Japanese food popular overseas

Hi.. I was wondering what type of Japanese food might be popular overseas. I would like to sell on ebay to get some extra yen, because I don't have much money, but I don't know what should I list there. I'm already selling wasabi paste, katsuobushi, some cup noodles, but that's all.. I believe sake may be popular, but obviously, shipping would be too expensive so I didn't even try to offer that..

Green tea Kit Kats.

This and mochi flavored shit

Oh.. Yes.. I have to check if I can offer better price than those who are already selling it..

Mirin
Tamari Soy Sauce
Matcha-powder
Ramune
If shipping allows, native mushrooms such as Maitake/Shimeji /Enoki
Bulk Miso paste that you can probably get for cheap

As for snacks:
Japanese Kit-kats/Oreos/Anything well-known in the West, but that has Japan-Only flavors

Anything that Glico/Morinaga/Calbee makes oughta sell
Basically look on japanese merchandise site like J-List and see what's selling and if it's worthwhile to procure the goods and sell them yourself. If you go for more eclectic stuff, it might be better to put a whole box of various munchies together and sell that together curated for the more adventurous buyer.
/jp/ might be better help in this department

I'd suggest Japanese pancake mixes, but only Veeky Forums would buy them.

retort-pouch curry

>Every seasonal flavor of Kit-Kats taste better than matcha flavor.

>Matcha is the only flavor you can really get out of Japan

Why?

Anything that is a promotional or limited edition item. Anyone in the rest of the west who lives in a urban area can get half the stuff in your convenience stores if they want to. However, when red bull makes the sakura flavor for example, or when pepsi makes their special annual summer flavor, thats where the money is. I saw somewhere that they are making champagne pocky now. Thats the type of thing you should be selling. Anything that is a recognzable brand in the west but is obscure and not exported.

Bonito flakes. Shit is pretty hard to find in most places. Obviously can't make a living off that shit alone, but definitely include it in your inventory.

retards are obsessed with the green tea kit kat. all normies shit themselves when they first find out it exists for some strange reason. i remember hearing a bunch of med students in the next aisle over shouting with excitement because they had them at the local korean grocery in my neighborhood.

What kind of hick town do you live in?

Good idea with those mushrooms. Also, someone from Europe requested dried konbu, and that matcha powder, which you mentioned. And there was actually just one type of matcha powder at my local shop.. ^_^ I don't drink it myself, so I was surprised..
I'll definitely try some of those sweets, thank you..
I wanted to put there ramune too, but for some reason, they don't sell it at my shop in winter..

What is the usual price? I sell 80g bag for 9.95 USD (shipping included)
Is it too expensive? (I just checked other prices on ebay and put it there with similar price)

Not but I live in the most hickest of towns, where we are lucky to even get our hands on panko. You can even call me a hickster.

Your welcome.
>I wanted to put there ramune too, but for some reason, they don't sell it at my shop in winter..
Not surprising since it's commonly distributed and consumed mostly throughout the hot summer months like when the autumn leaves fall and whiffs of pumpkin-spice fill the air in the West.

Good idea. ^^ thank you..

Too cheap...

Oh.. Then my price is good, I'm glad.. ^_^
I buy that 80g bag for 3.1 USD, shipping via SAL is another 3.1, so I have like 3.75 minus the ebay fee (which I don't remember) on one bag..

I live in Tokyo and I will undercut whatever prices he's selling for

Post it on Canadian amazon for the same price as the 30 gram bag and you will make a killing! I would buy it from you. Remember, most of Canada is remote. We don't have access to proper Asian markets.

i really like this thread

Vending machine drinks, like green melon calpis or BOSS coffee latte or even that banana au lait or whatever the fuck it's called. God damn do I miss that stuff.

Hmm.. I never tried to sell anything on amazon, but it may be actually good idea..

Yes, my favourite is that sweet orange drink in small metal bottle. Also don't remember the name.

The more places you try to sell things, the more money you can earn. I can't see how it would be a bad idea to be honest. While you're at it, make sure to post any obscure pocky stick flavors.

You can find that flavor anywhere nowadays. What I want are all the other flavors that the Japanese jealously horde for themselves.

Pocari Sweat please/thanks

Aspergillus oryzae, or "koji" fungus for converting the carbohydrates in rice to fermentable sugars for making sake or miso. There are only a few suppliers and I'd like to have more options.

Is powder ok? That would be actually very easy goods for shipping..

Ok.. I will check if I can get it somehow..

How bout some of those used schoolgirl underpants? Like to take a nice deep sniff of some of those