at mcd's will be able to screw you out of wages and you won't know. Just learn math so you can protect yourself.

>like other restaurants do yes
Zero restaurants do that

How much profit can you actually make from selling food? In those pictures the profit is slightly larger than the cost of food, but how much of that goes into advertising, paying staff, rent, taxes etc?

and they pay me interest with no fees, at bank of america i get charged CONSTANTLY

This. If any resturant tries to do this they are going down real fast. Like said before its a business, if you owned a convience store would you just put random prices on everything? No, because thats fucking retarded.

I have bad news OP because this exercise isn't just about math, it's also about the choices you make.

Technically you only have one thing to do : multiply every cost per portion by 3.5 so everything will have a food cost of 28.57%. But this will only ensure a 10/20 (that's how we're rated here in France).

You could for example mulitply best selling items by a bit more than 3.5 to make a bit more revenue, and balance it with the other items.

The IRS pays you interest? I want to live in that world

yeah you just have to file your return after 45 days or something like that

I can just add and subtract. THERE IS NO POINT TO USING fractions

10/20 is the grade you would get if you only do the minimum, so a C.

Ignore this faggot, I'm the real OP here.

Hello faggot.

as a business intelligence developer, dumb people like you who can't do math made my job & data science and analytics the hottest tech field in recent history. thanks for making me rich.

lol this comment is like asking prisoners to scare teens so they don't want to commit any crime

>want to be a chef
>cant figure out costs for own menu
It's like you don't even know what being a chef is

that just means you never really wanted to be a chef

>"Calculating" meal costs.

>""""""""""""""math""""""""""""""

>like other restaurants do
Profit margins are razor thin in most restaurants. The bulk of the chef's job is managing the money side of things because if you don't, or can't do it well, they don't stay in business long.

He doesnt. Most people have no idea because their only exposure to professional kitchens is watching Hells Kitchen.

>literally just doing averages and addition of prices

OP, you said it yourself, you are dumb as shit. I've failed two of my college math classes already and the whole concept of this is easy as shit. That or you're math dyslexic (whatever the proper name is).

The only question I have for Veeky Forums here is where would you wanna round up the last cent or not?