I have eaten fish tacos nearly every day for a month and I am still not sick of them

I have eaten fish tacos nearly every day for a month and I am still not sick of them.
Is there something wrong with me?
The Internet says this fish is not great eating.
The Internet is incorrect.

What kind of fish, user?

Where do you live? When do you cast, and what do you use as bait?

It sounds comfy as fuck so far.

As long as you aren't eating the big boys like Tuna you aren't likely to become sick long term but you still can if you consume too many

Looks like a trevally

Thanks.

Any ideas about how to cook them?

I know that you're supposed to heavily spice or fry trash fish/bottom feeders, but personal faves are always good to hear about.

I normally just cook them whole.
Wrap them in a foil pouch with lemon, butter, garlic and stuff some fresh herbs into the stomach cavity.
Bake in the oven at around 180° Celcius.

An average size fish would take around 20 to 30 minutes.

Ah, so the normal flavor of a trevally is good, then, despite internet whining?

I'm from Texas. Over here, our local trash fish is the Asian carp. It's fucking inedible unless you drown it in some spicy sauce. I use it as a free protein to bulk up curry usually.

OP here , posting from baja mexico.
It's a jack and if you bleed them right, they are very good.
I think I will start going after trigger fish for a while to mix things up a bit.

>trigger fish
Do they remind you of when you walked in on a flounder fucking your mom or something?

That was not consensual user.
My mom had been drinking and could not make an informed decision.
That goddamn fish raped her.

Florida reportan

Only mexicans and flips eat them here, don't even bleed the shits. They're too red for everyone else, would rather eat any of the hundreds of other fish we have here

THEY PUT SALMON IN THE FISH TACOS, HANK

White people are so funny about fish.
Up north no one will eat pike. It's fucking delicious., just a little extra work getting the y bones out.

I don't eat fish period. Or any seafood, crabs, shrimp, lobster, etc. It's all fucking disgusting.

you have to be an adult to post on Veeky Forums

I agree with him and have spent 11 years here.
How old could I possibly be?

Fish is not good. Watered down half-raw chicken really.

"BUT YOU AIN'T HAD FISH CUKED THE WAY I MADE IT SUN"
Seriously fuck off. Some of us don't enjoy the shit.

It's because fish is amazing and you're wrong

It's got more versatility than beef and has hundreds of different types to try since so many fish taste so different from each other before you even get to adding spices and cooking methods

I'm Asian, I've got no problem with 95% of the fish around here, but jack are just a shitfish I don't bother to deal with. Fun as fuck when you get a 20 pounder on the line tho

It's not just fish, it's just that fish, more so than most animals, tend to come from "the store" (where they think meat comes from) in a way that provides unwelcome reminders of the fact that it was once alive. They've got no problem with fish sticks, fish tendies, fillet-o-fish, etc. But as soon as you serve something with a head or eyes or even an easily removed backbone, they start shrieking and making loud gagging noises.

But make no mistake they'll do the same for other animals too. White people even had to invent something called a "boneless wing" so they could jump on the wings bandwagon without getting traumatized by a bone.

>How old could I possibly be?

I have no idea. But I do know you're spouting the sort of thing one expects from a picky child. eeeewwww fish is gross mommie...

It's the texture broseph.
Wet. Fucking. Meat.

I will take a medium sirloin tip steak instead, the poorest of cuts

This is why I wish every american after childhood was forced to have no food for 7 days. There wouldn't be a single american with the pickiness about food of a spoiled 3 year old.

Soak your next steak in water for two days and tell me you enjoy it, faggot.
The meat is literal water.
It's repulsive to normal human beings that aren't so stuck on being "outdoorsman" that they eat disgusting cuts of catfish and deer that taste half rancid while fresh.

Gb2bassproshops, they have fishy pajamas on sale today my friend.

To be fair, fish bones are significantly worse than bones in other animals. Also, the fish meat is usually underwhelming compared to chicken or any other meat. I love making chicken thighs or wings and eating it on the bone, but I hate picking around those pin bones in fish.

>To be fair, fish bones are significantly worse than bones in other animals.
It really depends on the fish and the "other animal". Something as small as a rabbit could have bones the same size as some of the bigger fish. Plenty of fish do not have "pin bones" and if cleaned correctly you can make cuts of many kinds of fish with no bone whatsoever.

If bones are such a bother, just bone the fish or buy boneless.
Easier to bone a fish than a chicken anyway.

the picture for this thread is literally just a fucking fish.
you're here to tell everyone you don't like something?

>wet meat

Confirmed for never having grilled, fried, baked, etc fish

OBSESSED
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

Feels like a bag of sand