Opinions on Anthony Bourdain?

Opinions on Anthony Bourdain?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kXqY8EZ21-g
vox.com/2016/4/21/11451378/smug-american-liberalism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone else notice this guy has a problem with alcoholism on set?

I was at a bar one time in new York and he shows up and get a really drunk and threw up in the bathroom sink. I went in there to watch him puke and he took his belt off and dropped his jeans and started piss in while stroking off while puking in little spurts. Then some Italian sounding lady came and cleaned him up and they left

God amongst men.

He's got a good show though even if he's a nasty fucker

drunk who for (((some reason))) became a celebrity despite not being terribly talented

He admits he's not a great cook. He's more famous for his writing which lead into his show. Hence his narration

I once watched an episode of no resservations (I think) where he was in Japan and he was visibly getting mad while asking for sake and his hosts were trying to get him to try their special tea and he just got madder and madder until he got sake.

I wish I could find it again, was hilarious.

... Have you read his book at all?
Alcohol was the least of his problems.

I always thought of him as Jeremy Clarkson of cooking/gourmet industry.
I liked the episode where he went to some obscure New York restaurant where they gave him some bugs to eat. He was delighted.

The mouthbreathers on Veeky Forums don't like him because he can put together several coherent sentences in a row that are witty and erudite, appreciates the food traditions and cultures of other countries, and worst of all believes people should be treated with respect no matter their ethnicity or socioeconomic status. And the nail on the coffin is, he's from NY.

No Reservations was an informative and enjoyable show. Haven't watched anything else because I don't do TV anymore.

>inb4 fedora tip, pic related

He's an asshole, but so am I. I like him.

faggot
next

Sometimes his ending monologues were verbose and pretentious, but I really enjoyed No Reservations.

Hes ok, hes no guy fieri tho

fag "writer/presenter" in other words he is addicted to suggesting "everybody thinks X but really Y is good/better/ok also"

he can't just be regular and honest, he's always gotta say something left of field that cuts the tension (which actually creates it) and that makes him seem incredibly fake and elitist at the same time.

he's the smug fuck from new york, who thinks its a shame more americans dont become cooks and chefs, but would only hire a bunch of mexicans because he can threaten them with La Migra and pay them minimum wage in one of the most expensive cities on earth.

the place he worked at, charges $9 for french fries made by illegals.

Official Celebrity Chef Power Rankings:

Alton Brown (shut up about he's not a chef)
Mario Batali
Bobby Flay
--------------------
Power GAP
---------------------
Giada's left boob
--------------------
Power GAP
---------------------
Review Bro
Joey
Guy Fieri
--------------------
Quadruple Power GAP
---------------------
Giada's right boob
Anthony "ShitLord" Bourdain

>Alton Brown (shut up about he's not a chef)
He's not a chef, and worse still his recipes are bland.
He makes them bland on purpose both to avoid scaring off Americans still afraid of flavor and to encourage real people to experiment and build on his recipes, but it's still fucking bland dude.

I like AB as much as the next guy but come on now.
At least Bourdain has actually run a kitchen or two.

I have never seen someone be so wrong.

Loved the episode of him in Montreal

Bourdain couldn't hack it on Iron Chef, while Alton Brown fucking hosts Iron Chef.

If you're going to troll, you're going to have to try a bit harder.

Fuck outta here son alton browns a fuckin well achually kinda nerd, batali is a ginger fruitcup, and flay is the david caruso of food tv. Guy fieri shoots donkey sauce on top of their fuckin heads

a) hosting doesn't mean jack shit, his entire education and professional background is hosting television shows. All he did on Iron Chef was say "He's, uhhh, making a roux now. Guess he's planning on a sauce of some kind?"
b) American Iron Chef is garbage, anyway.

>while Alton Brown fucking hosts Iron Chef.

You make it sound like there was a competition to become the host and he fought his way to the top. He was on the food network his other show ended and he got this one. He doesn't cook on the show he'll probably do worse than Bourdain

Anthony Bourdain wouldn't be able to host a sophisticated show like IC because he couldn't identify a roux even if Alton Brown was standing next to one, pointing at it, and saying "Hey ShitLord, this is a fucking roux."

Get out of here with that nonsense.

There can be only one AB - and it is Alton Brown.

No one has ever said "AB" and meant ShitLord.

Anthony Bourdain was a chef, Alton just played one on TV

>ic is sophisticated
>a french chef doesn't know what a roux is

Bourdain graduated from the best culinary school in the US. I'm pretty sure he can tell you what the fuck a roux is.

Alton never even pretended to be a chef.
He even made it a point to bring the camera backstage sometimes and get the actual chef behind the show on screen.

>IC America
>sophisticated

youtube.com/watch?v=kXqY8EZ21-g

What the hell has the point of your video?

This is bait right. You can't actually be this fuckin ignorant.

(you)
(you)
(you)
(you)

Being so buttheart you get this samefaggy

>no Ramsay at the top
Shit list, discarded

Go take your AIDS medicine, Alton.

He makes decent television but sometimes the whole 'dude i'm like a jaded rock star did you see this beer i'm drinking it's not even noon yet!' shtick gets a bit old.

BYEEEEEEEERRRR

I made mine the great words he told before a trip to his crew who were afraid of diarrhea:
"With this little secret I'm about to tell you, you're gonna have concrete-hard shits every single day."

edgy most times, but still a solid writer and traveler. unfortunately, his cookbook is terrible. get it for the writing rather than the recipes.

worst part about it are the pictures of the food. most of them look disgusting. some are really good, but thats like maybe 2 or 3

Karl Picklington did it better OP

i always hated people like him for the same reason i hate americas test kitchen. they try to throw one single recipe and present it as the best, as if any other variations are inferior. i dont mind inconsistent recipes, it makes it exciting. its probably why i never liked to bake, but i also dont care for sweets anyway

>That episode in Russia where he is talking about how he would gladly join a communist revoloution

Sauce, and don't direct to Breitbart or alvin jones, please.

He's entertaining enough when on air or writing. On the whole, though, he's an obnoxious asshole and probably not someone I'd get along with very well.

I loved his little internet spat with Alton Brown and Guy Fieri a while back.

He's a failed intellectual, a failed chef, and a poorly-spoken "personality" who gets attention for his gritty opinions, despite the fact that he ended up on CNN. A hack on all counts and most definitely not our guy

hes a cuck who payed for his wife to get 'physically fit' with gym bros than she left him.

I like him but his Shanghai episode was disappointing because he failed to mention anything negative about China (he goes into the ills of pretty much every other country he does form what I've seen)

What are some good episodes?

One of my favorite was when he hooked up with restaurant/bar owner who fancied himself an american cowboy in China and dragged a horribly hungover Bourdain out ice fishing in the early morning. When Bourdain was goaded into taking that first shot in the frigid early morning on a frozen river, you can see where he came close to losing it all over the ice. Funny as hell, desu.

>worst of all believes people should be treated with respect no matter their ethnicity or socioeconomic status.

He's a liberal fuck, but he called out other liberals for acting like elitist snobs and said that they were the reason Trump won. Even a /pol/tard could grudgingly respect that.

Nearly every other piece on China tries to be negative. The negativity isn't always wrong, but sometimes it's nice to have a change of pace and be positive for once.

i like his shows, really wish he would keep his politics to himself though

Love Parts Unknown. When I'm going through post travel blues I live vicariously through Bourdain. Also think he's really hot.

filthy kike

Trump won because the right wing smeared Hillary super hard, and there wasn't much enthusiasm behind Hillary.

nah, hillary smeared herself over the last 30 years multiple times. all trump did was remind people of the many instances of hillary royally fucking up, taking money from foreign powers, and in general breaking federal law

Name one thing where there isn't a comparable or worse thing Trump has done

I personally like him. He's found a great niche in the industry, be someone who doesn't always say how amazing everything is. Sure a lot of it is scripted, it's fucking television, but I'm so tired of all the other food tv hosts who travel and only praise everything. Do you guys seriously believe Fierri likes all that shitty food he eats? At least Bourdain sometimes says this or that doesn't appeal to him.

His job is also my dream job as travel is my #1 passion in life with food being #2. If only I could somehow get a similar gig, I'd be the happiest person in the world.

>underrated post

/thread

Voted for the Iraq war

50/50 split between entertaining and insufferable
Sometimes he goes into extremely long winded and just boring narration (Like the Tokyo episode on Parts Unknown) and I have to skip forward to the food and beer

stop now, its a food board this shit is always ruining threads

Where's Ja/ck/?

>worst part about it are the pictures of the food. most of them look disgusting
sometimes good shit looks like actual shit

The layover was amazing. Everything else was like over produced or something. Didnt have as good of as feel i think. I like the guy

>He even made it a point to bring the camera backstage sometimes and get the actual chef behind the show on screen.
that was one episode, and it was part of the skit

Alton "ah, of course, ah, faggot" Brown

He does so many fucking "ahs" on purpose to seem less scripted in speech but he has c;early practised the sentence a million times in his head before he says it, he is a theatre fag first and foremost, not chef.

Read this: vox.com/2016/4/21/11451378/smug-american-liberalism

It's also written by a liberal

>be chef

>neckbeard only sees tourism tv show

>suddenly cannot into mish a lin chef

> than she left him.
>than

What the fuck is wrong with kids these days?

The Tokyo episode is one of the best ones. If we're talking Japan though I think the best work he did there was in Hokkaido in No Reservations.

He used to be OK to watch, now he's a fucking pussy bitch.

What were his main problems?

Heroin. Cocaine. Hookers.

i watched all his asian episodes and took interesting recipes from it. he seems like an asshole always negative. also that wannabe gangster shit is childish. he also always eats roasted pork or pork in some way. he should have more variance. the show is ok but he is a gigantic cunt

had nothing to do with being a fucking corrupt bitch and colluding against other libs with DNC chairpersons i guess. had nothing to do with the fact that liberals divide any group they infiltrate.
had nothing to do with the fact that obamy was a piece of shit TPP supporting globalist cunt and people hated the idea of another establishment dem.

nah. we're just a bunch of racists bigot homophobic misogynists for suggesting that she is bought and paid for by other countries.

This is going to make some fine pasta.

>smug
>incorrect
>dumb
>gay

It's fucking perfect. I honestly feel it's deliberate.

he's actually from jersey

I like his shows.
His politics are shit though.
Bring this over to /pol/ and I will eviscerate the guy.

It was real, and the vast majority of posts in this thread confirmed the assertions to be true.

I like his attitude, his style, etc.

But he should keep his half baked poorly informed socio-political opinions to himself and stop learning what's what from dipshit actresses, art house fags and 3rd world cooks.