How do i make my chicken look brownish...

How do i make my chicken look brownish? I'm cooking it in the oven and covered it with foil and added salt and i even buttered it but its still not browning.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LQZjHOyHvNY
youtube.com/watch?v=HdTnVFgIf70
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Crank your heat up and baste it every 5 minutes.

blacked.com has good recipes.

use the broiler, dumbass

Forget the foil and butter. Salt that motherfucker, are we talking like a whole ass roast chicken? you should see salt all over that bitch. Cook it on hot-as-fuck temperatures. I'm talking 450°F.

Wait, it's covered? Fucking uncover it!

oh just for reference I called my mom a couple of days ago and asked her what she did and she said. bake it at 375 for 25 mins and salt and cover it. When she makes it at home it comes out brown but im not sure why it didnt this time?

>baste
i dont know what that means?

i dont have a broiler

Will it be edible with that much salt? also its already in the oven should i take it out and add salt?

will it cook if its uncovered? also its been in the oven for like 20 minutes

Baking soda is very useful for browning.
youtube.com/watch?v=LQZjHOyHvNY

Broiling is when the heat comes from the top of your oven, not the bottom. Bottom heat is baking, top heat is broiling. Basting is what you do to a turkey when you pour its own juices over it. Your chicken absolutely will cook uncovered.

Is it a whole chicken? Chicken breast? Legs? Thighs?

its breast i think. its like a boneless slab

Meat browns on the outside when it's dry and hot. You can help keep it consistently hot on the outside by using some fat. If you've covered it with foil and there is moisture in there then you're basically steaming it and it won't brown. Don't overcook it trying to get it brown on the outside, though...

This is what it looks like now. pic related. sorry for shit quality

it doesnt have any skin not sure if it will still work

how do i know when to not brown it?

At 20 min if it's not browned by now just give up, tear off the gross skin, and bust out the hotsauce.

The rice didn't burn this time.

oh...ok.
I mean its edible i just wanted it to look bettter.

I just mean if you've already cooked the chicken all the way through, it's done, don't try cooking it any more to get it brown since you will just dry out the inside.

It's no big deal just gotta do better next time. For boneless skinless chicken breasts I would recommend a pan over the oven though.
Pound the meat out thin and cook in a bit of oil.

Ok so this batch didn't come out like i'd hoped but next one will be better. Just to make sure i have the steps right i should salt, pepper, bakingsoda both sides of the chicken, put it in the oven at 450 F for 20 minutes without covering it. And then flip it to brown the other side for a couple of minutes since it is already cooked

that might be a bit advance at the moment. dont want oil splattering all over me

Next time put oil on it. Extra virgin olive oil is the way to go, but anything will do. It will help in the browning. Also cook it uncovered. You should grab chicken breast with the skin on and the bone still in tho.

>You should grab chicken breast with the skin on and the bone still in tho.
any reason for this?

> (You)
>i dont have a broiler

you have an oven, it has a broiler
>salt, pepper, bakingsoda both sides of the chicken, put it in the oven at 450 F for 20 minutes

oh my bad, didn't realize this was b8 thread.

go one with your bad 13 year old self, kiddo

>sage

>didn't realize this was b8 thread
I assure you its not this is the first time ive cooked something thats not hotdog or eggs or rice. I'm trying my best it may not seem like it but i really am.

Skin and bones add flavor. I'm not a fan of pounding out my meat, unless it refers to masturbating. By cooking chicken with the bone in and skin on, you can cook it longer without worrying it will dry out. Plus it's the chicken skin you want to get golden and crisp, while having white juicy meat inside.

Covering it with foil will shield it from direct heat in your oven so it wont get your desired color. Id just sear it fat side down in a hot pan then pop it in the oven for maximum color.

It isn't necessary if you don't want to, and many people don't, but try brining your chicken tits first. If they were already packaged in brine, or if it's bone-in, etc., not necessary.

The most basic brine is literally just water and salt, but you can add other herbs and spices to the water for flavor. Then just let it sit in the brine for as little as an thirty minutes to an hour. Don't forget to rinse it off and dry it a bit before cooking or you may find it overly salty or too wet.

You can also let it steep in something closer to a marinade.

Brining infuses meat with moisture to prevent it from drying out when cooking. Especially handy when grilling.

This is because you want to cook the chicken uncovered. Covering it just blocks it from direct heat, steaming it and allowing it to wallow in its juices. Not good if you want proper browning.

If you're just baking it without marinade you can then baste it with butter, brush it with oil, dust it lightly with paprika if you want more color.

If this isn't enough, hit it with the broiler option for a couple minutes. Just be careful not to burn it.

Second option is to pan fry it a little before putting it in the oven.

Baking powder, not soda. And like the video says, only really for air drying for a few hours to a day in the fridge. A day would be very unnecessary for simple breasts.

>How do i make my chicken look brownish?
OP is that a racist crap you are trying to pull here

Season it. Coat it well with an oil that has a high smoke point, avocado is good. Get a frying pan nice and fucking hot then put the chicken in there. 2 minutes on each side to give it a nice sear, then into a 400F oven for about 7-10 minutes depending on the thickness really. Let it rest for 5 after. Pic related is nothing special. A standard meal I make. I am guessing you want the chicken to look like this? Now you know. Just make sure you have an oven safe pan.

what temperature and how long should it be in the oven? Also does this board have like a /stupid question/ general or a questions that don't deserve their own type thread. The boards i frequent usually have these types of threads and i find them very useful.

nvm this user replied

and that is exactly the type of brown that i wanted.

Glad to have helped. My advice is just make sure you remove the tender so the chicken cooks more evenly, and it helps to take a meat tenderizer or if you don't have one, just cover the breast with some foil and pound it to an even thickness using the bottom of a pot. Happy cooking mate you will enjoy delicious flavourful juicy chicken breasts from now on.

>I don't have a broiler

is everyone on this fucking board autistic or fucking inept?

Don't bully, some poorfags have ovens that literally do not come with a top heating element, only a bottom one.

salt/brine it and fry it in a pan. I have no idea why people would bake chicken breast.

Or just use the broiler (I'd bet your oven has a broiler feature, but you're just too retarded to even know what that is)

>(I'd bet your oven has a broiler feature, but you're just too retarded to even know what that is)
Looks that OP is retarded on many fronts

This video might help, OP. Stick with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=HdTnVFgIf70