Veganism

Why aren't you Vegan?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_allergy_syndrome
youtube.com/watch?v=DNgA06xE_Ng&t=2m3s
reddit.com/r/shortscarystories/comments/3zzii2/going_vegan/
articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/12/04/soy-dangers-summarized.aspx
naturalhygienesociety.org/diet-veganbaby.html
youtu.be/ao2GL3NAWQU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because I'm not retarded

because I'm not a homosexual

No matter how much I wash fresh fruit and veggies, I get severe hives and my throat swells from pesticide cross contamination.

And other vegan stuff doesn't come anywhere close to completing a diet nutrition wise so I'd probably be dead in a few months.

do you not feel that humans have a responsibility to protect nature, since we are so dominant of it?
the only thing you need to supplement is vitamin b12 which you can find a full dose of in most multivitamins

I like meat. It's not a meal without meat. If I were to do anything ridiculous along those lines, it would be pescatarian. I get being a vegetarian, I guess, but veganism is some sort of mental illness. In the end, we're just animals and animals eat other animals. It happens every second of every day. But go ahead, go far out of your way to make life tough on yourself and those around you, you special fucking snowflake

Yeah we do. So what's wrong with farming animals

>UMMM HERES A WEBM OF A COW IN A FACTORY GETTING BEATING TO DEATH

We're not all autistic Amerifats. 99% of the meat in my country is free range.

>No matter how much I wash fresh fruit and veggies, I get severe hives and my throat swells from pesticide cross contamination.
You sure you don't have oral allergy syndrome?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_allergy_syndrome

> veganism is mental illness
no, sucking the milk out of a cow's udder is mental illness, just because you're doing it by proxy doesn't make it any better
i'm not saying farming is wrong, i'm saying veganism is better

Every vegan I've ever met looks like they're dying

probably not taking their b12

idgaf about animals

Not taking advantage of good sources of nutrients is flat out re-tar-ded.

Because humans are omnivores.

Veganism is an eating disorder.

>do you not feel that humans have a responsibility to protect nature, since we are so dominant of it?
no I believe putting man above nature is a silly enlightenment era myth
I'm content to be one with nature and eat meat.

>taking their b12

As if supplements are anywhere near the quality of obtaining your nutrients from your food.

Im curious, where do vegans get b12 from?

not gonna bother reading through this thread, but a lot of dietary supplements come from vat fermentation, that's also how commercial cattle get theirs, which is the main dietary source of b12 for meat eaters who do not supplement directly (they are still eating supplements)

don't see why not
i get mine from multivitimins, which i think is made in a lab. it's produced by bacteria in your gut and of the guts of other mammals, prehistorically humans used to get it from drinking river-water but we're now deficient in it because of sanitisation

Semen

Two reasons. Veganism is hypocritical from a moral standpoint because animals and their byproducts must be used in the growth of edible plants on any reasonable scale, as well as the destruction of animal life in the form of insects or furry cute bunnies or bambies that feed off of them. Secondly, animals raised under humane conditions or hunted by responsible hunters have lived a good life and had a good death. We should all be so lucky.

Injections.

>blah blah blah

He didn't ask how normal people get B12, he asked how vegans get it. Which is injections.

It's too expensive. That pic is like what, $10 worth of food? For about 1200 calories?

I am a heterosexual with a nice job that pays well. A healthy bmi. A lovely girlfriend. A decent circle of friends and no desire for attention other than that which occurs naturally through my accomplishments. I dont need veganism.

i don't eat that all the time, mainly eat bread with peanut butter, only eat fruit/veg when i crave it
it needs you though :(

No you arent lol

I need meat in my diet to stay healthy, OP.

this is bullshit you take them via pills dumbass

>Not eating 10lbs of lettuce a day
youtube.com/watch?v=DNgA06xE_Ng&t=2m3s

I’ve been doing a lot of research lately, and I think it’s time for me to switch to veganism.
A vegan diet offers a boost in potassium and magnesium, as well as vitamins C and E. Stronger hair and nails are another bonus--and you know what they say, that nails can tell you just how well a person is. Apparently, there’s also a lower risk for several cancers, diabetes, and osteoporosis. I don’t know about you, but strong bones are definitely important to me.
They make a delicious base for soups.
All the people I’ve been eating are pure Americans. Overweight, with skin problems and a certain risk for diabetes--honestly, I thought I could just ignore it all. It’s easy to carve away all the outer blemishes, and what I couldn’t see, I didn’t think about. But I’ve realized that I need to start taking better care of myself, if I want to live longer. I won’t be young forever.
The frozen dinners I have left over certainly did like their red meats, and I just don’t feel right risking my heart like that. And though fat does make food taste good, I’ve gotta let it go. I’ve made up my mind.
Vegans are lean meat, filled with nutrients. You cut the strips of fat from pork chops, and so I must do the same with my own meats. You are what you consume, and I’ve only realized that too well. I see now. It’s all about living a healthy life, and with the abundance of danger, violence, and war surrounding this country, I’ve gotta take the precautions where I can. The world’s got some scary people running it.

reddit.com/r/shortscarystories/comments/3zzii2/going_vegan/

I bet her apartment smells so bad. Those farts are going to stick to everything forever.

Because amino acids, that's why.

Eat both meat and vegetables. Don't go full-blown vegan. It'll fuck your body up.

>t. skinnyfat

My girlfriend is vegan and recently I've been making some good vegan meals but then I remember meat exists and that everything I'm cooking would go better with meat in it

wow it doesn't take much to trigger you

It's cheaper than eating meat though.

I like leather. Honestly I'm not a huge fan of eating meat. I find much more pleasure in killing an animal than eating it...

1lb of ground beef is over 1000 calories. Costs $2 on sale.

a kilo of spaghetti costs like $1 all the time, near 2000 calories. Also beans, rice, frozen veggies, etc...

He's right tho
Vegans are all fucked in heda

Yeah but the difference between you and him is you didn't get triggered easily.

I enjoy hunting. I don't go out and kill everything I see, but there's nothing like taking down a large bull deer or moose. I only kill things I eat. Hardly edgy.

I enjoy meat and eating meat makes my life easier.

>spaghetti
>healthy

who are you trying to fool? Not me that's for sure!

Because I'm not a 19 year old female college student with a irresponsibly inflated sense of self importance and entitlement.

>1lb of ground beef
>healthy
neither are healthy it's about balance either way

You're allowed to enjoy hunting, and I'm allowed to think that's a hilariously edgy hobby

Because I'm not gay and I like the taste of suffering!

Stupid goy

wait, how exactly does veganism offer a boost in potassium,magnesium,vitamin c and E?
i'm pretty sure i can get those without being a vegan

you should take it down in a straight up man-to-deer fight and not like a little bitch waiting to ambush it with a gun

I'm not a mewling, childish attention whore who didn't get enough hugs from daddy so I foolishly choose a ridiculous fad diet that struggles to properly nourish an actual person, much less a withered, dull-eyed hippie with the brain capacity of a 5 year old.

I use a bow actually. I don't hunt during gun season. Too many trigger happy assholes who will shoot anything that moves...

You're probably some fat faggot who spends his time watching anime. Do you even know what a tree looks like?

pic is you

circlejerk aside, is hunting during gun season a legitimate issue? Is it dangerous or just too busy?

because meat tastes amazing and i give thanks to the animal that unwillingly died

Both. Firing a gun spooks deer anywhere within a few kms, and novices will shoot anything they see moving in the trees. I don't use a tree stand. Also, wrong country and I like leather boots, belts, and travel bags. Not so much coats...

>eating stuff covered in shit and dirt is mental illness, just because you're doing it by proxy doesn't make it any better

Check out saddleback leather. Their prices went up recently, but I own several of their bags and gun protectors. Best quality bag I have ever owned. I pick something new for Christmas every year. Made the mistake of letting my wife surprise me for Christmas one year. She got me a new tv. For the fucking living room. Never again...

but i am vegan. it's fun. I like the challenge in figuring out what I'm going to eat. and honestly I ate like complete shit when I wasn't vegan so it's improved my health a lot.

Where do people come up with this stuff

So? You could have eaten healthy as an omnivore. There are plenty of fat vegans who live off sugar. Being a vegan doesn't make you healthy. Making healthy food choices and living an active lifestyle make you healthy.

I am though, unless I go out to eat/am at somebody's house. Then I just try to eat vegetarian, since most people and places add butter/eggs/dairy to at least one food.

It really bugs me when people get on my ass about it though. Nobody likes a preachy or whiny vegan, but when I decide not to throw a hissy fit over grandma putting butter and milk in the mashed potatoes, everybody wants to make fun of me because "oooh I thought you were a /vegan/, user"

Maybe it's because I live in a small town and haven't met other vegans, but I find meat-eaters to be more obnoxious and annoying than anything else once they find out I stick to a vegan diet - which I don't even bring up unless they offer me something I don't eat.

>tfw living in a small city with a large farming community
>all the veggies are cheap as shit
>$20 of groceries lasts me a week and a half
Feels good man.

I could probably go on without beef, pork, dairy and poultry. But fish grilled/fried/stewed/raw is just too good, sorry OP

>All the people I’ve been eating are pure Americans
>Vegans are lean meat, filled with nutrients.
oh dear.

Because I'm not an attention craving faggot who has to announce he's vegan at every possible situation.
It's not even funny anymore, you faggots even do it online. I've seen countless threads starting with "I'm vegan" even though there is absolutely no reason to mention it.

Meat tastes good. Stop blaming us, and blame the people who made meat eating a thing in ancient times, and deal with it

Babies fed soy-based formula have 13,000 to 22,000 times more estrogen compounds in their blood than babies fed milk-based formula. Infants exclusively fed soy formula receive the estrogenic equivalent of at least four birth control pills per day.

Male infants undergo a testosterone surge during the first few months of life, when testosterone levels may be as high as those of an adult male. During this period, baby boys are programmed to express male characteristics after puberty, not only in the development of their sexual organs and other masculinity traits, but also in setting patterns in the brain characteristic of male behavior.

In animals, studies indicate that phytoestrogens in soy are powerful endocrine disrupters. Soy infant feeding -- which floods the bloodstream with female hormones that inhibit testosterone -- cannot be ignored as a possible cause of disrupted development patterns in boys, including learning disabilities and attention deficit disorder.

Male children exposed to DES, a synthetic estrogen, had testes smaller than normal on maturation and infant marmoset monkeys fed soy isoflavones had a reduction in testosterone levels up to 70 percent compared to milk-fed controls.

Almost 15 percent of white girls and 50 percent of African-Americans girls show signs of puberty, such as breast development and pubic hair, before the age of eight. Some girls are showing sexual development before the age of three. Premature development of girls has been linked to the use of soy formula and exposure to environmental estrogen-mimickers such as PCBs and DDE. Intake of phytoestrogens even at moderate levels during pregnancy can have adverse affects on the developing fetus and the timing of puberty later in life.

articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/12/04/soy-dangers-summarized.aspx

>wanting more soy in your diet

sane healthy people
naturalhygienesociety.org/diet-veganbaby.html

just another death cult move along

>Be person closer to polar regions
>Go vegan
>Have to import fruits, veggies and crops because actual seasons make it impossible to grow and harvest all year round
>Have to import fruits, veggies and crops that aren't native to your local area because they are the only kind of non-animal produce to fill that nutritional hole in your diet
>All this import raises prices and transportation of goods is just as heavy on CO2 exhaust as meatfarms
>Local farmers attempt to keep up with greenhouses
>Have to purchase specially bred and possibly gene altered seeds to keep up with demand
>Veggies, fruits and crops are a fuckfest of mutations with less taste and less nutritional value
>Try and offset nutritional deficit with supplementary pills
>Pay good money on drugs that are in such high concentration that it's entirely possible that it throws your system off balance and makes you function worse than any animal fat clogging your arteries ever could

I understand we have a problem and we ought to educate the next generation to eat less animal produce but to abandon it fully is dumb, shortsighted and a sign of self-important snowflakery.

I appreciate the question OP but you're a faggot.

I enjoy not having jaundice.

To be honest i really don't know how to replace the meat i eat.
I've always heard since i was a kid that i needed to eat meat because it's the best and easiest way to get protein and it also tastes good.
I don't know what other foods i should eat and what quantities i should eat to get the same amount of protein, but i'm considering looking into it.

youtu.be/ao2GL3NAWQU

Ironically enough I am vegan and am exactly the opposite of everything you mentioned.

So breastfeed your baby then, bitchtits

i enjoy eating meat as enjoy eating veggies i won't get rid of any of those in my diet i would miss a ot of good recipes and flavors and i'm not down for that

you might have an intolerance to eggs

that's kind of how it starts

try not eating eggs for a few days and see if it clears up

What? Misquote?

No, not miss quote

But I am, have been for almost 5 years.

The only thing I miss is chocolate.

Not an argument

BASED

That's not ironic. That was to be expected.

You idiots.

How do bananas get on your silly vegan plates?
They are farmed.
How do you get you're precious mushroom protein?
Farmed.

You think you're saving the planet and your bodies but think again.

End factory farmed plants

That's not ironic. That's called being a textbook victim of the Jewish agenda.

Over using one is re-tar-ded

What's natural about humans eating meat daily or factory farms and animals bred specifically for slaughter?

I would also say what is natural about animals that are manipulated to a point where their bones break under their weight or they asphyxiate due to it such as in chickens.

why would i?
if i ever get good reasons to be vegan i might consider it.

Because I'm not a massive flaming faggot.

You don't have to eat meat daily or eat factory-farmed meat in order to be a meat eater.

What's the problem with eating meat occasionally? And sourcing that meat via hunting and/or old-school style traditional farms rather than factory farmed crap?

There exists a middle ground between being a full-on vegan and eating shitty CAFE meat 3 times a day.

i eat meat because it's a social norm and it's inconvenient not to.

You mean almost everything other than fruit and leaf veg is more complete nutritionally? Oats, rice, soy, peas ... they are all more complete, also have less pesticide residue.

>OAS

This shit's annoying and weird.

I can't eat apples raw because of it. Also randomly have a strong reaction to some types of imported green beans, but the ones grown in my country are fine.

Because I'm lazy.

Meat and dairy products provide some really nice textures and flavours not easily/cheaply available from vegan products, it's also really hard to miss any essential nutrients by eating them.

Vegans are a lot like women, let me give you some personal insight on the matter.

I've been with my wife for 10 years now. We met in high school, and I got her pregnant.
She is and always has been a lazy person and a shit cook. I wouldn't even mind eating shit food if she at least made it on time. But she rarely did.

We'd get into screaming arguments constantly about how lazy and worthless she was. I felt like an asshole for it, but goddamn she was a real piece of work. The only reason I dealt with all this was for the kids, and also because the sex is great.

But one night, I got fed up. Not only did she get drunk, neglect the kids, and made me top Ramen for dinner, but she decided to give me attitude too. She was being real fucking bitchy. So I told my grandparents to keep an eye on the kids and told my wife we were going to go out and have dinner together. I drove maybe 3 blocks to a quiet area (we live in Oregon, it's not hard to find a quiet field) and I got out of the car, went around like I was going to open her door for her and let her out, and I just beat the shit out of her while she was still seatbelted. After a few punches, I asked her if she wanted to go back to her parents. She started screaming and yelling and said yes, so I beat the shit out of her again. Then I asked her what she wanted to do. She finally got smart and said she wanted to go home. So I took her home and dared her to start trouble. I even handed her my cellphone and dialed her mom's number on the drive home. I made her talk to her mom, while daring her to fucking say something.

Before that incident, I had never laid a hand on her. But I had always threatened it. I told her "one of these days, if you don't straighten up, I'm going to lay hands on you."

All my meals have been on time, and she just recently tried to make a meatloaf. It was mediocre, but I was just thrilled that she tried.

Do with this information what you will.

Nice pasta and cute webm.

Mostly cyanocobalamin made by bacterial fermentation and subsequent chemical processing.

People scared of a tiny bit of cyanide might use hydroxocobalamin, but this can't be preserved dry so you need to use drops.

Naive people scared of a tiny bit of cyanide might use methylcobalamin, but that's a bad idea because you can become deficient in Adenosylcobalamin.

Because pescatarianism, with wild caught fish and dairy from small, local farms, works for me.

i remember the first time this got posted!

one day, one day it'll get a screenplay.

it's not all about ethics, the fact is you can get all the nutrients you need from plants, so why bother interfering with mammals?

(except for b12, which you get from fresh water, if you have access to fresh water which most don't)

>do you not feel that humans have a responsibility to protect nature, since we are so dominant of it?

>animals are part of nature
>Hurr durr but plants aren't so it's okay for me to eat!

You might as well be eating rocks and dirt exclusively.

You know what he meant.

He's just saying it forced him to make his own meal instead of buying from fast food places. No one ever said being a vegan nakes you healthy but it is clear an omnivore and a vegan will have a much different cholesterol level.