Homemade pizza

Lads, i just made the best homemade pizza ever, in a standard home oven. Pic related. AMA.

Other urls found in this thread:

varasanos.com/pizzarecipe.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Where the fuck are the anchovies?

Looks good, nothing else to say.

Cheese looks like shit, and those msurhooms like ass.

It was fresh buffalo mozarrella and I
sauteed the shrooms but added them after I pulled it out.

Didn't have any, but if I had, I would have added them.

ah those shrooms prolly woulda looked better if you baked them with it a little. looks like it would be good tho

Agree. I quickly sauteed them and forgot to add them prebake.

>I
>sauteed the shrooms but added them after I pulled it out.
Why would you do that? That's fucking retarded.

Yeah, I forgot to add them prebake. Probably something to do with the number of beers I had drunk.

You dont like mushrooms....... so of course they all look like ass to you.

Looks ok, post your dough recipe.

Those mushrooms are way under cooked. Your oven temp doesn't seem to be high enough and they're a bit too thick. Try slicing them thinner next time so you don't have to precook them.

Usually it's a good idea to remove moisture from toppings since most people don't cook their pizzas hot enough.

Here's a good recipe for you. 5 cups bread flour, 2 teaspoons salt, a sprinkle of dry yeast (maybe like 1/8th a teaspoon?), and about 18 oz (by weight) of water. Mix it all up and let it sit around 24 hours. Doesn't have to be warm. I usually do it all in a gallon bag and just let it sit . Should make 3 thick crust pizzas or 5 thin crust. Dough should be good another day or so after but stick it in the fridge after the 24 hours and it should be usable for the rest of the week or so. I cook mine in an oiled cast iron skillet with cornmeal on the bottom of the crust at about 500 degrees for about 20 mins (maybe less if doing thinner crust or if you don't like it as browned).

>18 oz (by weight) of water

the fuck does this mean?

considering 1 cubic ml of water = 1g

aren't the volume and weight the same?

fl oz is not the same as weight oz
although water has a constant weight per oz so I don't know why he gave it by weight there

reread my post retard

you just restated the same shit i posted

>aren't the volume and weight the same?
No. Volume is the space it takes up. Weight is mass*gravity.

Cold water weighs more than warm water so if you're going by volume only, if you're in a warm area or using warm water as opposed to cool water, you'll have less water.

>water has a constant weight per oz
If you mean weight ounces yes. 1 ounce by weight will always weigh 1 ounce. If you mean by fluid volume ounce, no.

However, the differences are negligible so it doesn't matter TOO much.

>However, the differences are negligible so it doesn't matter TOO much.

Should of said it doesn't matter too much when dealing with temperatures close to room temp and low amounts of water. Once you get to a gallon or more it matters.

Needed about 2 min more and those mushrooms look raw.
You forgot to put cheese on huge portions of it too
4/10 is the best I can give you

varasanos.com/pizzarecipe.htm
(warning, lots of pics)

don't follow the standard mix and wait 2 hours recipe, this guys blog is all you need to know about perfect pizza dough at hoime.

Worth the afternoon read. It can be summarized as follows:

yeast make carbon dioxide bubbles to rise the dough
imagine a bubblegum bubble, it is strongest at 33% capacity but can get bigger to 100%, if it then deflates back to 33% size it is lifeless and stretched
you want the maximum bubble size to coincide with the highest heat so you need to slow fermentation or time it perfectly to get the best crumb and you never want deflation.
make wet sponge before dough (yeast, flour, water but wait 15 mins before adding rest of flour to make your high hydration wet dough)
salt only after sponging because salt slows yeast down
knead and rest overnight
pizza stone in a hot af oven preheated for an hour (or a deep dish thick steel pan in there instead)
push from the centre out to shape
work fast once sauce is on you have seconds until it soaks the bread and kills the rising effect (some times best to par-bake your pizza base for a few mins)
try and cook pizza in as little time as possible (most ovens only go to 500 degrees F or 250 degrees C and that means it takes 7-10 mins)

>sauteed the shrooms but added them after I pulled it out.
You fucked up that bad and still have the gall to call it the best homemade pizza ever? Fuck off with your nigger pizza. It gets a 2/10 and don't post again for a year until you learned your lesson. Fucking asshole.

we aren't even talking about distance from sea level yet or whether it's high tide.

Kek. You mad much?

I live at sea level.