What can i do with corn tortillas?

what can i do with corn tortillas?

they're super cheap and taste awesome and i'd appreciate any recipe ideas

heat them up, put meat on them with cilantro and onions, fold them up, eat

Oh that's easy. Quarter them, fry them in a pan coated with veg oil, put them on a paper towel, quickly apply salt while moist, toss them and let them dry out.
You'll be impressed how nice fresh chips are and the corn tortilla stack goes away quite fast this way.

Make wrapped foods: tacos, flautas, taquitos

quesadillas

Cut into wedges and deep-fry for awesome homemade tortilla chips. Do the same but in strips and now you have an excellent garnish for soups or stews

Run 'em through a meat grinder and add that to chili, soups, or stews as a thickener/extender.

Use tortillas instead of bread.
Make tortilla sandwiches, tortilla burgers.

Chilaquiles

>cut tortillas into strips
>grease the bottom of an oven-safe pot
>put a layer of tortilla strips on the bottom of said pot
>layer with a mixture of enchilada sauce, diced onions and cheese (and some browned shredded beef if desired)
>alternate layers of enchilada mixture and tortillas
>sprinkle cheese on the top layer of tortilla strips
>bake at 325 for 15 minutes
>serve with spanish rice and pinto beans
>garnish with fried egg (optional)

This is a personal recipe I invented when i was a kid.

put them one at a time into a medium hot pan. when they get nice and hot, flip them over, put in some shredded cheese and fold them in half like a little pocket. a few more seconds for the cheese to melt and you're good to go!

Make migas!
Cut the tortillas in small 1 inch squares. Fry up the squares til they are almost crunchy and then add eggs. Chopped onion,tomato, and cilantro add a lot to it as well but they aren't nessecary.

I cant fathom how anyone would chose corn over wheat when it comes to tortillas. WHY

corn tastes better

Agreed. I haven't had proper corn tortillas in ages though--no stores near me carry it. I even tried the local ethnic food store, but no luck

Add salsa and you got chilaquiles too!

They're just for making chips man.
I've tried many a taco but they crumble to dust and don't taste right in that application.
But taquitos are pretty good though they're processed cow garbage, I can't figure out whether they are using msg or something more complicated.

Why not make your own and then you don't have to worry about what they may or may not be putting in them? It's super easy.

I suppose but like another dude in this thread, they don't sell corn here.
They don't sell alcohol stronger than 12% either.

Moving. As soon as possible.
One does not simply make taquitos with flour tortillas.

Where on earth do you live? It must be somewhere where you don't have a single mexican in a 100 mile radius. The ingredients are Masa and water. They even sell Masa at walmart.

No. Wal mart is 60 miles away.
I can't drive because epilepsy and got denied public transportation there because I look "scary."
It's west virginia. You can not get housing or transportation if you get a check or are disabled. They stile live in the 70s here.
Been denied 15 rentals, 2 of them huds, and 2 transportation services because I get ssi.
But people continue to joke about autism and hate neets.
Fuck I've been homeless for 9 years, since I was 16.
There is no good in the world anymore user.
This place will be put behind me soon.

Fuck West Virginia. Can't you move to somewhere with a lot of freaks so you don't get shat on for looking different? Come to New York, we don't mind weirdos.

move to literally any other major city, not Jew York. You'll go broke struggling to live in a closet.

I look completely normal user.
That was discrimination, can't avoid it, can't fight it. The BBB refused my call even after a housing development manager released information about my criminal record to the public. But she lied. She told my cousins that they were refusing me because I had tons of felonies on my record. I have none.
The lady that runs the transportation passed on a rumor and got me denied housing.
Welcome to america.

>any major city with a legit public transport system
FTFY

Hard to beat NY in that area, and nobody needs to live in the West Village. You can get a cheap place in New Jersey or an outer borough.

Chicago has solid public transport

Best taco I ever had was fried octopus in a fresh-made blue corn tortilla.

>Puesto in La Jolla, CA

Thank you, I'm going here next weekend now

You might want to doublecheck that they still have them, I don't see it on their online menu so it might be a summer thing. The tortillas are still great, though. I also recommend their horchata.

*plugs in my charger into your nose*

God damnit user behave yourself.

Shit, gotta correct myself here, I was looking at the taco section of the menu but it was actually in the entree section.

>Octopus Tacos $17
>Pulpo, avocado, chipotle crema, maĆ­z azul tortillas

> fucking white people and their god damned flour tortillas

Where do I get these in the UK, all I find are pleb tier flour tortillas

op here

thanks for the good replies

here's my first attempt at chips, they were not bad, need a little tweaking but i definitely won't be buying the bag kind again

one thing that always amazes me about cheap, prepared food like this or fries and potato chips, is how little actual ingredients they require. i cut up just 3 small tortillas and it was more than enough, probably will just do 2 next time. fries and chips are the same, half a large potato is usually good per person.. chip companies raking in cash

Maybe it's just the brands I buy but the corn tortillas always fall apart unless I roast it on the gas top. Anyone else?