Hey Veeky Forums, I need a good chili recipe. I want something hot, but not overpoweringly hot

Hey Veeky Forums, I need a good chili recipe. I want something hot, but not overpoweringly hot.

Other urls found in this thread:

dadcooksdinner.com/2015/01/pressure-cooker-texas-red-chili.html/
youtube.com/watch?v=HQ3YO7ovPp8&ab_channel=StartingStrength
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

buy a can and eat it cold

But where's the fun in that?

Anybody else put baked beans in it?

if you want powdered, then cayenne and chipotle are easy to find and the hotness is directly related to how much you put in. depending on where you are maybe you can get Gebhart chili.

chipotle has a distinct smoky/sweet taste, Gebharbt is kind of hearty and hot, and cayenne is pure hot, very little flavor.

if you want fresh, my go to for a hot bowl of chili for 2lbs of meat is:
2 ancho or pasilla chiles, dried, 4 jalapeno, 3 habanero, 3-4 bird chilis and one cubano/banana pepper, fresh, seeded and minced, and a glug of cayenne based hot sauce, and NO TOMATO OR BEANS. add the normal amounts of onion, garlic, oregano and cumin, salt and pepper

chili is meat, chilis and herbs. serve refritos on the side but don't cook them into the dish they will nerf it, as will tomato.

>not overwhelmingly hot
are you some kind of pussy?

Holy shit make this.

It blew me away.

dadcooksdinner.com/2015/01/pressure-cooker-texas-red-chili.html/

>Texas chili

stopped reading right there

youtube.com/watch?v=HQ3YO7ovPp8&ab_channel=StartingStrength

enjoy all the goodness and gains from our lord and saviour Rippletits

Add oil
Add onion
Add garlic
Add garlic paste, ginger paste, tomato puree
Add spices (chili powder, cyanne, cumin, whatever)
Mix into paste
Add meat
Brown
Add tinned tomatoes (1 can per lb of meat)
Add spoon sugar or lump of chocolate
Simmer with lid on for a while mixing up and breaking up the tomato's every half an hour

Very basic chili. It's as Spicy as you want

>ginger paste
what in the fuck is wrong with you? fix your shit

Excellent question OP, but why did you post picture of bean and beef stew?

because he likes chili you cunt.

>meat
>beans
>onions
>lots of chilli
>cook it
>eat it
not that hard user

2 lbs chuck, 3/4" dice or chili grind
1 onion
3 cloves garlic
1 tbs each cumin and ground oregano
1/4 cup chili powder
2 each guajillo, NM reds, passilla
1 arbol
3 anchos
S&P
1 can each rotel, beer, green chiles, el pato

Prepare chiles by removing stems and seeds, place in pot and cover with one inch of water. Bring to boil, simmer for ten minutes, let cool and purée in blender or food processor.

Dice onion, cook with beef, add garlic when halfway done. After beef is done turn up the heat and let the bottom of the pan get a little crusty without burning. Add other ingredients and water if needed. Let simmer at least six but preferably eight hours.

>>beans

Haha, no sweetie, OP wants to make chili. ;^)

You have to go back - to Texas, faggot.

1 cup chopped white onion
14 oz. Beef broth
1 can (8 oz.) tomato paste
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
4 - 6 Cloves of garlic, minced
2 ½ Tbsp. Gebhardt chili powder (divided)
3 Tbsp. New Mexico mild powder (divided)
1 ½ tsp. garlic granules
1 Tbsp. onion granules
4 Tbsp. California mild powder (divided)
2 Tbsp. New Mexico hot powder (divided)
1 ½ tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. Chimayo powder
3 Tbsp. Cumin (divided)
3 lbs. tri tip beef, cubed
½ tsp. light oil
½ tsp. Cayenne powder
1 tsp. Mexican oregano
1 (7¾ oz.) tomato sauce – hot
14 oz. Chicken broth
1 ½ Tbsp. Pasilla powder
½ tsp. Arbol powder

How does this sound?

>this meme again

What a fag

I had a 36 yr old co-worker who ate chef boyardee ravioli cold out of the can, hovering over the trash bin in the breakroom.

His life was shit though so I never held it too hard against him. However, his life situation was surely the result of his own shitty choices.

To trigger you, probably. And it worked.

make Ollie's chili recipe. Its actually p gosh darn good

I wish that eurofag guy whose recipe BTFO of any texasfag would have been made a sticky. That was a damn good recipe. And texasfags were so butthurt, there was no response other than some guy who gave a recipe for meat filling for a taco or burrito.

Official Texasfag here. We really don't care, beans or no beans, but if it's used as a topping (chilidogs, frito pie, etc.) then it is absolutely no beans. These are the official rules.

Ok then. I'm glad to see a voice of reason is actually present in texas. Hope springs eternal.

Not like its hard to find a voice of reason in Texas. Literally every race is here. Not even the user you replied to, and I'm just another white Texan. This place is not what everyone seems to think.

>Literally every race is here. Not even the user you replied to, and I'm just another white Texan. This place is not what everyone seems to think.

Too hot in the summer, too much traffic near the big cities and all the Shiner you can drink?

Those points are quite true, sure. But when I said "everyone" I was referring to a fuuuuuckload more people than just you for which their claims/opinions/assumptions which are very frequently not true. Especially the ignorantly hateful ones.

But on your note... holy fucking shit, I can't believe how hot it gets here sometimes, and even this "winter" is reaching up to frequent summer lows. I miss the freezing wind's kiss we had those years ago.

we'll be clean soon.