So, we agree an egg is not a fetus before fertilized

So, we agree an egg is not a fetus before fertilized.
Vegans could eat it, right?

Milk isn't a fetus either.

Can vegans eat out their GF when they are on the rag?

No, nigger.

Correct. An egg is basically a self-contained placenta and uterus.

No...? Vegatarians could and many do, but vegans abstain from anything that is derived from an animal, at least so they claim. Many forget that FUCKTONS of common household items contain animal products. Like...it's crazy, the walls, the carpet and even your shitty gross vegan desk chair almost invariably include some animal products in their creation or processing.

>shitty gross vegan desk chair
Leather isn't vegan.

What the fuck don't you understand in "animal by-product"?

Vegans don't eat animal products, retard.

>2016
>posts on a food and cooking board
>doesn't know the difference between a vegerarian and a vegan

ideally vegans shouldn't eat anything

This.

Vegans should and could eat eggs, but they're too feeble minded to realize it.
Also, you can eat unfertilized or fertilized eggs (fertilized eggs are actually healthier for you, but it doesn't really matter which one you eat). Chickens don't recognize their eggs as offspring until they hatch. I've seen feral chickens eat their own eggs. You're not "stealing their babies" or "eating fetuses", since eggs are collected before any such thing forms. You're collecting one of the most perfect foods in history.
Also, please buy free range eggs. I may be an omnivore, but factory farming SUCKS.

If a vegan were to keep her own hens, I honestly don't see why she would have an ethical problem with eating the unfertilized eggs. Am I wrong? Vegans allow themselves to keep pets, right? Biologically, unfertilized eggs are a completely different circumstance than mammal milk.

because the chicken isn't doing it consentually

>Vegans allow themselves to keep pets, right?

"Pets" are slavery. Vegans may live with companion animals, if AND ONLY IF the animals have equal footing in the household.

If chickens want to eat their own eggs many vegans would argue that they should be left to do that, instead of us taking one of their food sources.

Some vegans keep rescued hens but often will leave the hens to their own devices and let them consume their own eggs for extra food.

A hen casts off unfertilized eggs like a cat sheds whiskers. She really doesn't care about them. That's silly.

That's a lie. An animal companion could not have consented to live with a vegan in the first place 999,999 times out of 1,000,000. I'm guessing more "vegans" keep companion animals than that though. Yet they probably do what all responsible care-takers of animals do and disallow them from roaming free inside and outside at the animals' wills. Hens, however would stick around your yard without fences if you had a garden and built a little coop for them. They'd leave eggs for you of their own free will.

I don't really care, but don't tell me grass is blue and the sky is green.

And should the hens not eat the eggs? They just rot and attract predator animals that will eat the chickens? Would they just throw the eggs out into the woods? You couldn't intervene at all because it interferes with non-human nature? If so, why intervene with the rescued chickens in the first place?

For instance, to a cat, a trip to the vet when it's sick is definitely not it's will. How can that in any way be construed as equal footing in the household to the cat? Yet if you do not do it, you are definitely being negligent towards the cat. Does the cat pretend this display of benevolent dominance never happened? No, of course not.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, but now I'm genuinely curious.

Will no vegans come to answer my honest questions with honest answers?

If vegans wont eat honey they sure as fuck aren't going to eat an egg.

It's all relative. The hens are instinct driven and will take what their bodies need.

Humans have a choice. When it comes to the chickens and intervention it ties back into why I at least would not consume eggs. The welfare of the animal is what's paramount.

Unless you raise your own hens and collect eggs the needs of the animal will likely not be met.

The real question is when Lab-grown meat becomes widespread, will Vegans/Veggies eat that?

no. to cultivate cells in a lab, you need lots of animal products, e.g. serum or growth factors.

>need lots of animal products to grow meat

You think vegetables sprout from rock? You've got your manure, blood meal, bone meal, fish emulsion, etc.

Please try learning how vegetables are grown instead of following the advice of your favorite pop singer, daytime talk show host, or actress.

Compost is vegetal you idiot.

That's stupid. Hens don't need to eat their own eggs, it's a random behavior.

I think the real answer here is it's easier to avoid eggs altogether than eat them only if they fit a specific set of criteria.

Apart from health there is no reason to not eat unfertilized eggs from your own hen.

>Also, please buy free range eggs. I may be an omnivore, but factory farming SUCKS.
This

We don't need to eat eggs either.

If there's a chicken farm where the chickens are free-range and none of them are slaughtered/sold for slaughter and are kept in good conditions past the point that they stop laying eggs, I could see a vegan who's only in it for moral reasons going for it. However, vegans are usually gung-ho about both the moral and the health effects of their diet and wouldn't want to break their streak of "pure veganism" anyway. If it's an egg from a factory farm, forget it.

Vegans refusing to eat honey because it's "stealing from bees" is what really grinds my gears. It's a net benefit for everyone. Bees don't suffer for a slight lack of honey and beekeeping practices aim to keep the hives safe and prolific.

Reminder that vaccines aren't vegan so stay away from them

Neither are the screen nor the battery in your phone

>stay away from them
Your mother clearly didn't, you fucking aspie.

No because chicken farmers are forced to get into debt or their clients change suppliers.
So basically chicken production must be fast and cheap or you get blacklisted from the market

At least my mother didn't kill me by feeding me a vegan diet when I was a baby
That makes her better than any vegan out there

>2016

>Hens don't need to eat their own eggs
Yes they do, they need the calcium to make egg shell. (I know, it's stupid.)

>Neither are the screen nor the battery in your phone
What animal are phones made from again?

Do vegans not wear wool?

How about you don't say that and try adjusting those diseased minds who think that vaccines are evil and cause autism, so we don't have epidemics in our hands as some sort of deadly virus mutates from a retard patient 0?

Or kill them before the virus gets to them, that works too.

Also if people are going to go vegan and shit on themselves, as long as they don't procreate, we are good - it's just a mutant strain of humanity. Vegans are picky eaters, which in courting and mating is a disadvantageous trait. As long as we consciously reject vegans, they'll die out and leave humanity stronger.

I've heard that feeding your chicken raw eggs isn't that good. Hard or soft boiling them, then tossing them to the hens is something i've seen people do.

Factory farming doesn't just suck for the animals, the eggs unarguably taste like shit. The first time I had an actual free range egg I was fucking blown away. They taste so much richer.

Egg laying has nothing to do with sex
it's more like their daily period more than anything

I know vegans that won't eat honey because it involves animal slave labour.

Is there a vegan out there that believes oral sex is cannibalism?

Free range means absolutely nothing. It is basically unregulated

> to vegans, bees are slave labor

wat

i've always believed that

btw to the retards in this thread, we believe in leaving animals alone and letting them live their natural lives without human interferance, that is the core of veganim

Uterus? maybe. It'a fucking stretch but maybe. Placenta? Hell no. There is no transfer of nutrients from the mother's blood through a membrane into the offspring's blood. An egg is figuratively closer to a seed than a womb.

I know that's the standard for larger suppliers, but if a small produce farm wanted to sell hyper-markup cruelty-free eggs to Whole Foods or hippies/yuppies at farmer's markets they could probably make ends meet on production, at least as a side gig. Not like you have to buy your chickens/coops/feed straight from Tyson.

watch bee movie

Not entirely. It means that the warehouse has to provide access to the outdoors. Factory farmers add one doggie door to a 100,000 square foot warehouse and that fits the bill. They probably have an illegal alien standing outside the door with a club to beat any that try for sunlight back inside.

But it sounds really nice, they can charge more, and they only have to pay the illegal alien $5.00/hour.

So? You don't need to own a computer or an mlp collection, but you still do.

There is transfer from the yolk to the fetus, via something vaguely resembling a placenta.
Seeds have a reserve of nutriments too.
Eggs are fucking eggs, trying to make analogy with other things has its limits.

No, but vegetarians can.

We should eat vegans.
After all, they serve no other purpose in society.
They should taste better, too.

>implying chickens don't get calcium from other food sources.

If what you said were true across the board, chickens wouldn't exist. Chickens who eat their I own eggs are either so severely deficient or, more likely, are using aberrant behavior.

Oh, and I forgot to say that most chickens will peck at the EMPTY shell once a chick has hatched for mineral content, but they don't normally eat their own immature eggs.

They sometime eat pebbles, but idk if it's for calcium or to "chew" in their stomach or both. They eat their unfertilised eggs on a regular basis, since they serve no more purpose than a hatched one.

no, vegans can't even eat vegetables if they used saliva to chew it.

Kek

I should add that it disturbs humans when hens eat unfertilised eggs shells since it looks like they eat their own progeny.