Is your twenties a meme?

Is your twenties a meme?

High school and the last years of university/college were absolutely great, but after starting my first job im not sure about shit in general.

I really despised work at first, but after half a year I think I may be getting used to it. I don't really have any friends outside of my school and university friends, but they're not always arounds. I meet some people at board games club, but haven't made any *lasting* friendships. Is this something that only happens at school/university?

I also don't really have any goals, maybe i should work towards getting a wife and kids cos I'll regret it if I don't, even if having them is miserable? I don't know though, i don't know anything im just a kid.

Was thinking of trying to get enough in the stock market to live off the dividends, working towards a £35k a year passive income. May be possible by I'm thirty if the stock market continues to be low.

Attached: 1520072528183.png (650x650, 13K)

>Maybe lasting friendships dont happen outside of university
>I should work towards being miserable

OP, I just wanted to tell you that you're destined to be a simple economic agent with no personal life or goals who will be used by society

your life will amount to nothing, you will only have superficial relations with your "friends" and "wife" (if you'll ever have one)

your kids will hate you, or, in the best case scenario, will be completely indifferent to your efforts and will not take care of you when you reach an old age

this will be a life, consider this a warning, or curse, or both

"if the stock market continues to be low"

what did he mean by this?

you are not a kid

Lol same here bud. Just get good grades and have some fun. I would want to ben an entrereneur but i know that's some bullshit word, but you get it. Wageslaving not for me, but each to his own. Maybe go work in another country for half a year, great experience i guess. I'm planning to do it too, might mature you, or it won't who knows. 20's are a meme. I miss being 15-16.

It's easier to get nice high dividend yields/low p/es if the stock market is low, since I get more for my money.

But does anyone's life amount to anything these days? In a world of 6 billion people, the most anyone can hope to make is some small, meaningful change in the world. The age of Alexander the Great type figures is over, unless you're extremely lucky. But surely everyone is destined to this fate, and you should try get used to it. You can get used to anything, right?

The problem today is that most people start to earn money too late

Basically everything goes to making big amount of money by any means and then just fucking around

I should be alright for cash. Got 90k in bonds and stocks and should be earning decent money soon working on decompilers and backend work.

I don't think retiring at 30 which is what I originally planned for is reasonable tho :(

lol k

GLEEPOWER

What are you doing you dumbass. 90k in crypto right now would get you set for life within the next bull run.

>GLEEPOWER
haha yo inder

Not just twenties friend

Attached: 271gda.jpg (500x375, 73K)

How do you know there's going to be a bull-run? You could easily lose it all as well. Not gonna buy assets which purely have value cos someone is gonna buy them at a higher price.

You're so clueless it's almost cute. Maybe you should DYOR on the value proposition of blockchain, before you neck yourself in 6 months for not investing into the biggest paradigm shift since the internet.

I spent my 20's working, and then fucked off to SEA at 28-34. Absolutely best, unbelievably wild and fun years of my life, and they were enabled by the funds I saved up while being an awkward young dumbass introvert.

Wife and kids won't make you feel better if you are unfulfilled. You need to go out and have some life experience, and encounter some traumatic, terrible events that will make you grow as a person and develop some effective coping mechanisms.

bull run will be when it goes from $8400 to $8900
then Veeky Forums filled with green wojacks
then we crash to sub $5000

Wanna know how I know you're a dumb newfag?

Attached: 1517879209678.png (403x448, 53K)

delusion like this makes me happy I got out of this ponzi in Jan

i doubt you understand what a hash is. Blockchain is just a distrbuted database which solves the double spending problem. Merkle tree and asymmetric encryption is what makes it immutable.

Plus even if the blockchain is amazing, doesn't necessarily mean you coin is a good investment. Eth performs its function of buying gas at 1$ or 1000$.

I did some work getting 200$ doing web dev for bitshares which was quite fun.

Don’t fall for the family-meme, op. You need to realize that life is utter meaningless, and that the only thing you can do to make it worth wile is to have as much fun as possible, but still maintain balance so that you don’t fuck it up so much that you will live your 40s and beyond as a miserable sap. This is why you join the military, and not some gay shit like the navy, go for one of the more elite units, SAS if you’re really ambitious. Benefits: You’ll have a hairy goal to work towards that will make you feel like a fucking stallion once you smash through it. Once in, you will make money while you learn to take care of yourself in sub optimal conditions and blowing shit up. On your spare time, you get hammered with the boys, travel to exotic places with the boys and smash hot chicks with the boys. Chicks who want nothing more in life than to get railed by three alpha killing machines. And guess what, you now fit that description. All the while you put something to the side for investment, and get out by the age of thirty. Then it’s time to put your uni education to work, and get a 9-5 job. You’ll quickly rise to the top in the company, slaying your chucked out coworkers who fell for the family meme on the way to the top. You’ll spend the remainder of your life tearing down goals, munching twenty year old puss during weekends.

Also goes to show that we haven't even properly entered fear/capitulation yet.

Attached: 1516155039890.jpg (345x336, 214K)

I hope you cashed out enough of your babby gains to buy a rope.
>Eth performs its function of buying gas at 1$ or 1000$.
>what is fundamental market mechanics
>what is supply/demand
You're right, stay away from crypto. I legitimately don't want you to make it, you arrogant cunt.

I'm in the same situation, starting a family is the only thing I can imagine might be fun in the long run
I literally have no other goals in life
too bad I'm a khv lol

I went to Japan and went interrailling after school which was awesome. I thought Japan was a hellish dystopia with pachinko and cram school and packed apartments. Interailing is great because alot of crazy shit happened.

Still though, I generally think travelling is overrated. Most cultures are fairly similar. What I liked about travelling was messing around with mates - like we all went to the Lake District which may not be the best place but it was sick. Saw Cumbria's greatest singer as well.

That sounds awful user.
dude what is your problem get off my thread you worthless virgin.

also you fit the bill of a "newfag" more than I do desu
irrational exuberance
most likely holding a big bag of XRP/TRON 90% down from ATH
tell me, what changed about BTC in jan 2017 when it was $1000, and dec 2017 when it was $20k? massive tech advancement? or people piling in to something they perceived as a get rich quick scheme?

Attached: 1518469389379.png (420x420, 8K)

Saged.

Kek OP youre such a massive faggot

m8 you just jelly you ain't seen Cumbria's greatest singer.

Attached: singing460x276.jpg (300x180, 11K)

>my thread
Fuck off from my board you faggot.
>most likely holding a big bag of XRP/TRON 90% down from ATH
I don't buy shitcoins, 20x up from my initial.
>tell me, what changed about BTC in jan 2017 when it was $1000, and dec 2017 when it was $20k? massive tech advancement?
Once again, I don't buy shitcoins. Nice straw man, brainlet.
>Saged.
What did he mean by this

Attached: 1513240646198.png (500x482, 118K)

My feelings exactly.. Was going to make a post just like this. I got an internship over summer at a bank and fuck me it was the most boring shit I've ever done. If that was my life I'd neck myself. So while all my friends are applying for jobs next year I'm just gonna go travel or do something, definitely not the salary earning career course. Everyone talks about the big 4 like that's the dream but I could not see being happy there.

Have a long term girlfriend and looking for babies in like 4-5 years so need to experiment in that time frame. I think I'll either need a fun job or a high paying/high pressure office job to make it a bit exciting. Friend interned at Goldman over the summer, shit sounded crazy.

Regardless, I am not settling for a bank job with boring coworkers who talk about the same dumb shit all the time. You shouldn't settle either! The way I look at it forty hours of my week is a damn large chunk of my precious time on this planet so fuck being unhappy for it. Things always work out. Do something risky. No point playing it safe. Maybe in some of my life paths I end up with a shitty life but at least I'll know I never put myself through the forty hour slog.

Couple of people where I work used to work at Goldmans. They liked it but apparently there's alot of bullshit politics higher up, which is why one of them left.

Also imo interns don't really do much, it's more like an extended interview. No point training someone for 2 months if they can just fuck off at the end.

ehh I don't think I'm a fan of long hours or high pressure. The dream of the 6 hour workday sadly doesn't exist :(

Attached: download (4).jpg (222x227, 12K)

Yeah the politics sounded crazy! Only the crazy ones stay, rest move on to private equity after a couple years.

I mean I did a fair bit, had projects to work on every day but they were for the most part mind numbingly boring. Only interesting thing I did was a cash flow analysis for a prospective client that wanted a big loan. I did get exposed to the systems in place and they seemed very straightforward, most of the skills come in communication but a lot of the work is background data entry. I would ask people the favorite part of their job and I'd be met with a lot of ummmms.

I just figure if I'm doing something I find meaningless I might as well be under the gun for it, something to get my blood flowing. Otherwise I'd just be lost in the monotony of it.

I've been on this board for eons fag I just like to break up the crypto shitposting with a bit of real talk in between.

I love how you fucks think "capitulation" equals 100% of ALL holders selling simultaneously. A handful of NEET on a board that refuse to sell doesn't mean we haven't reached capitulation.

I for example don't sell. Ever. I buy the bottoms and DCA if I mistime. And since I have enough money, I'm ok with it going to 0. So good luck waiting for all us holders to sell - I'll take my cryptos to my grave in 50 years if I have to, and buy more every week until then. It's going to drop more - just in time for me to buy again this week. Keep giving me your bags faggots. That supply is just leaving the market forever (until I can spend it at the grocery store kek). Wonder how many people are doing the same? Not dropping as hard as you fucks keep thinking eh? Almost like a shit ton of accumulation huh?

Stay poor Veeky Forums.

>20s allegedly you're best years
>spent almost all of it alone reading manga and watching anime
if its not a meme i dont know what it is

Attached: 1517035556302.jpg (977x1000, 119K)

Life in general is a meme. I recommend depersonalization. Consider yourself like a detached pilot controlling your body and mind.

Now that fucking sucks, dpdr is hell on earth. Wouldn't wish it upon anyone. My first 6 months felt like I was losing my mind.

Bro, you know what sub you’re on. LITERALLY the same page. We’re all here. LITERALLY the same webpage

You don't really believe that though user. I can see rationally that it's true, but no one by choice can feel that way. You're invested whether you like it or not.

this is a crypto-free thread, stop talking about your worthless beanie babies. If you're argument for something's value is that people will collectively refuse to sell it, then you're lost.

I work in a "fintech" firm which is quite cool, the hours are not as bad and there's still interesting finance and technical challenges. Not sure how I feel about it tho cos I yoyo in my attitude towards work everyday.

Yeah fintech seems an interesting choice. I did a bit of coding and topped my big data paper last year so it's definitely in for a shout. I'm hoping my thesis will bring interested parties to me.

>Thinks the stock market is low after the second longest bull market of all time during the lowest gdp growth since the depression.

The dividend yield is still much better than bonds.

You're still thinking a low stock market is a bad thing however. I agree that we have terrible productivity growth, stagnanting technology and medicore living standards.

What I think will happen is that the stock will rise to the point yields will be as dismal as bonds. The only people who will benefit are those with stocks (e.g old people). Young people will be stuck with awful returns.

Remember stocks are unlike cyrpto in that it's much better generally for the stock market to be low, since you can get more for your money.

>fucked off to SEA at 28-34.
What did u do there for so long?

What a load of shit.

20s aren't a meme but you are one, OP
i've seen more 20-something out of college programmer of above average intelligence making decent money and being disillusioned with life in exactly the same manner of speech as you than there are shitcoins on coinmarketcap, and i'm not even that old
you're a NPC. it's in your genes. not everyone can be the player. doesn't mean you'll be unhappy, but you have to recognize you're not the hero and then subscribe to a collectivist system you can believe in. could be religion or atheism, could be open source or trump. be reasonably successful as an individual and be part of a group - that's where meaning is found for your personality type, and it then translates to satisfaction

"open source or trump"

savage

I guess this bubble is over, let's see when the next starts.

Attached: afcdae5d395e0fc74dd687d02b72c22d.jpg (400x390, 72K)

>sub
holy shit you reddit faggots really need to leave

That's some really nice advice thanks. I think not recognizing yourself a hero is important, and getting rid of the expectations you had as a teenager.

>sub
I thought reddit invasion was a meme

What a cringey projecting faggot. I’d bet my entire stack this guy lives in a basement and hates his disappointed parents

Nope, redditor here. Well, I was originally on digg but migrated to reddit when v3 launched. Got over 20k karma points on reddit, but my homie who made like $100k on crypto last year told me that biz finds out about coins way sooner than reddit so here I am! Not a fan of all the racist stuff but can't complain about the random ass pics, heh!