Has Veeky Forums ever eaten brains before?

Has Veeky Forums ever eaten brains before?

Of you have eaten tendies then you have eaten brains and poop and everything.

I've eaten lamb brains a couple of times.

Did you like it? Was it garlicy buttery goodness? I imagine the texture is similar to squid or octopuss

it's illegal to sell chick grindings to people, it's also illegal to actively sell people organ meat without labeling it.

mechanically separated chicken is made from the meat and BONE scraps left after butchering, so you're eating skin, meat, fat, and bone.

I didn't like it but I may have shit taste.

You're right, user. They always tell you the truth about whats in their food & they clearly label it too.

pink slime is not made from organ meat, user..

Yeah that is labled as mechanically separated meat plus all the soy additives and shit they put in it

I've had calf brains. They're sort of bland. Not unpleasant but not worth going out of your way for.

My point was they didnt tell you they put pink slime in the meat..... just like there is potential for them to not twll you theyre is othere stuff in the tendies.

My mom and grandma loved pork brains so I was obligated to try them several times. They're gross.

Lay off the goofballs, Alex jones

Are goat brains nasty texture nasty tastes it's like burting a maggot in your mouth

i've had lamb brains, though it was at a really expensive place.

a general rule i have is that if i'm at a restaurant that has cloth napkins, i'll order any organ meat or just the least appetizing sounding thing on the menu - it's usually fantastic.

Have had boiled pig brain several times. It has the consistency of soft tofu and a mild flavour. The flavour isn't really nice, but not disgusting. It's just ok. I wouldn't really highly recommend it.

>they didnt tell you they put pink slime in the meat
Because the pink slime is meat.

>they didnt tell you they put meat in the meat
no shit

>roadside taco joint in mexican countryside
>my buddy orders for me since I'm a gringo
>gets a variety of tacos.. maybe 12 different kinds
>beef was exquisite
>chicken was pretty good
>many different kinds of pork were all amazing
>barbacoa.. what is this spongy texture. kind of weird.
>guy reaches into cauldron of boiling liquid and pulls out steer head, digs into the brain cavity and takes out a tongs full of brain for the next lucky customer

im not squeamish about eating anything. I even ate pan-fried deer lung just to try it. but yeah, ill pass on the brains. The texture was just unappealing.

Exactly this for me. When I had pork brains I thought it wasn't great by itself but it had a mild slightly nutty/earthy flavor that could maybe work well in a sauce.

Go ahead and get yourself some brains OP, if the source is trustworthy. The taste and texture aren't particularly weird.

I've eaten lamb brains. Simply boiled or the entire skull with the rest of the lamb in a large oven. The texture is like another guy mentioned pretty much like tofu. The taste is amazing though. You don't really need any spices to enjoy it just salt. That said I have'tried it with garlic and butter which sounds awesome. Another thing Ive tried are lamb tongue but the brain is better imo. I've also tried chicken brains when I made whole chicken soup. You don't really put the head for the brains, more like general flavor. Also tastes pretty nice but effort required to crack the scull for 5g of brains is not worth it.

brains can taste pretty good depending on how you prepare them, but the texture is a little difficult to get around.

Same, delicious.

I've eaten a whole steamed octopus.

So I guess if octopuses have brains, I have eaten brain.

you stupid idiot!

go away

Octopuses have 9 brains faggot fuck you

I ate sheep's brains when I was a kid. (I'm English). My grandmother boiled them, added herbs and spread them on toast. Quite tasty. And very cheap. I can still buy them at my local butchers shop.
Offal is a big part of the British diet; we eat blood sausage (black pudding), haggis (sheep lungs, oats spices) pig's trotters, liver, kidneys etc.
Steak and kindney pie is utterly delicious. I like black pudding with boiled eggs and hot buttered toast. It's a good breakfast.

I'd prefer to not get CJD.

prion diseases are nasty, stop eating brains.

prions aren't transmissible to different species tho
just don't eat human brain and you'll be allright
or, well, you'll not risk getting prion disease from that at the very least

>what is mad cow disease

>Bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE), commonly known as mad cow disease, is a fatal neurodegenerative disease (encephalopathy) in cattle that causes a spongy degeneration of the brain and spinal cord.
>in cattle
in humans it's called Creutzfeldt-Jakob's disease, and while it's basically the same disease there hasn't been one single experimental proof of transmission between species
I have searched out of curiosity some time ago and I couldn't find anything more than "this variant of the CJD has been ascribed to people eating mad cow infected cattle meat", but there's no real evidence anywhere

I've seen this guy IRL. He wears a hat though presumably to not gross anyone out. I've heard he was a nice guy, I wonder how he gets around, I doubt he has a job.

I read he's in jail for attempted murder.
So i dont think he has much to worry about getting around anymore.
It must be nice to be so famous though.
When everbody knows your name & you dont have to remember theirs cuase most of your brain is MIA.

Not him but I'd not risk it. I've seen some of those prion disorders and they look like quite possibly the worst way to die. Even worse than burning.

>I read he's in jail for attempted murder
yup, latest mug shot from october

Racoons shit a parasite that eats your brain.... it sounds like a horrible way to go fo sho.

I would srsly not want to be that guys barber.

Why not fashion a piece of plastic to replace that part of his skull or a piece of metal?

He obvioulsy doesnt have any healthcare. BTFO, user!!

Why dont you give him a penile implant too while youre at it , user!

>haggis
My nigger! There's almost no wrong way to eat haggis; it's delicious stirred into other dishes, as a topping or filling, or just by itself with mashed tubers and Scotch.

Just f my s up

Had them on holiday and they were fatty nothing. Not bad but definitely not great

While brains are hard to find here I've always enjoyed tripe, trotters, cow heel, kidney, liver and ox cheek

Haggis is one of the reasons why I think Scotland is alright

Haggis, neeps and tatties is goat comfort food