How do I get into cooking Korean BBQ at home?

How do I get into cooking Korean BBQ at home?

Other urls found in this thread:

epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/korean-bbq-marinade-366435
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gather the ingredients into your home and then prepare it.

I don't understand the question senpai really all you need is a grill and the right marinade and some decent meats

id start with chicken because it's cheap. Try out different marinades, this one looks solid (though I would add red pepper for heat myself): epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/korean-bbq-marinade-366435

Hoisin sauce.

That's not Korean you mong

You need to make a good traditional Korean marinade. All of Korean marinades make use of garlic, some oil, ttonsgul, and soy sauce. I highly recommend you go find ttsonsgul at your local Asian market or Asian food section, it will give all your food that authentic Korean flavor. Don't forget to pick up some kimchi to go along with your food.

>do some research into the cutlets of dogs.

>kill your dog

>grill him up

>profit

There's this cool channel on YouTube that used to be called Cooking with Dog.
Now it's just called Cooking.

Take the hub cap off your car and put it on your stove.
Crank the heat up to MAXIMUM OVERRIDE.
Throw meat on there. You may experience after tones of road kill (YUM!).

>some oil
sesame oil, they use that in everything
i lived over there for a little over a year, and when i came back, sesame oil trigger all my food related memories

>ttonsgul

A literal shitpost, everybody!

all squinteyes are the same

That probably shouldn't have made me laugh as much as it did

First, be Korean. That way you'll be autistic enough to go through all the proper steps of preparing the 9000 fucking banchan dishes.
Then get a metal grate, an old metal drum, and some newspaper. Stuff the newspaper down into the barrel and cook your meat on the grate.

I shit you not that's the very first thing I had when I visited. I sat on a fucking milk crate eating newspaper-smoked pork cutlets.
Was still pretty good.

Grow to resent your dog

What, was this in the 60's or were you stationed at some shithole like Tongduchun?

Marinade everything meat with some combination of kimchi, soy sauce, and the chili powder they use to make that sweet thick chili paste

Season all your rice with some combo of soy sauce, butter, and maybe that chili powder they use to make chili paste

Make kimchi with that chili powder they use to make chili paste

Literally everything red in Korean food (including their cold noodle soup) that isn't a dessert uses that chili powder they use to make their chili paste

It's up to you how sweet you like it (thus demanding more or less sugar in yooir passte)

That chili paste isn't made from powder you fuckwit. It's fermented.

Here's an authentic Korean kalbi (short rib) or bulgogi (thin sliced sirloin or ribeye):

This will do 5lbs of beef.

1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup mirin (rice wine)
1 small onion, peeled and finely grated
1 small Asian pear, peeled and finely grated
4 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Mix all ingredients. Add beef and marinate in refrigerator overnight. Grill over charcoal. Serve with large lettuce leaves or parilla leaves for wrapping the meat along with hot pepper slices, green onion and goljujang paste.

I've never met an american that didn't like this recipe.