/beer/

What are you drinking? What have you had lately? What are you looking forward to?

Just had this Board Meeting Brown Ale bomber; another killer outing from Port Brewing - probably my favorite brewery at the moment.

Cheap malt beer. I like malt beer...

Just finished a pack of this stuff from the local brewery. I never liked IPAs, but my brother-in-law is a hipster beer snob so I thought I should make an effort to connect. At first it worked out pretty well because I didn't like the taste so I wouldn't have too much to drink in the evening, but somehow I developed a taste for this stuff and now I can down a six-pack in an evening without even thinking about it. Pretty bad for me overall but it's pretty goddamn tasty.

We all need to drink too much every once in a while. If you need to feel better about it, just go to a no fap thread on Veeky Forums and it will help you realize that maintaining your sanity is a vital part of our existence.

Can someone recommend some midwestern IPAs? The create-your-own six pack has slim pickings at my local store.

Furious, two hearted, indeed's let it ride, traitor, bauhaus sky-five, founders centennial

I brought the Delirium Nocturnum last month and loved it, it's expensive, but it's one of (if not) the best beers i've ever had.
So today i brought the Delirium Tremens and goddamn i'm loving it. It's not as stylish and remarkable as the Nocturnum but overall it's a pretty good, solid beer that tastes great. I prefer the Nocturnum since the Tremens is like very good and does nothing wrong, but it doesn't stand out anywhere.

Good, but not great. Bought it for the label.

Completely agree. Haven't tried the nocturnum though.

Nocturnum is good, but tasted a bit too much of licorice to me. I can recommend some other good Belgian dark ales; Rochefort 8, Cuvee Clarisse, Hoegaarden Verboden Vrucht, McChouffe, and Chimay Blue.

>Hoegaarden Verboden Vrucht,
I can't find most of these here though, on the Hoegaarden i can only get the witbier at my corner market so...
Since i'm Brazilian i try a lot of local breweries and there are some good stuff (Though i don't like some ingredients/taste in some, like Rapadura they put on Colorado's) that also ends up being quite cheap.

Ah, check, Dutchfag here, so I'm basically in the Belgian beer heaven (that is, the one outside of Belgium itself). Is homebrewing an option for you?

I'm drinking this one right now, 10% ABV Imperial Porter with ginger, Celtic sea salt and cocoa. Made by Jopen as a sort of 'proof of mastery' for one of its' brewers, different beer each year. I can't really say if it's good or not yet, and I don't necessarily dislike it; for now I can only say that I don't really understand it. Might get better once it warms up a bit.

Bought some Lagunitas IPA on Friday it was fucking tasty. Mind you this is in the UK, so American IPAs are expensive, but man, it was fucking good.

You yanks make good beers, I'll give you that.

Btw, if any britfags are in Nottinghamshire, get some Full Mash Apparition - it's well tasty.

Nah and i don't mind, there's too much beers i wanna taste and get into before even considering homebrewing, i'm a poorfag that likes expensive beer (And that kind of maintains me in the poorfag status).

Any recommendations on decent cheap stouts? Recently started making my own mustards, and would like to try stout based mustard, but it's a pretty good drive to any store that sells "fancy" beer around here so I would like to know what I'm looking for before I go driving for an hour.

Export Guinness (8% ABV) is good, regular Guinness will do too.

i like this

Not drink
What I want to drink and what I'm looking forward too?
Well for started im buying a case of coors golden banquet.
Then I found this German beer (not sure the name) its 12% but pretty exspensive a bottle.
Then buying a pint of sailor Jerry's in celebration for my mail order weed.
It's also my last week drinking an smoking weed so thats why there's a bit of a celebration.

Nice

I believe that's literally the sweetest beer I've ever had and I've had a few, Belgian and otherwise. I'm normally a sucker for childishly sweet flavors but that one was almost overkill for me. Still boss in it's own right and I'd like one right now.

Had a 10oz snifter of pic related on tap a couple nights ago. One sip lasted about 2 minutes.

If you can find it, snatch it up.

>getting weed by mail
top social outcast

>available in limited quantities
>$15.99 per 22oz bottle

Like a good wine. I got the scotch barrel one as well. Great with a maduro cigar.

That's pretty reasonable for one of the best stouts on the market.

Asahi Superdry because i'm nostalgic. I'd rather have Asahi Black though.

I by weed off of people but i cant get 6$ a gram in canada.
But go ahead project your bullshit to others
I can get 6 grams of dab for 20$ a gram
While the only dude i know who sells dab sells for 60$ a gram and I have to wait.
Sorry i dont like buyin weed from dealers i can get discounts and insane bargains from online then in real life.
But enjoy being short sacked over a 20$

I was messing with you but ok.
This post reminded me of the Ken Ederdy chapter from Infinite Jest.

Starting the night with one of my go-to's.

Had a pint of Guinness with the lads. How can one beer be so good?

I found this really good at first, but way too bitter on the finish.

I didn't like it much. It seemed busy with a lot of different flavors with a lot of fruit and licorice that didn't blend together well. I didn't think it lived up to the hype but this year I got the brandy barrel aged version so I'll see how that compares.

Having pic related now.

Pretty mediocre compared to their single IPA.

Tried one of these guys tonight. It was honestly really good!

Followed up with a Backwoods Bastard and Founders Imperial Stout.

Was a good spread for the Super Bowl.

Are you going to age it?

currently drinking Bulleit Rye, but I have some Dirty Bastard in the fridge I might crack open later
I am also a fan of Port Brewing, love the Old Viscosity

Sorry about the file size, but it's on my phone and I have no idea how to scale it down.
Anyway, finally got around to cracking this guy open and it's great. The rye adds a spice that balances out that natural sweetness most barley wines have. The color is beautiful, same with the head. Lots of caramel and toffee finished off with a bit of spice, probably the best barley wine I've had for the price (6.99). Even if I bought it at the standard 10$ I'd be happy with it. Would definitely buy again.

I just had a New Belgium Fat Tire. Definitely my favorite widely available general purpose beer.

Lonestar. At 3:15 in the afternoon on a monday. How did I get here?

My girlfriend and I unironically love Old English

It's pretty alright. A place near me sells 16 oz 12 packs of the stuff.

Bandwidth isn't free, user. Please optimize your images.

THIS IS NOT MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE

also ezra brooks

> how did I get here?

You mean: living the dream?

Don't tell me what to do. Unless you can tell me how to do it on an android phone

The Abyss ages well. Grab an extra bottle or two for the cellar. I opened up a 2013 a few weeks ago for a special occasion and it was really intense.

Pic related is Fremont's new spring seasonal. It is very floral and citrusy and surprisingly light considering it is 7%.

Probably not. The bottle of normal Abyss had a "best after" date of 1 year after bottling stamped on it but the brandy Abyss does not mention anything like that.

I only have the one bottle so I don't think there's much use cellaring it if I won't notice the changes. It's just a matter of finding an occasion to open the bottle now.

A rye barleywine does sound really good.

I agree. People bitch about it, but never tell you what to do with a pic on a phone.

poured half a small jar of yeast into apple cider
its pretty good, despite not being fizzed

I like beer. I like the dark beer season the most.

Anything above 13.9 is illegal in my state. I've never had anything like that. I bet it's tasty.

I did snatch this big fat 14% Pirate Bomb the other day but don't tell anyone. I'm on probation.

Drank a 4 pack of those on the beach in Galveston once. Beer and ocean go so well together.

taking the plunge into DIPAs tonight; overall very good. super piney and heavy though

good taste user
sipping a red kolsch with coriander and dry-hopped lightly with sorachi ace hops
about to make my yearly mecca to Virginia to visit the most amazing alcohol store ever