Name a better TV chef than Alton Brown

Name a better TV chef than Alton Brown
>Pro tip: you can't
Name a better TV show that actually teaches you how to cook than Good Eats
>Pro tip: you can't

Let's all join in prayer and ask whatever diet(y) you believe in for all episodes to be released on Netflix

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/altonbrown/status/144186320724566016
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He is certainly not the best chef, he is just the best chef host.

I watched them all back in 2006-7 when they aired nightly on FN. Now I just have the DVR set to record them when they air on the Cooking Channel and immediately erase half of them because of how simplistic/beginner everything is.

I agree. That's why I used the term TV chef and not just chef.

Alton Brown is not and has never been a chef.
He's a television producer who uses professional cooks as advisors in order to sell his programmes to the networks.
Don't fall for it, user. He's a businessman and he's only in it for the money.

Kek bless America

Name a single show that doesn't have multiple chefs working on recipes behind the scenes
I don't care if he is only in it for the cash. When I go to the restaurant they make me food not because they like me but because I'm paying them to do so. If it's good I have no reason to question the motivation behind doing it

>Don't fall for it, user.
Can you repeat that? But please, speak it directly toward my James Beard award.

/thread

There is a full series rip on the pirate bay with an included episode list and labelled folder for specials and extra episodes. The only problem is that some of the older episodes are low resolution.

I hate how smug and elitist he is over things like grating his own cheese/cutting his own vegetables/doing everything the long way when the outcome is always the same regardless.

>this guy buys pre-shredded cheese

shut up and grate your own cheese, boy

Some of his solutions to things are convoluted and stem from his dislike of unitaskers, often times not being very versatile themselves.

Covering Bricks in foil instead of panini presses, the fan and filters to dry jerky, the liquid smoke gathering, lay on the DIY side of things.

He's not a chef, but that has already been said.

I like him because he is super responsive on social media. And like guns,

Remember when he used planters and an electric burner to smoke meat?

Just buy a fucking Weber. I smoke the best meat on a Weber grill, plus I can fucking grill, too.

I want Alton Brown on my post-apocalyptic survival team. He can Macguyver us up some ways to good delicious food.

Don't get me wrong, it was fucking cool. But around my area, those planters cost about 50 bucks each.

AHH
H
H

The idea was to use something you might already have on hand, such as a planter. It was an example, not an instruction to go buy that exact planter.

$50 for a planter beats $300-$800 for a "real" ceramic smoker any day.

Oh my God. Alton Brown is awesome. I used to watch Good Eats so much around 6 years ago.

Why does he hate unitaskers so much?

Depends on the task, really:
twitter.com/altonbrown/status/144186320724566016

The screaming guy who makes the girls wet despite insulting their food mere seconds before

>looks like an m60
The fuck

I hate pop science "personalities".

This guy is neither a chef or someone with a background in science. He's just a hack faggot who is relegated to stock personality on the Food Network.

JACQUES PEPIN

Oh look, its another faggot that thinks Alton Brown isn't a Chef, while objectively speaking, he is actually the best chef that ever lived.

Stay ButtWrecked honey.

>Name a better TV chef than Alton Brown

>in 2011, he won the James Beard Foundation Award for Best TV Food Personality

For best tv food personality not in a category for cooking

>NOW HERE WE HAVE THE UH PROPER UHHHH PAN
>TIME UH FOR SOME UH KOSHER SALT
>YOU UH NEVER UH WANT A UH MULTI UH TASKER
the moment I noticed how bad he was at fucking talking the show became unwatchable.

its a SCAR you retard

He's fine I guess, but this unitasker meme needs to stop. I'm not gonna use a fucking fork to mash potatoes.

this

noticed it immediately and just couldn't stop noticing. still a great show and watched all of it. B+ through an A-.