Just moved to Israel, please tell me how I am supposed to deal with kosher food. Can't eat pork, can't eat shellfish...

Just moved to Israel, please tell me how I am supposed to deal with kosher food. Can't eat pork, can't eat shellfish, can't mix dairy and meat (so no cheeseburgers, pepperoni pizza, anything of that sort). Supermarket steak costs $25 for 100 grams and I have know idea which fucking cut it is because the only cut available here is "entrecote" (Israelis are clueless that this is literally just meaningless French culinary babble, especially when coming from McDonalds where you can buy a $12 200 gram hamburger from "entrecote" meat). "Salad" means tomato + cucumber diced and tossed in olive oil and lemon juice, nothing more complicated than that. Cheese only comes in two varieties, "yellow" and "white". National food consists of chicken schnitzel with pasta tossed in ketchup.

Kill me. Just fucking kill me. Trump, build a fucking ocean wall.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Processed_cheese#United_States_2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wherever you moved from, I strongly suggest you move back. Even if you moved from Greece...

OY VEY

Hope you like fish and olives, because that's what they fucking have in spades over there.

just eat eat hummus and lamb. plenty of great food in israel and i ain't even a kike

Israelis put mayonnaise in their hummus

You have to go to the occupied territories to find real hummus

I have always thought that religious dietary restrictions were fucking retarded. I was seeing a Muslim girl for a while, and she wouldn't eat pork products. After a while, she stated that she had a problem with ME eating pork products - and I come from a family of Italians, who have eaten soppressata and salami and capicola and prosciutto for as long as we can remember. That relationship didn't last long.

A friend of mine is currently dating a Jewish guy who won't eat pork products either. Or drink any alcohol. He's great at parties, let me tell you.

Just fucking stupid bullshit that needed to die thousands of years ago.

>Israelis put mayonnaise in their hummus
tell me this isn't true

Oh, and don't even get me started on Catholics and their stupid fucking rule about no meat on Fridays. I suppose it's healthier in the long run but it's still retarded.

Check out if there's anyone in Gaza that can hook you up with some Muslim specialties.

You know the funny thing is I've been to a supposedly "fundamentalist islamist" country where slave rape is legal and all that jazz.

There are Jews there. You can buy pork in most supermarkets. You can obtain alcohol legally as long as you're not a Muslim. Interfaith marriages are permitted. Life goes on.

And yet, Israelis are supposed to be the enlightened ones with their "burger restaurants" that refuse to make so much as a proper cheeseburger, and the anti-miscegenation laws, and the mayonnaise where it does not belong. What even is the point of a burger without cheese? Like, hello? Just go full vegan at that point.

>Jewish
>won't drink alcohol

Your friend's friend's straithtedge goonery has nothing to do with being Jewish.

Oh. I must have been mixing him up with my Muslim ex. I know SHE wouldn't drink alcohol either.

Also, in college I had a Mormon roommate who wouldn't drink anything with caffeine in it. Ridiculous.

Fun fact: 'go 'za is derived from the Arabic word "غزة" which is a traditional tomato soup served in a cast iron pan

What country was this? I know it sure as fuck wasn't Saudi Arabia, which sounds like hell on earth unless you stick to one of the Western compounds

>Mormon

Why have any expectations to begin with

Why don't you make your fat soaked lard burgers at home, so you can put you cheese on it?

I'm sure both yellow and white cheese is better than american cheese

Not KSA, but not far from there

I didn't have any problems with him, really. He was actually the nicest and most considerate roommate I'd ever had. One time I was an accidental asshole to him by loudly denouncing all religion during one of those late-night dorm room debates. He left the room without a word.

I still thought it was fucking ridiculous that his faith would deny him caffeine, though. Especially as a college student, who neeeeeeds that shit.

I still don't know what "American cheese" is supposed to be. Is Kraft cheese American cheese?

Sweden hasn't been an Islamic state long enough to be rid of all their pork, Jews and infidels yet.

Seek out this stuff. It's the best "American cheese" out there, and yes, it has its place: in grilled cheese, mac and cheese, cheeseburgers, etc.

It is an bland tasteless kind of cheese.

There is sooo many better cheeses to melt.

This is from pasteurized cow milk, right? You don't have any goat milk, or "raw milk" cheeses ?

"Pasteurize process cheese food" =\= "cheese from pasteurized milk"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Processed_cheese#United_States_2

Of course they do, but american cheese is a certain kind of cheese, like swiss cheese.

>meaningless French culinary babble,
Americans do this too.

>two wrongs make a right!

Where do you think Israel learned its gutter food "culture"? Trump needs to build a wall to keep Americans out, too.

Are you seriously comparing pork to alcohol?

Alcohol is well known to be degenerate as fuck that has a negative impact on the brain (and society as a whole)

Pork is literally just food

>Like, hello?

What is going on in this picture?

I don't like Muslims at all but there is no excuse of being mean to a harmless person, an old lady at that, you encounter on the street.

They're making fun of her for trying to start a food thread in /pol/.

She used to live in that house before it got taken over by settlers.

Despite the futility of any sort of protest, not to mention the risk to her life, she's banging a stick on a pan to protest as she does every Jerusalem Day (the day Israelis celebrate their victory over Palestine).

The local kids think it's funny and are mocking her.

hummus i have had in israel didn't have mayo in it. and in this pic a muslm lady is confronting jews

IT's not.

go to Abu Ghosh

that isn't a thing.

you mong that is shakshouka

Why in the fuck would you want to go to the shithole of israel

>dating a muslim girl

nonna is ashamed of you

It's colby cheese. Colby jack is colby and jack curds mixed into one loaf. 'American style' cheese slices are trying to taste like colby cheese, as far as i'm aware. It's basically a young cheddar

Egypt was like that when I went

If you actually disliked muslims you would behave the same way

>Especially as a college student, who neeeeeeds that shit.
You're a faggot for needing a substance to get out of bed, perform well, or feel good. Get your addiction under control, it takes only 17 days to get completely off caffeine.
Not trying to defend Mormons here. They may collectively be some of the nicest people in the world, but their religion is really fucked.

Sounds like it's Iran based on having Jews

Legally speaking the only real requirement is that it's a mixture of 2 or more cheeses and usually it is processed into the common form you see in pictures. There are, however good American cheeses out there.

this is really strange because if you take out the dairy and meat part this sounds alarmingly like egypt. i had to live there for a month and my colleagues literally ordered this fucking fried chicken schnitzel with pasta and the so called salled every single workday

>It's an "levantine and arab food co-opted by Israelis" thread

It is during lent season. You aren't supposed to have meat at all originally but they just changed to to one day a week.

Even fairly observant Catholics don't generally follow those rules. The ones who do are usually into weird shit like Opus Dei

All the ones I know who do it are black or Filipino

I'm Filipino and I have only ever met one Filipina who follows that shit and she's a batshit crazy elderly woman who never got married and most likely has never had sex in 80+ years

Veeky Forums is about as representative of normal people as bugchasers are representative of gays

Hummus is the same in Israel as it is abroad, Sabra is an Israeli company. Lamb is expensive as shit to the point that the only "lamb" you can find is a burger/kebab that's maybe 30%, rest is beef.That hasn't been around since Vatican II. Not during Lent either.

>Shakshouka
>Eggs poached in tomato sauce
>"soup"
Just kill yourself mang

I must admit it's pretty good though.

>Just moved to Israel
I would recommend leaving
If you're not a Jew doing your crazy-person pilgrimage there's not a very strong reason to be there

Nope. Read the catechism. It's only required on Good Friday now. Nowadays you're only required to "give something up" for Lent, with no further definition.

It's just old civic shit that the smart people threw into holy text to get people to stop dying from parasites in pork and fish and to stop getting absolutely shitfaced every day and harvest wheat.
You can't really drop that part though because then you can just start dropping anything you don't like and then you're just doing whatever you want and not following a religion

Proper islamic states are actually very....tolerant isn't the right word, but allowing of other practices, religions, and cultures.
It's just there hasn't been one influential enough to stop all the nomads from blowing each other up since WW1

>American flavored

Does it taste like liberty and freedom?

Alcohol is quite directly responsible for western civilization you dingdong.

>you are faggot for doing something you enjoy. all you need to exist is tasteless protein paste and vitamins.

srsly guy?