Does anyone else think that craft beer is becoming too mainstream...

Does anyone else think that craft beer is becoming too mainstream? I can appreciate the artisanal aspect of it as much as anyone else but the hobby is becoming diluted by le IPA normies that think blue moon is a craft beer.

I dunno. I just don't want to be associated with beta nu-males which is what the craft beer industry has become.

I think it's time to switch to whiskey.

>beta nu-males
you mean regular normal people who can interact with women without spilling their spaghetti all over the floor and stuttering something about holding the door open?
>I think it's time to switch to whiskey.
I have a better idea: bleach

Who fucking cares it tastes good.

i like it but it pisses me off at the same time

i was ordering kegs from a u-brew place where they make the beer in house according to your specifications and it was goat tier and literally craft beer but my lame hipster friends turned their noses up at it because "ewwwwww-brew" until i invented some faggy hipster brand name for it and suddenly it was so great

fucking posers don't know taste

Get better friends.

they're good friends in many other ways.. just really stupid and snobby about food and drink for whatever reason

If you honestly care about whether what you like is obscure enough or not then you are the beta numale.

So, you can't like something if too many other people like it too?

What the fuck? Did you even ever like craft beer in the first place?

If your flyover friends think that BM is craft beer then craft beer clearly hasn't become "too" mainstream (whatever that even means).

>I liked it before it was cool!
Kill yourself hipster faggots.

>beta nu-males which is what the craft beer industry has become.

No it hasn't, you cockgobbler. I'll give you the fact that the betas have swarmed to the absurd notion that an insane IPA is the end all be all of craft brew, just like they swarm to the notion that Ghost Peppers are the only legitimate hot sauce. But that's a function of their inferiority complex and trying to prove a masculinity that's been seriously compromised. It's a Millennial thing.

Be that as it may, the craft brew industry is beginning to branch out. Most decent craft brewers are producing Alts, Scotch Ales, Bitters, Belgians, Kolsch, Dunkels, Bocks, and Czech or German Pilsners.

Beta is holding onto a nonsensical, cheapass, tasteless, feminine brew which is what 'murrican males were forced to put up with since prohibition.

Here is the thing. I go to my local breweries to try and show my support. When I look around and realize that I am standing in line with a bunch of liberal losers, it makes a stain on the character of the industry.

When I went to the distillery to show my support, it was a bunch of adult conservative men that still had some semblance of integrity and weren't walking around in hoodies and unkempt beards.

The craft beer industry is being overrun by retarded liberals and it's ruining it for the rest of us. The worst part is that there is a shift to retarded liberals running the craft beer industries which is why its on the way out right now

>le IPA normies that think blue moon is a craft beer.
You realize those are polar opposites, right?

Stop defining your tastes by what your in group enjoys. Fucking pathetic.

*combs beard oil into beard* ah yes, i also believe 'tis quite good

>Does anyone else think that craft beer is becoming too mainstream?
Yeah I hate having cheaper and more diverse options. It really sucks.

> the hobby is becoming diluted by le IPA normies that think blue moon is a craft beer.
wut? flyover?

>I dunno. I just don't want to be associated with beta nu-males
lol grow a pair and an identity

The more craft on the market and shelves the better. I mean my city's local scene is booming and it's probably going to be survival of the fittest and some will die out, but I like to see inventive things happening with beer.

And I really hope the IPA market dies down. I really want to have more options but in my area it really dominates, hopefully more craft means less IPA as breweries try to differentiate themselves.

You have an odd, almost homoerotic fascination with men's beards user.

Found the twink nu-male. Just become a trap already it's all you can ever do

so true. I used to go to my local craft breweries, taste each sample, bullshit with some of the other MEN, fill a growler or two and go home. Now every time i go it's overflowing with pussified liberal douchebags. I just get my beer and leave. Not a scene I want to associated with. OP has it right, Whiskey is the drink for men who still have hair on their balls.

Who the fuck cares? If you like good beer, drink it and don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks of it.

Sometimes you have to take a step back to take two steps forward

Congrats OP, not liking something because other people like it means you truly belong here.

I don't even know wtf "craft beer" is. Just drink good beer and don't worry about anything else.

This has to be the most pathetic post I've ever seen

It's a term hillbillies use to refer to beer that wasn't typically consumed in 1970s Muncie, Indiana. It's like when they say "specialty cheese" to refer to cheese that doesn't come out of a spray can or between layers of clear plastic. Or "hipster bread" to refer to bread that isn't wonder bread.

In normal places if you say "the new craft beer that's taking the beverage industry by storm" it sounds a bit quaint and rustic, but I am given to understand that it's considered important in the midwest and the deep south because there are people there who still think Stella is fancy and "new" (on a time scale of half a human lifetime) is gay and possibly unamerican. So when you say "it's payday and as a way of celebrating that I am gainfully employed as a WIDF astro-turfer, I'm gonna head down to the piggly-wiggly to purchase some of the new craft beer but I don't hate America RRRAWWR DON'T TREAD ON ME I will prove it to you by purchasing the strongest most MANLY new craft beer, the IPA!"

this is the equivalent of racism

let that sink in for a moment on how autistic you are about beer

I didn't know guys could have daddy issues, but it looks like you do

Whiskey has the same beard-combing hipsters that beer has. Save your liver the trouble if all you give a shit about is your faggy little "scene" rather than the actual product you fucking crybaby cuck.

Most people I have brought this point up with either agree with me or are indifferent. The only people who get upset by it or disagree or find it stupid are the ones that identify with the very crowd I discuss. Let me fill you in on something, champ, the world isn't your safespace. Go lift some weights and you'll see what I am talking about. I am just tired of being dragged to the left when all I want is to buy some beer

I'm as conservative as they come. Contain your autism or just stop drinking.

If you dont live in los angeles or new york yu are a flyover cow with irrelevant opinions

>the world isn't your safespace
>I have to stop drinking beer because I left the basement once and saw someone with facial hair I didn't like
Do you have even an ounce of self-awareness, or is this just an elaborate parody of how alt-rights think?

Craft beer is not "too" mainstream by any means, the vast vast vast majority of people still drink piss beer. Most bars I go to, the most popular beer by far is Bud Light, and the rest of what I mostly ser is Budweiser, Heineken, and Corona.

It's funny how rednecks think they're manly, but drink Bud Light.

Even in NYC, most people still drink piss beer

It's supposed to be mainstream. Craft beer is the way beer used to be made (outside of like a billion IPAs). Prior to that all we had were shit adjunct lagers.

>NYC
You mean outerbourough scum
Most people in the city drink belgians or "local" (ommegang, sixpoint, etc)

This. I love how much good beer is available now. It would suck if the beer selection was like it was in 1975 where all that's available is BMC and shitty pale lagers from Mexico and Europe.

You must be autistic if you think most people in Manhattan drink high end craft.

That being said, you should try Bronx Pale Ale, it's one of the best beers I ever had.

>Does anyone else think that craft beer is becoming too mainstream
please leave you pretensions faggot.

>pretensions

The population of Manhattan doubles during weekdays, do you really think all those women with "the Rachel" hairdos and men in Haggar non-iron shirts drinking Heineken at the dive bars near MSG are from the city?

As much as I hate the hype around craft beers, I'm really grateful to the movement for basically singlehandedly killing the whole gluten-free movement.

I'm talking about bars in the East Village and LES, most people there are locals or maybe from Brooklyn.

These bars all serve crafts, but most people still drink macros.

And when people do drink crafts, it's mostly stuff like Lagunitas and Brooklyn, not fucking Belgian Trappist.

Lel, new Belgium makes a Gluten free beer

>Lagunitas and Brooklyn are piss beers
Ok

Nah, the next big thing will be gin. Already happening over here in Europe.

Noooo, they're excellent, but I said even when people drink craft (meaning that most people don't drink craft), it's stuff like that and not what you listed as examples

Gin was huge in like 2009-2012, by now people have grown bored with the boom gins and everyone has just staked out their personal pet boutique gin that replaces having a personality. The current big thing is nip whisky, unfortunately.

Gin is fucking gross

Look I mean obviously places catering to broke youngsters around Cooper Square and Tompkins Square are going to be serving a lot of cheap macros, but everywhere north of 14th street, where the gainfully employed are drinking, it's basically Belgian territory.

>going to bars North of 14th st

And keep in mind that once you go North of W110th st, or E96th st, it becomes predominately lower income minorities, I doubt they're drinking much craft beer

Sounds like you are more worried about your image than the actual product

Uh, it's not 1988 anymore, Harlem has a huge bar and restaurant scene now and even in Washington Heights and Inwood there's a lot of good drinking as long as you stay west of Broadway.

lagunitas is shit m8

>muh obscure stuff
Ok

Bullshit, their IPA, Pils and Lil sumpin are all great beers

Those neighborhoods still aren't fully gentrified. Regardless, I still don't believe that the majority of Manhattanites drink Belgians.

I just had the Pils last night, it was great.

We can move the goalposts all day because people drink all kinds of stuff. Cocktails, wine, "craft beer", "piss beer", craft spirits, well spirits, craft cocktails, shitty cocktails, and muh obscure shit. This isn't really a one drink town.

The fact remains, if there's a single type of beer that distinguishes Manhattan drinking from beer preferences in other parts of America, it's Belgians. The city has a boner for Belgian beer and has for some time. A new Belgian beer hall practically opens every 2 weeks. Even AB-InBev has picked up on this, they opened a Belgian beer hall just off Madison Square Park recently. I'm surprised that someone who lives somewhere in the five boroughs, and is allegedly paying attention, hasn't.

I love craft beer but I'm not an extreme craft beer enthusiast, so I don't know the trends of what beer enthusiasts around here like.

>it tastes good.

I honestly can't taste the difference 99% of the time.

>

What's wrong with Muncie?

Found a German beer thats 12% and its like 12 bucks should i say fuck it and get two?
I usualy buy tall boy colt 45 and sailor Jerry's.
Oh and coors when I'm poor.
Whats a good cheap Beer you all drink
>protip real rednecks drink homemade hooch and shine

>Those neighborhoods still aren't fully gentrified

kys

Are you retarded? Most of Harlem/Washington Heights is still pretty ethnic (not saying that's a bad thing)

Moonshine is a meme

I think it's better for the hobby if you just kill your self.

>Let me fill you in on something, champ, the world isn't your safespace.
he said, while bemoaning a lack of safe spaces.
Genuinely pathetic.

This just reeks of stale piss and autism.

then beer might not be for your taste, try wine.

i dont see anything wrong with it. i like the idea of small breweries making it by selling their local beers. it supports smaller business.

You have to drink a lot of different beers before you can tell. It's something you develop.

Old Milwaukee is good bang for your buck

Award for best buttblasted user of the month goes to him. I know it's early february, but no one can achieve this level of butthurt within 24 days.

Congratulations! We've manufactured it nowadays so it will fit under the narrow opening when you crawl back under your rock.