Best Beers

Hey Co/ck/s, I'm really having a time finding beer thats great to my taste buds.. I usually drink yuengling lager, taste ok for the cheap price. ive been trying alot of craft beers and not liking the results. Stuff like Fat tire, Saranac, Tried alot of ipa's,lagers ,pale ales.. Can you give me a good beer and type recommendations please..thanx

For me,

red stripe or heineken.

why dis..? idk about heineken.eghh

nig detected

Yuenglings IPL is better than alot of exspensive ipa's ive tasted

is gudd or wut..? can i get it in the mid north east?

I like a good ice cold corona
I also like a lager called singha

corona is mexico city piss water ..yuk

Anythingby Southern Tier Brewing Company, especially their 2x IPA

this is another NY brew co.. why does eveeryone like ipa's? im leaning amber lager

Wheat beers made by an yuro brewery

Non-American stouts

paulaner octoberfest is the only right answer
if not you can settle for sapporo

I don't know why people keep recommending IPAs in here when he obviously said he's tried a lot of them and didn't like them.

What aspects of beer have you enjoyed when you tried them? I notice you didn't list any stouts or porters. They're very different from a typical lager obviously, but it seems you haven't enjoyed many of the other traditional styles.

If you're looking for something closer to the general lager profile, Pilsners can be quite nice; they are often crisp and refreshing, but can be a bit bland. A Kolsch or wheat beer might also do it for you if you want to branch out a little more.

WTF.. I should cut out your taste buds.

egh.. drank a shit load in high school.

yeah i didden't really like Guinness to much.. i drank it but just because i bought it to try..Thats a stouts right.? Never had a porter, but thats dark like brewed with a coffee bean right.? whats a good pilsner that i can get at my store.? idk.

why do people like Ipa's ? i dont get the love. It taste like bitter asprin anitseptic. A lager taste better to me... I also want to try a swartzbeir

>paulaner octoberfest
is good..?i love sam adams version

This.

here we go again..

That's not a REAL craft brew. Check this out.

I don't understand. It tastes good and not very typical of beer.

had it gross... dont fruit da beer

Hmm. Seems I was inadvertently memeing. My apologies, gentlesirs. I don't come here much.

i dont like fruity beer or somthing you put fruit in or on..

i just want good beer.. not shit from the bowling ally

That beer isn't "fruity". It just has citrus in the background. Wheat beer is delicious.

The big reason people meme on 'em is because Blue Moon is owned by MillerCoors and Shock Top is owned by Anheuser-Busch. I don't know whether they used to be real craft brews and were bought out or they're fake craft brews created to infiltrate the market.

ive had both.. blue moon dosent taste great to me

it's good but they don't stock a lot of those at total wine or walmart for some weird reason

I knew about blue moon but didn't know shock top was. But it makes sense. Competing products from rival companies. They both taste good to me though. I dln't care for their regular product. And for good tasting beer it is decently priced as well.

Try some hefeweizens (a type of wheat beer), or maybe even a milk stout. Hefeweizens make me really want pretzels, in a good way. They're low on the bitter scale and real bubbly. Milk stouts are quite a bit more sweet in a sense versus a regular stout, so the bitterness is less pronounced. Oatmeal stouts are similar in that regard. Lambics might be worthwhile if you're cool with really sweet beers. The fruit-based lambics are more like drinking a very alcoholic wine cooler than what you'd think a "beer" would normall taste like.

Watch your tongue you damned dirty ape!

my god this is the most faggot beer thread in the history of Veeky Forums
literally every bear mentioned in this thread is absolute garbage, starting with Yuenglings, the king of garbage

You bastard.. Thats america's first beer and its great you commie scum.

Give us some gud beers then Mr. beer god small "g"

Seriously though, light beer makes me feel sick it so watered down and busch ..wow

Try ALL common styles. Stout, hefeweizen, brown ale, red ale and see if you find something. Sours are so niche so it almost feel like you're still not into beer if you like them but nothing else, but yeah try them anyway.

where do you live? beer is nearly always best consumed fresh. I'd recommend going to an established local brewery and grabbing a flight and seeing what you like. if you're buying a random beer off the shelf, odds are its a couple months old or older, and you aren't getting the best representation of the beer (especially if the beer is from out of state or produced by a regional brewery)

goes down easy

*tips fedora*

Busch Light. The queen of beers?

scotch ale

tegernseer spezial
schneider weisse original

2 best beers in germany

turned 21 yesterday
never been on Veeky Forums
somebody give me the rundown on the best beer

In the usa by the way

Go buy some Left Hand Milk Stout non-nitro and never come back to Veeky Forums

that sounds like a meme so go fuck yourself

as a fellow american i say start with a yuengling lager.. USA's first brew.. then skip around to the brews

you gotta have a baseline to judge your beer

You're retarded.

this man is right. what the fuck?

The best.

can i get them on the east coast..?

Go fuck yourself.. i hate that beer, My old man drinks that watered down piss

yeah except yuengling.. its good beer on the cheap

Maybe try darker?

I've noticed with a lot of my friends that aren't traditional beer drinkers like darker more flavored beers like porters, dubbels, tripels, stouts with chocolate, etc.

I used to drink a lot of craft beer. When I grew up I started buying 6 packs of High Life tallboys.

Stay mad faggot while I enjoy the best beer a man can drink.

champane of beerz.. shits gross.

Good beer.

I was recently diagnosed with Celiac's (aka No Gluten) and I've really taken a liking to this one. As far as beers go, there really isn't much of a difference between gluten free beer and regular beer in my opinion.

nice shirt.. after your first beer you should go take a nap.. and stop drinking that piss water from colorado.. the THC piss from the stoners leaching into it rotting your taste buds

Shit, forgot pic.

Also, Omission is a good gluten free beer line. Their lager actually tastes like a better Yuengling.

never seen it

at least go with Banquet

Interesting, I thought that kind of stuff would be even more of an acquired taste.

I love craft but I don't mind drinking some ice cold High Lifes. Miller makes the best cheap macro beer, along with Yuengling in my opinion.

Since this thread is nothing but opinions, these are some of my personal favourite beers, not to be taken as claims of objective superiority (although I have tried a LOT of beers in my time):

Lager: Red Stripe, Budweiser, Oranjeboom
Wheat beer: Hoegaarden, Franziskaner
Bitter: Boddingtons
Ale: Fuller's 1845, St Austell Proper Black
Stout/Porter: Young's Double Chocolate, Guinness West Indies Porter

do you live in England?

Yorkshire. Some of those might not be widely available overseas, but you can probably get them online.

>from yorkshire
>not drinking dirt cheap sam smiths

Estrella Galicia red vintage, only in Spain, you'll shit bricks

Hi I am new to this board what are some good alcoholic drinks to start with. I've been thinking of beer and rum

Rum is good for a lot of smooth cocktails, good for a beginner. I'd recommend Cuba Libre (Rum, cola and lime), Mojito (Google recipe), Pina Colada (Rum, coconut milk/cream and pineapple juice), Havana Mule (Rum, ginger beer and lime).

You probably won't like beer when you first drink it, but it can be refreshing. Lager is good with hot, greasy food (pizza, kebab, curry), I'd recommend Budweiser as a good standard lager. Boddingtons is a smooth bitter and not too alcoholic. Wheat beer (AKA Weizenbier, Witbier or Hefeweizen) is worth trying as well.

Best advice I can give to someone starting to drink alcohol though is to eat first, drink slowly, drink water. Have a sick bucket handy in case you vomit. Switch off your phone and stay off social media while drunk. Don't drink if you have important things to do the next morning.

I didn't know anyone in Europe actually purchased Budweiser

I'm British and it was my go-to supermarket lager for a few years. Cheap, relatively smooth, and the export stuff is 5% alcohol (I dunno how strong it is in USA). And I know it's shallow, but I also like the sort of rock and roll Americana packaging it comes in.

It was either that or Stella. The other options were Kronenberg (too perfumey), Carling (too weak), Fosters (weak), or bottled beer (San Miguel, Becks, Heineken) which are okay but more expensive and not better than Bud.

To be honest, it was on special offer a lot and I got it more out of frugality and habit than taste.

It's 5% in the US too. But it's not in the old school packaging anymore, sadly (in the US at least).

Make Budweiser Great Again.

Lol at all your shitty american beers.

Its pretty ok
You may know it as Budweiser. That one is the original one that Americans tried to copy.
Spoiler: They failed

I heard from another beer thread that they are two completely different companies and beers who just happened to have the same name by accident. They are not really 'versions' of one another. Also I've had both and the czech pilsner is of course clearly superior.

>Budweiser
American piss water manufacturer
>Budweiser Budvar
Pretty solid Czech brewery

dude your english and you said budweiser is a good lager..hahaha fuck that.. you know nothing

Based beer. And I'm an American IPA drinker as well.

When you taste a good Belgian you realize that a lot of what the US markets as "beer" really has nothing to do with beer.

I had that on tap this sunday, it's not as good as I remembered it being a few years ago, but that's probably my tastes changing. a 2013 golden monkey was the highlight of that afternoon.

Im having a Saranac Adirondack lager now..Got home from work at the machine shop, hating life. Getting cap busted off take a swig and... egh taste like shit compared to a yuengling.. matt brewing comp is shitty..

>don't fruit da beer

Classic adjunct lager drinker mantra. Experimentation is the foundation on which craft beer exists and evolves.

Hawt damn, u go to beer college..?
Prof. Craftinstien i presume.?

Nope, just an observer. Please try to tell me anything contrary to what I said is true.

try any dopplebock

if it's so goot why is it only rated at 2 stars on ratebeerdotcom?

>IPA drinker
that's a fancy way of calling yourself a housewife