Vegetarians be like "omg meat is so expensive"

Vegetarians be like "omg meat is so expensive"

>bought pic related shitty roast for $6
>rubbed it with salt, pepper and fennel seeds. literally took 30 seconds.
>browned it on 6 sides in a stainless skillet
>threw the whole thing in a 500 degree oven.
>turned the oven off
>came back two hours later to perfect, succulent, juicy, dirt cheap and delicious roasted beef.

>you literally can't feed a family of 4 cheaper than this. your move, vegifags

>he fell for the searing keeps the juices meme

that same $6 will get you sixty pounds of veg if you know a farmer

shit a 1.50 gets you a dog and drink that will last you a week at costco

farmer here
wrong unless youre buying literal ground cover

He didn't say why he seared it, user.

OFC it doesn't "keep the juices". But it does create the Malliard reaction, which tastes good.

>worrying about what vegetarians think about money

While they're tut-tutting a $1.50 cup of chicken livers they're loading their carts with pine nuts, jackfruit and Daiya.

60 pounds of winter rye, please.

go "seared the juices" up your ass, dickhead.
I brown it because I've tried the recipe unbrowned, browned before the roast and browed after the roast, and browned before the roast produces the tastiest crust.

I can get free puppies and kittens off craigslist too.

>pine nuts

What do you mean, expensive? $35.00/lb is expensive for a resinous pine needle flavor? Plebe.

You did fine, you should sear it like you did. That guy's just pissed his mom hasn't got home to make his tendies yet.

I pay 75 cents to a dollar a pound for jackfruit

kek

The world is not your little corner of America.

A can of jackfruit is like 75 cents at my asian market...

it's not for anything but the browning, dumbfuck.
>greentext because i think im clever.

true carn/omnivore

protip: sustaining yourself is not that expensive in any regard. Just eat tasty food.
Also animals do not have souls or the capacity for sapience.

does that mean it's okay to kill niggers

That may be true but having grown up around animals it is difficult to not see SOME high brain functions at work that don't make you at times uneasy about eating them.

only if you eat them.

So don't. pursuit of happiness and all that. there's just no value in caring.

>there's just no value in caring.

For feeding or culinary purpose only.

>"don't sweat shit that doesn't matter" is now somehow a fedora/edgy statement

Pine nuts are literally the most expensive nut. And people only really buy them for pesto which is one of the most lavish vegetarian meals. Jackfruit is dirt cheap. I have no idea what daiya is.

$6 can give you 8 servings of spaghetti and lentil bolognese. Literally more calories and healthier calories.

>I'm just so badass and detached that I don't give a fuck about torture and murder
>Not for me though, I don't like being tortured and murdered for no reason pls stop why are you doing this

I try to do this every other week or so OP. Use the left overs or french dip sandwiches, make srokinoff or that thai shit with the peanut sauce and spinach. It really cuts down on the grocery bills.

>torture and murder
It's not torture if there's no sapience involved. if you make a robot designed to retract a metal limp every time it senses high heat, is it torture to keep the metal limp forcibly in place and subject it to high heat?

>x be like
kys

Higher brain function doesn't stop any other animal from killing their food. Why should it stop us?

I can buy 3 cans of corned beef hash for $6 and it gives me meat, potatoes, and a raging case of heartburn. Beat that vegi's and meaty's.

$1 for lots of pasta, $1 for sauce. Spend the rest on various veggies

>eating antibiotic CAFO hormone meat that tastes like injectable soy texturizer and ammonia disinfectant
Fuck that shit. I won't eat meat that goes for under $10/lb. Lucky I'm not poor, but if I was I'd go veg

canned food is actually quite expensive relative to fresh food, even if our intuition tells us that it should be cheap.

>bought pic related shitty roast for $6
lol no
$6.00/lb maybe.

OP here. it was literally $2.99/lb at Market Basket

>roast came out cash, btw. leftovers are going into pho for dinner tonite.