What industries survive recessions?

So if we are entering a possible recession/financial slow down, what should my portfolio look like?

What sort of industries thrive/hold their value during recessions?

Attached: s7wjK9B.gif (400x530, 876K)

cemeteries in first world, colleges too which have alot of foreigners paying 3 times the regular tuition , marketing too i believe. alot of recession proof stuff out there desu. some will do better like mom and pops restaurants if they play smart and sell dirt cheap like some asian places do.

Defense (LMT, NOC, RTN, etc)

coffee

this, whats the best stock to invest in for coffee? and don't say starbucks

I bet this girl considers herself "fit and healthy"

Attached: Screenshot_20180319-031253.jpg (992x1085, 444K)

programming

us codemonkeys will literally always make money

Cemeteries stocks? I love capitalism seriously.

Good suggestions.

What do you guys think of "monopolies" during recessions?

I am thinking of getting some BUD (latin american beer monopoly) and other similar stocks like ATT and maybe some in the pharmaceutical industry.

Lastly, how do energy stocks perform during recessions?

America is gonna go full dead rising. Best industry will be anything with guns or food. Don’t expect to make it.

Buy vix

ARE WE ON THE BRINK WHAT UP WITH ALL THE DOOMSDAY PREPPER POSTS WTF

How do you invest in cemeteries? Since the world population is out of control and a bubble plus we are the brink of war.

Vechain, master of world trade

McDonald's.

Poor, stupid people gotta eat, man.

Cheap beer, fast food, dollar stores, people rent instead of buy houses, so property management companies after interest rates crash.

This isn't the big one.... This is going to be a rolling correction for another month or so. Then it will grow again.

This one is a "warning"

"antifragile" is all about this

personally when the stock market crashes i'm going in on: weed stocks, soybean stocks, and companies that make people tracking machines/security

you are a business
you need cost savings ASAP

Vechain the onky blockchain that can give it to you now

no wonder hey have a customer line out the door

literally wasting opp of a lifetime to get the next IBM or Google if you are on sidelines still or lazy

easy, pokemon cards.

I have a question, what is India’s weather like this time of year? Also, why is your country so overpopulated?

food, entertainment, health

people need to eat
people need to keep their minds away from suicide
people get sick

High-skill blue-collar jobs, such as plumbers and electricians, will likely always be needed, especially during a recession.

Wrong. Only service electricians, plumbers, HVAC techs, etc. survive recessions; usually with a significant pay-cut and reduction in hours. New construction slows to a crawl during economic downturns, decimating all trades.

expensive wine

Some forms of resource extraction. Only reason I got through the 2008 crash was because I worked the Bakken oil patch.

MAKEUP... I KNOW IT SURPRISED ME TOO

Attached: th.jpg (474x292, 17K)

B L U E
L
U
E

Cigarettes and alcohol tend to do better during recessions since people loss their jobs and need to destress.

Altria and Bud are yielding great percentages right now too. Great buys.

Attached: soy.png (564x392, 168K)

world population is going down.

Invest in Sevice Corporation International

Invest in Service Corporation International