Best white bread for a peanut butter sandwich?

Best white bread for a peanut butter sandwich?

I'm trying to relive a childhood nostalgia via the classic pb&j but I can't find the right bread. I picked up a regular white loaf from Publix and the bread had a sour aftertaste. I tried Wonder bread and it still had that sour flavor. I'm looking for a sweet soft white bread. The kind that kind of becomes dough again when you squish it.

you want potato bread

Wonder bread should have worked. But try Bunny just in case.
Damn I can't even remember the last time I actually had a loaf of white bread in my house.

Uh, no. Not for the classic PB&J that us Americans loved as kids.

Sunbeam king thin.

COUNTRY

WHITE

Sunbeam and bunny are what I remember from childhood but I can't find them anymore.

you made me gag

Bimbo bread.

You're welcome user.

seriously, you're describing potato bread. Martin's is a good brand. it doesn't taste like potatoes.

Sourdough

Too dense

This or Kroger brand if you have it. They have to be really fresh to be like that old super duper soft Wonderbread. It's sad that Wonderbread is a joke nowadays. It's like gritty air

Some things should only be nostalgic memories because if you try to eat them again as an adult you find out they're actually shit

This.

Just consider some of your favorite candies when you were a kid. For me it was candy corn and root beer barrels. Tasted them as an adult. Guess what?

These days, white bread is dry and nasty. For that soft and comfy goodness from your childhood, you want potato bread.

Yes, this. user, your taste changes over time. Not just in the sense of your mental idea of what is good food but your actual palate changes as you grow.

in the unlikely event that youu can get this in the states, White Danish

I sometimes end up eating plain slices after I''ve finished whatever sammich I actually went to the effort of making. nice and sweet without being overly so and no weird aftertaste

I'm nearly 30 and PBJs are still as great as ever

Sarah Lee whole grain.
It's leagues better than the competition. Wheat's good too and overall wheat is better for pbj.

>overall wheat is better for pbj
Get a load of this faggot

Try Italian scali bread. The sesame seeds add a little something to it. Makes for good french toast too.

If you are in the U.S. get the artesano style bread, its good for store bought bread.

>Kroger Brand
Holy shit came in to say this. Good to know I'm not crazy.

All bread has sour notes though. Your taste as a kid just wasn't complex enough and the jelly overwhelmed it - but sweeter jelly would be my next suggestion or sweeter peanut butter.

He's right tho

Most likely: Old Thyme Butterbread
It's in the bread aisle and is basically sweet white bread

Also possible: that cheap white bread with the Italian flag on the bag

Sarah Lee has an awesome whole grain white bread

Can't find Bunny bread? That stuff is literally everywhere. It's one of the most popular brands.

>White bread
9 grain or whole wheat or bust. Potato bread is good too.

Then again, I wasn't raised on the shittiest bread around. My mother has always used Whole Wheat.

>White """"""""""food""""""""""

Yes. It's usually got a good amount of thickness in each slice, soft but won't fall apart like Bimbo, and the crust is the best part.
Non whole grain is a little too soft and yielding though at times.

>That stuff is literally everywhere.

>he doesn't know Bunny is a regional brand

I ate PBJ every day as a kid in grade school because I was a picky eater and I haven't been able to touch the stuff since I graduated high school. I still love peanut butter, just not on bread with jelly.

PB and J only goes with the cheapest white bread. Its wonder bread or safeway for me

Once I started eating the multigrain sort of healthy wheat breads I never went back. The texture and taste are top percentage.

Right now I'm eating oatnut bread; can't remember the brand, but it's pretty sweet for a bread.

This is what you want, OP (be sure to get seeded).

It bugs me that 90% of the multigrain breads are all dusted with seeds on top. Or worse they put the seeds inside the bread. It's so unnecessary. just grind them up.

>KYS

The only real bread is the white one without sand in it like all you faggots eat.

>white bread
I like that grainy bread or some nice rye better
more flavour

the seeds add to the texture, I enjoy it in contrast to the texture of the crunchy peanut butter and in my case with the added interplay of the shredded coconut and chia seeds.

Your opinion is valid though, as valid as mine is at least.

>not being able to appreciate variance in mouthfeel

If your texture issues are so bad that you think bread has sand in it then I would recommend you seek medical assistance and/or psychiatric evaluation. I wish you the best.

Make some thin pretzel buns.

Is that soap

you aren't crazy. i came to say that too.

Ha, I get that reference.

shit with a bunch of flax seed and walnuts

the real question is do you put the peanut butter or the jelly on a piece of bread first and which piece do you start with left or right

I actually only use peanut butter, jelly is too sweet

so just a pb sammie