Sweet wine

>sweet wine

I went out to dinner with my Uncle and his husband the last time he was in town, almost called him a fag when he started talking about how much they both love sweet wine so much

>dry wine

don't embarrass yourself

Sweet ice wine is delicious in small portions.

>not enjoying a small glass of late harvest/ice wine for dessert

clos haut-peyraguey is heavenly with strawberries

>my Uncle and his husband

This. I like delicious things, fuck me, right?

I've always really wanted to like Port and Madeira and the like because 20% is my ideal ABV but they're all too sweet for me. Kind of disappointing.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with sweet wine unless you're one of these assholes who gets self-conscious about drinking anything except "big reds"

>almost called him a fag

moscato is delicious you asshole

Only wine I can tolerate is sweet.

Alcohol tastes terrible in general. Worst cultural meme thbq

Does mulled wine count?

>salt

Fortified Wines are literally the perfect liquor.

I'm a 26 year old heterosexual man, but my god if a glass of sherry or port after dinner isn't absolutely divine.

Sherry is great but I'd hardly consider amontillado "sweet wine"

Also you're on the flyover board so anything other than MUH CRAFT BEER and MUH LAFROOG is considered a bitch drink

One of my uncle's has AIDS.

He's a straight man. He cheated on his wife with some dirty whore and got the gift of a lifetime.

I was scared to death when he visited us.

I'm only bringing this up because we're talking about uncles. I'm not suggesting homosexuality and AIDS are related. I have nothing against the gays. My little brother is bisexual (though he's only had girlfriends).

Your blog is boring and not sexy enough.

It's a pic of Amontillado, but I had Williams and Humber Oloroso last week, and it is hands down the best thing I have ever bought at a liquor store.

I like fairly dry reds, but fortified wines have the perfect levels of sweetness, flavour, warmth and potency.

Sweetness with wine, and alcohol in general, is very unpleasant when done wrongly, but done right, it's magnificent.

>heterosexual
>"divine"

The problem with sweet wine is that plebs will tolerate cheap stuff even if it tastes like shit, whereas they won't with dry wine. So a great deal of R&D has gone into making cheap dry wine that tastes minimally palatable, but almost zero work goes into making sweet wine that isn't dogshit. The best you can do is maybe Vinho Verde, the next level up might be some lower end Moscatel sherries or entry-level Kabinett rieslings or Alsacian Pinot Gris, in the $20-30 range.

Whereas you can get a plausible knockoff of the Southern Rhone or some various Bordeaux styles of dry red for $10-15. What does that get you in sweet stuff? Maybe some dogshit critter wines with the words "moscato" or "riesling" on them.

I once drank a flagoon of port. It nearly killed me.