Made this pasta bake with 1kg chicken breast, 750 grams of pasta, baby broccoli, 2 capsicum, 2 onions, 1 zucchini...

>made this pasta bake with 1kg chicken breast, 750 grams of pasta, baby broccoli, 2 capsicum, 2 onions, 1 zucchini, 1 carrot and a lot of cheese
>took me 3 days to eat the whole thing by myself
>cost me 60 AUD to make

3 days isn't a long time and $60 is alot of money. I need to make meals which will last me longer and are cheaper. For some reason I just don't feel full unless I gorge on food.

Any ideas Veeky Forums?

>capsicum
they're called bell peppers you cunt

Americans call anything slightly spicy "pepper".

In what world do those ingredients cost 60 bucks?

>1kg chicken - $9
>1kg pasta spirals - $1.30
>1kg onions - $3
>1 zucchini - $1
>2 capsicum - $3.4
>bag of carrots - $3
>1kg cheese - $6

Even if you went with more expensive cheese, that's a lot less than 60 fucking bucks. Plus you have a bag of carrots and onions left over.

Use less cheese, less chicken, more vegetables.
Vegetables are much more filling than meat or cheese is. Also usually less expensive unless you live in fucking Detroit or something.

These are Australian prices, op is just baiting. There's no way it would cost $60 unless he used 1kg of cheese that is $45 per kg

Who the fuck pays $3 for a bag of carrots? 79c on a good day, 99c on a shit one

how the fuck does 1kg of chicken breast (the most expensive item in that list of ingredients) cost $60 AUD?

I looked at the coles website and accidentally wrote the price for juicing carrots. The normal ones are still $1.9, where you getting them for 79c?

Anywhere that isn't Coles or woolies, such as Asian grocery shops which are fucking everywhere

Even those chongo fruit and veg shops opposite Coles in the shopping centre won't charge more than 99c for a bag of carrots

Don't got any of that shit near my coles mate. I'll pay the extra dollar.

>captcha: select street signs
>just a field of grass

did he died

You obviously don't live in a capital city then? Anyway, Woolies sell a range of fruit and veg called "the odd bunch" which are just retarded looking f&v. You can get a 1kg bag of retarded looking carrots there for $1.20

Coles don't sell retarded looking veg afaik

Carrots are cheap like your mum

Nah central coast and pretty far away from an actual shopping centre, just the trusty local coles.

pretty sure even deepest darkest africa doesn't have prices quite this bad. fortunately for me, the thought of paying these prices would never cross my mind, as i live in an area with great food at reasonable prices:

local shoprite circular:
>chicken breast $1.99/lb ($4.40 kg)
>1 lb boxed pasta $1.29 ($2.10 roughly)
>broccoli crown $1.49/lb
>red bell pepper $1.99/lb
>squash/zucchini $1.49/lb
>carrot $0.99/lb
>decent melting cheese like mozzarella $4.99/lb

seriously child, that's like $16, maybe 20 in eagle freedom dollars.

You are paying more than i do in Australia for the pasta, brocolli, zucchini and carrots

Here 500g pasta (~1lb) is 79 to 99c
Brocolli when in season is 99c each
Zucchini 2 for $1
Carrots 79c per kg

And that is dollarydoos, of which 1 = 0.76 freedom units

A good quick snack suggestion is hommus. Just blend up chick peas and tahini with the juice of a lemon. Over here in Western Australia you can get the ingredients to make enough for 2 snacks for $35 and it's really filling.

Kek

OP here, here's the prices:

>Cheese 500 grams $9
>EVOO 375ml $7
>Bag of carrots $1.90
>Salt $5.99
>Pepper $4
>Onions $0.92
>Pasta sauce 350 grams $2.50
>Other pasta sauce 500 grams $2.50
>Garlic 150 grams $2.50
>Chicken breast 735 grams $13.23
>Zucchini 500 grams $6
>Pasta 750 grams $2.80
>Sliced mushrooms 375 grams $5.50
>baby broccoli $2
>green capsicum $1.39
>red capsicum $1.69

Total: $68.92 Australian.

>You can buy cheaper cheese
>Oil lasts more than 1 meal
>Salt lasts more than 1 meal
>Pepper lasts more than 1 meal
>two pasta sauces, why?
>get the home brand garlic for more garlic and less money
>Chicken breast costs 9 bucks a kg. Wtf are you buying?
>You have zucchini left over

The actual meal itself costs a shit load less than your total amount.

>You can buy cheaper cheese
Yeah like American kraft singles or something.
>Oil lasts more than 1 meal
>Salt lasts more than 1 meal
>Pepper lasts more than 1 meal
True. I included them because they were integral to the meal.
>two pasta sauces, why?
The larger one is the main base sauce while the smaller one is a stir through for extra flavour, thickening and to get enough sauce to cover the surface area of the pasta.
>get the home brand garlic for more garlic and less money
I did, this was at Coles.
>Chicken breast costs 9 bucks a kg. Wtf are you buying?
Pic related.
>You have zucchini left over
And I have no idea what to do with them. They are decomposing in my fridge as I type this.

Do you live in fucking Alice Springs or something?

Cheese is $6 per kg at Aldi

Literally what they're called faggot has nothing to do with the country

>kraft singles
lol no. coles 1kg block for 6 bucks
>chicken
buy the coles one with 4 breasts packaged together for 9 a kg, you're paying double lol.

MURRICA

!FUCK YEAH!

I buy bega cheese because I want to support the local economy. Same reason I buy brand name free range meat when possible. If I had the cash I'd get all of my meat from the butchers.

Asian grocers are the fucking tits. Cheapest shit ever and it's not nesesarily worse quality than Coles or woollies if you aren't retarded.

>falling for the "support our community" Bega cheese meme ads

A fool and his money are easily parted

Bega cheese just brought Vegemite back to Australia. We have a moral, ethical responsibility to buy local whenever possible and keep all profits in the hands of our fellow Australians.

I'm actually English

>We have a moral, ethical responsibility to buy local whenever possible and keep all profits in the hands of our fellow Australians
>muh community

Then stop complaining about the price of things you mongaloid, that shit doesn't effect me so I don't give a fuck, I'll buy what is cheap and good and if it happens to be Australian manufactured, that's great.

I bet OP also buys free-range and organic everything

How about you eat less you fat cunt? Thats like over 8000 calories.
If you ate that over three days I sure hope you didnt eat anything else or drink anything other than water.

go away ana-chan

>salt $5.99

yeah fucking right you fucking liar. also you didn't dump the whole box in the pan did you? same with the evoo. you used pennies worth of both.

>Sliced mushrooms 375 grams $5.50
>Zucchini 500 grams $6

you're retarded if you paid that much for $1 worth of mushrooms and zucchini

You are unabashedly retarded, huh. We can't help you.

>capsicum
Fucking barbarian ausfalian faggots why don't you learn proper English and call it chile like every civilized nation on Earth? Eat a kangaroo you cuck.

Tomorrow I'll be dining on 9 pieces of hot and spicy and two large chips for $14.95 with enough chicken left for Wednesday.
OP is a total fucking retard.

It's a bell pepper silly billy.
I guess you call pic related a sliced bread sandwich?

Do Americans really call floppy whoppy doughy on-the-goies "sliced bread sandwiches?"

You know Bega had the supply contract for Coles for years and now it's just moved onto Murray Golburn which is also Aussie, the only thing you are doing is taking more money out of your pocket to cover advertising.

>1kg cheese - $6

TWO POUNDS OF CHEESE

what the fuck is wrong with you, how much do you weigh?

>chongo

what exactly does this mean in Strayan? It has a very specific meaning in American

They have Whole Foods in Kangarooland now?

Best way to spend less on food is to eat less.

Also try and make what you eat look and smell great. Take pictures of it, take pride in it.

No, it's 1kg of cheese. Says so right there. How's your literacy doing?

fine. 2.23lbs of cheese.

putting that in a single casserole dish is fucking monstrous, literally worse than hitler. human beings don't do that

Yeah. Over 3 days? I can't imagine eating 333g of cheese in a sitting, even disregarding the pasta on top

Canadians do things properly

Are you new here or just ignoring the obvious?

Seriously OP how fat are you?
Post weight and height

From the thumbnail that looks like some kind of mad casserole kart.

Yeah stop shopping at moles and cuntworths, they rip you off and fuck over the farmers. Better hit up small businesses or a proper market (Queen Vic or Preston if you're in Melbourne)

Matty is a pretty good chef and I usually enjoy what he makes but this just looks terrible. He used a huge block of mozzarella and the sauce had like a cup of oil. Proper lasagne is already pretty heavy if you use bechamel but 3 pounds of cheese is overkill.

>like a cup of oil
>like
What's like a cup of oil, user?

would the term "approximately" trigger you less than "like?

Not triggered, just curious about your use of Ebonics.

Pan fry your zucchini, and use garlic. If it ends up too bland for you, use yogurt with some herbs on top as a sauce.

That's not ebonics. That's adolescent teenage girl speak.

Why is Veeky Forums filled with such insufferable faggots lately?

200cm tall

140kg

looks like a nice chicago style deep dish pizza to me O.P.

Damsun eat some salad