The element is fucked in my fan oven but the grill is still working. Can I cook a frozen pizza with just the grill?

The element is fucked in my fan oven but the grill is still working. Can I cook a frozen pizza with just the grill?

Other urls found in this thread:

thekitchn.com/whats-a-convection-oven-and-when-do-i-use-it-appliance-guides-from-the-kitchen-216549
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Try it and find out

yes

Yes, turning the fan on makes it convection, this tends to make food cook faster and more evenly.

Without the fan it's just a regular old oven, and acts like a regular old oven.

It's a convection oven you retard.

thekitchn.com/whats-a-convection-oven-and-when-do-i-use-it-appliance-guides-from-the-kitchen-216549

When the fan is off it's just a normal oven.

You will need to fip it half way

Would rather like to hear someone fucking this up before I make a balls of it myself.

Nice, thanks I'm a little less hesitant now.

Ah, well I've never used anything other than fan assisted. couldn't hurt to ask tho. cheers.

dohohoho

>The element is fucked
The element has nothing to do with the fan.
The element heats the oven.

Yeah, and the broiler will still make it hot

Might not be as fine controlled temp, depending on the oven, but if you're not a moron you can use it fine.

The fan works fine, the element doesn't heat anything anymore. The grill elements in the oven work perfectly but obviously the fan isn't used then. I shall test this.

Build a small fire in the bottom

Get a pan and let it heat up under the broiler for 10-15 minutes
Put Pizza on hot pan and broil

If the broiler settings allow multiple heat levels, you'll probably want to use the lowest.

If it just turns on at full blast without any control on the temp, then you'll need to be careful and watch how quickly it cooks and shit.

Frozen pizzas are engineered to cook in basically any oven under any number of odd circumstances, so you have a decent chance of it turning out just fine.

Yeah, but what does the grill/broiler function have to do with the fan/convection function working?

It's almost like this stupid fucking thread is talking about two different functions.

Probably because they are, the fact remains the OP can cook his pizza just fine.

Get a shop vac and hold it next to the element to suck up the hot air and put the exhaust under the pizza

To add to this, you'll probably want to use an oven rack furthest away from the heating element so you dont burn the cheese.

Noted. I was all or putting it on the top rack. Retard me!

You saved me a load of headuck and yes the broiler has a dial for temperatures. Nice one.

>broiler has a dial for temperatures
Nice, you should be good to go then.
If it lets you SET a temp, then just use the correct temp for the pizza, if not you'll want to use one of the lowest settings and watch it every few minutes after ~10 minutes for initial cooking.

I guess the question becomes:
If you can run the convection feature along with the broiler feature as that would make it cook more evenly.

It's possible, at least on SOME units. No idea about OPs however.

look it up fairly easy to replace,20$.

if he has a multimeter he should test for continuity in the heating element.

If it's truely the element thats broken then this test should tell you, otherwise it could be an electrical problem in the control circuits of the oven. (corroded or loose wires, etc)