Picky

>"Yes, I would like a cheeseburger. No onions, tomato, sauce, and lettuce, please. :)"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GYCTVlxVx0I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>and
This means that you would like these ingredients. You should have used "or" instead of "and".

Veeky Forums, please

Do you know what's worse than picky eaters? Special requesters.

"Oh, user, I see you have a brunch sandwich with ham, scrambled eggs, pickled onions, ground mustard champagne creme on a brioche bun..... may I have the eggs over easy, and bacon instead of ham??
>It's our house special sandwich
>No substitutions is splattered everywhere
>This happens every.fucking.day.
>"I'm sorry we don't do that"
"B-b-but customer!!! Me customer!!!!"
>Insert pen into my eye socket

Just helping out user with his diction. I would have for the dear picky eater to actually receive those DISGUSTIN ingredients on his cheeseburger of choice.

>>This happens every.fucking.day.
Offer the make your own for 1.5+ times the price?

I knew a girl back in high school that was the pickiest goddamn eater. Her mother would have to OK the menu in advance or she would straight up not eat anything at the dinner table (even if there was a side dish she really did like) and would go to subway for a sandwich instead.

Things like cream sauce, fish (canned tuna in particular), broccoli, and white rice were her least favorite.

As far as I know, 15 years later she still eats oatmeal in the mornings and subway for lunch/dinner.

>being a Jew
WEW

Okay, that will be $6.50, plus tip please.

he's not wrong. I couldn't understand OP. Did he mean to exclude everything or only exlclude onions, then add a bunch of things.

>chefs san salieres

making SS (special snowflake) custom orders isn't what we do!

Sorry, user. I thought ya'll could cook.

>tomato sauce
What are you Australian? It's called ketchup

I think OP means that thousand islands sauce they usually put in burgers.

>Yes, I would like a pepperoni pizza with no sauce please :)"

>each chopped pickle is it's own island in the saucy sea

>pull him up on using the wrong word
>but missed the
>, and

"Do you have vegan options?"

Autism.

>he doesn't have autism

>looks great but can you....

Sorry Sir, but you're opinion is not part of the recipe!

>oh, ok...

You're recipe a shit

Yeah, they should just order it as a cheeseburger with nothing on it.

You are vapid.

FUCK YOU AND YOUR OXFORD COMMA BULLSHIT

>White rice
I get the rest, but I've never seen someone single out the rice. Turning down everything you could put in rice I've seen, but denying it on the grounds that it has rice is next level.

I think I would murder my child.

My brother in law only eats Tyson chicken tenders and Maruchan ramen. I don't know how he isn't dead.

My dad is always rude to whoever takes his order when he gets a burger. He has to specify "No cheese, okay, make sure there isn't cheese on it." in about four different ways because one time at Wendy's they put cheese on it and he's still upset.

I just don't like cheese but you faggots put it on everything. Stobbit.

Shouldn't it be "nor"?

Because cheese makes everything taste better.

So plain and dry with cheese. Gotcha.

at school i was friends with a lad who used to order a cheeseburger in macca's with nothing but meat and cheese and ketchup. we'd have finished eating before he even got his food. sometimes they'd 'forget' to put the meat in him and he'd get a cheese and ketchup sandwich that he'd have to queue up to return and start the process again.

If you don't like cheese, unironically kill yourself

You only use "nor" if you've used the word "neither".

>sauce
Excuse me?

>You remember taking these orders
>It was mostly for old people

Try working in a chain where it's somehow your fault they went to the wrong store and rather than have them come to that store to pick it up, you have to make it there because the old neurotic bitch is too much a lazy cunt to admit her mistake.

i worked at a small business restaurant and the waitresses made more money than the pizza maker cause of tips. still mad

We had a dude smash our DT window because our manager told him he had to go to the store he originally ordered at to get a refund.

Well no point of that now, assuming he's responsible for paying damages.

>Imagine being this wrong.
Your stupidity does not cease, nor does it slow, nor will it relent at any conceivable time in the future.

I can't enjoy tomatoes. It makes me sad.
And most lettuce they put on burgers is fucking iceburg.

>4 year old cousin can't eat cheese for whatever reason
>uncle always orders pizza whenever they have a party or when I babysit them
>always a small pepperoni with no cheese
I feel bad for the kid.

yeah, i just say plain

Things I won't eat with..
Ketchup
Mustards
Mayonnaise
Mushrooms
Olives
Raw cheese
Raw tomatoes

Everytime I order a subway sandwich with meat, lettuce and onions ONLY I get looked at like a serial killer

that's because something has to be seriously wrong with you

>Everytime I order a subway sandwich
oh so THATS why you have shit tastes

Actually when I was a fucking retard kid I was a real picky eater and rice was one of the worst for me, I always used to have the meal on its own or on chips etc just cos I hated rice. Idk, I think it was just the blandness of it or something

>Raw cheese
What the fuck

>ketchup
Disgusting, acceptable thing to be picky about

>Mustards
Good on a Cuban, can't really stand it that much on anything else

>Mayo
Too much mayo is bad, it's good with the right portions

>Mushrooms
This might only be because I've had portabello which taste like wet dog but yeah I cant stand them either. Whatever ones they put in that hot broth at Japanese places is good

>Olives
Generally shit

>raw cheese raw tomatoes
You just suck then

I think he just means any cheese that isn't melted

I do this, and I'm not even picky. Fuck rice.

So, you want a cheeseburger? Meat, cheese, and bread? Okay. Enjoy your scurvy.

Do you know where you are nigga?

>scurvy

Vitamin C is very important. Don't neglect it.

It's not only for pirates.

Just make the fucking burger, wage slave.

Fast Food places serve orange juice, Hi-C and Powerade. He'll be fine.

My brother's girlfriend is a ridiculously picky eater. I remember one time, for my nephew's birthday party, we ordered two pizzas. Except red sauce and pepperoni, which was the birthday boy's favorite, were things she refused to eat. So one of the pizzas was pepperoni, while the other was an abomination of white sauce and pineapple just for her.

Nobody but her ate that second pizza.

>Two pizzas
>For a kid's birthday party
Ultra Jew.

I don't get that.
"No onions or no tomato or no sauce or no lettuce, please" means that as long as one ingredient of the list isn't added, it's what OP wanted.
I had no problems understanding OP and still don't see any way how he could ve misunderstood.
But I'm not a native speaker so there's that.

I have ordered my cheeseburgers plain with just meat, cheese and bread for 36 years. I've never come close to getting the scurvy because I may go out for a cheeseburger once every other month or so. It shouldn't be your main daily diet and your only source of nutrition. I highly doubt the teaspoon of ketchup or less, a paper thin half rotten pickle slice and a single piece of iceburg lettuce will help prevent scurvy in any situation. Ketchup only has .7 mg of vitamin C per tablespoon. The pickle basically has none, because to equal a tablespoon of ketchup you need almost a 4 inch pickle. Lettuce you'd need an entire cup to get 3 mg of it. The onion has the most at 8.8 mg per an entire onion so the half teaspoon of chopped one on your sandwich is maybe around .2 mg. If you get all that on your burger, you may get 1% of your daily value of vitamin c which really doesn't help much over a long time. Not to mention that if you rely on cheeseburgers to prevent scurvy, you have far larger issues than ordering cheeseburgers plain.

>Gf hates tomatoes, to the point she'll hate a dish if it's in the sauce

Fuck off. You know what it's like trying to substitute tomatoes from every ingredient and sauce that European cooking uses? It's a nightmare.

>not dropping her like fags drop limes
She better swallow, user.

>order burger to go
>ask for "no sauce" so I can put on my own
>get a plain burger with no lettuce or tomato, etc.

This has happened a few times to me. Is there somewhere in the country where "sauce" refers to all toppings? Or is this just an F U for special ordering?

Well, you threw them into a tailspin upon the utterance of "sauce".
No burger comes with "sauce".

Some have a "house sauce". Some times I'll say "no ketchup or mayonnaise" and still get a plain burger.

I think you should specify what you mean by "sauce" and you won't have such a problem

Are people really so stupid that they don't realise that "sauce" refers to the thick condiment served on burgers?

>fuck people for wanting to have a sandwich they really like
If there's an entree that looks good except for, you know, I don't like ham and I'd rather have bacon, then there's no harm in asking.
I've been a server for seven years. If doing your job makes you rage, maybe you should quit and get a fucking different job. Your job is LITERALLY L I T E R A L L Y to serve people and give them what they want. Why does that bother you?

Sauce is liquid, toppings are the lettuce, etc.

Try ordering 'plain and dry' for your tasteless meat and bread sandwich next time.

nigger your cooks are going to hate your bitch ass if you're not working at a shitty dennys or something. I get requests like "hey could you put a fried egg on top of my cheese enchiladas" or "can i get a dairy free version of the sauce that comes with" and i say bitch no.

like i said, at a dennys or ihop or burger chain, they're going to have the substitution on hand (warm bacon instead of ham for example), so that's not a big deal but 99% of the time that's an option already. If you're at a nice restaurant and you ask for something that isn't on the menu fuck off with that shit.

>your reading comprehension
The point was that this guy ordered a burger without sauce, and ended up with a burger without sauce or toppings.

clearly there is some sort of communication break down here so I would say yes

Is she at least good at succ?

Your a fagit

>adults that order their burger with "no vegetables"
I cringe a little inside every time I hear that phrase.

If you don't like tomato and want to order a burger without tomato, that's fine.
But ordering it with "no vegetables" makes it sound like you're a 6 year old.

Oi bai!

>If you're at a nice restaurant and you ask for something that isn't on the menu fuck off with that shit.

>I have never worked in any kitchen let alone a "nice restaurant"

Unless they're asking for something ridiculously impractical then you'd be fired if you did this more than a couple times. The customer is the most important person in any restaurant. The cooks might bitch, the servers might empathize, but they get what they ask for in the vast majority of cases. These "nice restaurants" thrive off of reviews. Any braindead chucklefuck can give you a shitty review. Think you're gonna be able to charge $50 for your house special sandwich with only 4 stars?

In the case of bacon vs ham, if you didn't have a griddle to cook it on then that's a valid excuse. You could just throw it in the oven on a baking sheet too.

>I dislike about the same amount of food as the average person does
>because my disliked foods are more prevalent than what the average person dislikes, I get called "picky"

Op used very unusual syntax.
Normally one would list negatives with Or instead of And, which is additive.

The way he wrote it looks like he wants a burger WITH tomato, sauce, AND lettuce (as if he were ordering a burger that doesn't usually come with these? Which is strange) But NO onions
Except he appended "no onions" BEFORE the list, which is also strange

>Trying to be a smartass

"No substitutions" is retarded and arbitrary and you don't even know why you're defending it. It would be no problem at all to allow substitutions at extra cost, so either there's some sort of bacon famine going on or the guy running the place is a turbosperg who can't handle the concept of change and takes great offense to anyone requesting it.

>WAAAAH asking for a single substitution or change to the eggs is special snowflake!
I guess it's the latter. From one person who doesn't like ordering substitutions to another, go fuck yourself and I hope your shit restaurant goes under.

You are lazy.

That's all I got out out of that too. Holy crap.

You can change! When I first met my gf she hated mushrooms, noodles, avocado, tomato products, most fish and anything spicy. She isn't over mushrooms yet but not only did she learn not to hate the other things, now she loves some of the things and will even go out of her way sometimes to say sushi sounds good, etc. All I did was eat it around her from time to time until the shock left, and eventually when the smell stopped bugging her she tried stuff.
It's hell I'm sure but she was 30 at the time. It's never too late, picky anons!

If one person hates guava and the other hates tomato then when all common food products of each are counted out then yes tomato guy is the picky one.

If bacon isn't on the menu, maybe just say that instead of no you flaming autist.

My mate's gf orders cheesburgers from maccas with nothing but the patty and the bun. Not even sauce. I die a little inside every time.

Depends on the place. My gf doesn't like ketchup, mayo or mustard for some reason and when I get her fast food they sometimes pull that exact crap. McDonald's is the biggest offendor but it's happened st BK too.

You talk like a poor person. Your obvious joy at having "figured out" the best way to handle your slave-tier job proves that you will never amount to anything. The world needs people like you to fill the gaps. Until automation is complete. Then hopefully you will be hunted for sport.

>iceburg
Iceberg.

>noodles
lmao

>no burger comes with sauce
>what is a big mac

>cheeseburger with no cheese please :)

youtube.com/watch?v=GYCTVlxVx0I

No, my job is literally what my employer says it is: no substitutions! :^)

>buhhhhhh
>guhhhhhhhh
See my above post for a bit of much needed info! You have lots of rage... you must be one of the customers who walk out in total shame as they are laughed out of our hot spot for trying to make some stupid modifications to something that is clearly perfect.
The children know not what they do~

>what is a big mac

gr8 b8 m8