Anyone ever had great mac and cheese? I am still questing for the ultimate mac and cheese

Anyone ever had great mac and cheese? I am still questing for the ultimate mac and cheese.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3YcdNi9kmhY
nuggetmarket.com/recipes/783/wild-mushroom-truffle-macaroni-and-cheese/
youtube.com/channel/UCYvgalxiHFL3uHANR0BC4Xg
youtube.com/watch?v=coYqrXsDPdU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Am I the only one who finds carb+dairy dishes boring?

costco sells very good mac and cheese. it's in the refrigerated section - next to the meat and stuff. i like to eat it with barbecue sauce and hot sauce.

I used to love it with corn and mashed potatoes as a side for whatever.
but only in that combination of sides.
I never had any that find even good, it's always just part of the sides that make it to the plate.
I think it's an unnecessary food item.

Yeah. I made it from a recipe I found in an Acadian cookbook and it was fucking killer.

That Kraft mac and Cheese that you put in the microwave for 3 1/2 minutes tastes like under-cooked Jew.

heavy cream, cheddar, smoked gouda, butter.

and don't forget to salt your pasta water.

don't bake it

>boil some noodles
>pour boiled noodles in bowl
>add slice of american cheese on top
>microwave
BAM!
Instant, great mac and cheese.

My ex's dad made this bomb-ass mac and cheese with lobster and bacon. Best mac and cheese I ever had.

>use a mix of smoked gouda and cheddar

Welcome to Flavortown

I have this "recipe" I like to call luxomac where it's a box of generic Kraft Mac and cheese but I add powdered Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and sun dried tomatoes. It's pretty heavy but it's tasty.

Do you get the "World's Best" kind? I've always been tempted to try it but haven't had a chance.

Will it be good if I include a Donair base sauce to it? I just don't want my Mac's to be bland.

Quest complete:
youtube.com/watch?v=3YcdNi9kmhY

I made this recipe a couple weeks ago (using cellentani instead of elbows) and it was next level.

nuggetmarket.com/recipes/783/wild-mushroom-truffle-macaroni-and-cheese/

>inb4 truffle oil

panera macaroni and cheese is beautiful

this stuff here is heavenly

I find Kraft mac n' cheese prep'd with half as much butter and 2-3 cups of whole milk to be delicious. It's more cheesy noodle soup than macn cheese tho.

kraft is filled with sludge desu i can't eat it knowing how horrible it is for the body

Lobster mac and cheese is pretty nice although it's kind of a waste of lobster.

>considering mac and cheese a dish and not a side

Restaurant I used to work at had lobster mac and cheese on the menu for something like $17-18 a plate, and it only had 2oz of lobster meat.

The real rip off was that an extra/double order of lobster was a $5 up-charge, and loads of people did it.

Au Bon Pain had really fucking good mac and cheese that had this really strange quality that I couldn't figure out. I tried to replicate it for a long time. I think they changed their recipe now and the quality was gone.

My neighborhood restaurant used to do that. I fucking hated the rubbery lobster so I'd ask them to hold the lobster and they'd look at me like I was trying to steal something and go "ok but it's still going to be $18". I'd be like "fine can you hold the truffle oil too" and they'd go "no it's part of Chef's vision for the dish". Eventually I got sick of the stink of truffle oil so I ordered other stuff.

They got a new chef, equally pretentious but at least he doesn't use truffle oil.

Oh yeah, it's definitely a rip off if you get it in restaurants, but so is lobster in general. They just use the "lobster!" tagline as an excuse to charge a bunch and even if there's a decent amount of meat it gets overpowered by rest of the dish.
Most places don't have quality lobster or the know how to cook it right anyway.

We never used truffle oil, but it was still an overly rich dish.

>half a stick butter in the pan, spoon of minced garlic, cherry tomatoes, toss, add measured baggie of lobster, toss, deglaze with big glug of sherry, big ladle of liazon, big handful of cheddar/smoked gouda blend, toss, add al dente cavattappi, toss, into serving bowl, top with oily seasoned panko, under broiler to brown, top with scallions

The best part was it took about a minute to make, and you could put pretty much anything on the line into the dish, so mac and cheese for staff meal every day.

a local diner near me makes some damn good mac and cheese, but I'm operating on a shoestring budget and can't go out as often as I used to

kraft mac and cheese is a sin and it put me off actual mac and cheese for yeeeeeeears as a kid because I just assumed that's what mac and cheese was.

Disney World Friar's Nook Mac and cheese. It is the definition of god-tier. You can also get it with either BBQ chicken, beef, or pulled pork on it

liazon?

>less butter and more milk

You make it the exact opposite way I do, I prefer it to not have any liquid sauce in the bottom of the bowl and all stick to the noodles, and I use a bit extra butter to balance out less milk

I'm pretty sure great Mac and Cheese just happens accidentally. At least for me.

I use a very standard recipe for Mac and cheese and it tastes alright, but one day something happened and I don't know what the fuck I did but it was marvelous. The cheese sauce was stringy as fuck and you could actually taste the flavor of the cheese. It was goopy and decadent but as far as I know it was a simple roux, heavy cream, and cheddar/Parmesan.

I tend to get some macaroni and some cheese and do it myself. I also put come chopped tomato, spinach and a little olive oil in a saucepan a mix them in with it.

The one at Cheesecake Factory is awesome

anybody got the easiest mac and cheese recipe? I hate complex recipes.

Do I have the youtube channel for you

youtube.com/channel/UCYvgalxiHFL3uHANR0BC4Xg

>all this people in the thread using heavy cream for the bechamel instead of milk

what the actual fuck

I had mac & cheese at a fancy hotel in London and it had truffle grated into the sauce. Fucking delicious

Imitation crab in mac and cheese is the only time I'll touch the stuff.

Not memeing, Food Wishes has the best mac and cheese recipe I've had so far. I've made it several times and I'm making it again today. You can't stop me.

Which one?

youtube.com/watch?v=coYqrXsDPdU

This stuff *looks* abhorrent, but made right it's actually not half bad.

It's made the same way as Kraft "mac & cheese", but the sauce mix is a lot stronger. I make it by substituting cream cheese for the butter (one good tablespoon is about enough usually), then adding the powder and finally the milk. cream might be a solid idea for it that I've never considered till now, but it'll have to wait for a while.

anyway once it's all mixed and the cream cheese has melted into the "sauce", i add some well-grated cheddar. mix it right through. i can and have straight up eaten two boxes in one sitting.

There are people who don't salt their pastas?

Not really some mac and chesse but we have a dish in Switzerland that looks a lot like it.
You put macaronis, onions, bacon, cream (a lot) and gruyère (also a lot)

whites yo

ok ophrea.

There's a kitchen protip floating around saying that salting the water is only for lowering the boiling point, letting it boil faster.
Of course this is silly and wouldn't accomplish anything worthwhile, so of course there's no point in salting the water.

I had lobster mac and cheese from this restaurant in downtown Phoenix called Strand.

It was so fucking good but spendy.

My mom makes the best mac n cheese. Sorry.

>muh sides
What is a side dish?

He means liaison, a mixture of heavy cream and egg yolks (1 part egg yolk, 3 parts heavy cream).

Ebin :^)

I also use bacon and onion. Frying bacon and onion in garlic and rosemary is the most amazing smell.

Ha u am roody poo

Make it with equal parts good pepper jack and sharp cheddar and make sure to add a tiny bit of dijon mustard to the sauce.

Lmao, she uses Kraft, you delusional fool. She only says it's hand-made to make you feel better about your sprained ankle.