When did pho become the new meme noodle dish?

When did pho become the new meme noodle dish?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/y3Nb-iG3KxM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

at least two years ago.

it's a good meme, though.

Pho is done and over on the coasts so you must be in some cornfield like Ohio or Nebraska. Do you still have cupcake shops and have you gotten your first escape room yet?

>new

>new

it has been for a long time user, though pho is pretty good most places just charge out the ass for a meh dish

is correct

2 years. Normies kill shit like this. like "tacos xD" bullshit

Not where i live. But i live in viet city pnw... I can get a large bowl w extra noodles and meat for 10$ and split it with my roomie and we both are stuffed

Authentic pho is addicting and cheap as bawls

In the first world?
It's been ten, fifteen years now.

Flyover land? who cares, not relevant.

pho tastes like dirt desu

lol at the idea that anyone besides you coastie fuckers were ever dumb enough to embrace cupcake shops

Even in hicksville usa where i live pho has come and gone it was like a decade ago when it started getting popular. I think op is memeing

Didn't get into this meme until recently, but holy fuck theres a little laotion feller here that throws beef, meatballs, tendon, tripe, and brisket into his pho. Pretty good shit for a meme.

>bunch of fucking garbage in flavorless broth
>muh "satisfying"
we should have nuked vietnam

A long ass time ago, but I live in SoCal and a stone's throw away from Garden Grove aka Little Saigon, so a good, cheap bowl of Pho is always close.

What's up with Vietnamese coffee shops?

So just to clarify, is the official definition for "meme" "something that is popular but I don't like"?

I remember when memes were "jokes" and instead of regurgitating them, we came up with new ones.

The Vietnamese jews should only stick wity their own cuisine. I cant stand their shitty french imitation bakeries. They should just stick with Vietnamese and chinese restaurants.

udon is our meme noodle in southeast iowa

Poke has replaced it as the new meme food where I live. And it seems like poke is already dying off. Wonder what will be next...

what was pho before it became a meme?

the first signs appeared in 2003, it ignited in 2006, and it became a thing in 2009

I am from the middle of flyover land and have been eating pho since about 1997. If you think there is anything new or "meme" about you must be sheltered as fuck.

If you had bland pho it is because you ate it at a place frequented by white in a restaurant with a pun--based name like pho-nominal in a strip mall in the suburbs of Whicita.

Btw, bún is better in every way.

It's mainly where Asians who drive modded FRSs and vape hang out.

So is pho Viet, French or both?

To be fair this is accurate in Indy

I love Pho!! I always get the large number 1, and I add in some sriracha and hoisin sauce. I realize they work hard on the broth but I feel like it enhances the flavor.

>Btw, bún is better in every way.

yep

about to make McChicken Pho.
will post results

bun bo has a really intense anice smell
really offputting to me

>Tfw live in Ohio
The big cities aren't really flyover (Columbus has lots of fancy new resteraunts). Basically everything else is though. Grew up in a smaller town with cornfields and guys with massive trucks and all that stuff.

That can't be helped, Vietnam was a French colony.

youtu.be/y3Nb-iG3KxM
I wasn't sure how it was gonna turn out, but i was pleasantly surprised.

kek

Beautiful

One memed out meal

Triple doubles

rolling

we had them in chicago when i was there ~2009

>flavorless broth
you got jewed by the zipperheads. the real shit is great

Are you sure you ate a bowl of pho and not a fucking wormery?

I think this OP means "trendy"

i've maintained that a meme food is something that gets shoehorned into inappropriate places or is otherwise gimmicky

>bacon in a milkshake
>sriracha "aioli"
>bloody maries with a meal's worth of garnishes

where do you live? Poke is getting popular here

>black guy in the background
I bet your roommate thinks you're weird as fuck bruh

you have no idea

he also likely throws his old dishwater and cardboard in there too

Vietnamese hivemind shilling. They are all Nguyen for a reason

actually I kinda do

>Btw, bún is better in every way.

You've tiggered someone.

pho is delicious

t. faggot with inferior genes so cilantro tastes like soap

Bun what?

Bun thit nuong?
Bun bo hue?
Bun cha?
Bun rieu?

Come on, man, get it together.

>What's up with Vietnamese coffee shops?

NEWSFLASH:
Asian street meat will do anything for a dollar.

After a week in Vietnam and Thailand, you'll be sick to death of cheap ass street meat.

>why cant neo nazis stay away from cooking

top fucking kek I love all these triggered responses

Just eat your food and shut up, fucker.

I think I got into Pho around 1994 desu

then Banh Mi around 1997

Fuck you, loras singer. Dumb mother fucker

When ramen eaters finally got decent jobs.

My man, people from East Asia actually do use old soapy dishwater and used cardboard in their cooking.It's a time/money saver.

Holyshit

we've moved on to ramen xD

memes are viral ideas that spread, evolve, and grow

lmao

honestly a bit of a lefty but still lmaoing my ass off at the le cultural appropriation maymay doublethink
freelancer for vice university pinkos are cancer

>When did pho become the new meme noodle dish?
Like 2005?

>I remember when memes were "jokes" and instead of regurgitating them, we came up with new ones.

lol when the fuck was that

fag

Austin. You?

I made pho a couple weeks ago with a couple pork shoulders

It was delicious but holy shit it did not age well

I could only eat about a quarter of the pot over two days before I had to throw it out

its not ramen anymore???

when faggots and niggers started calling everything meme. that's when it caught on, faggot.

Wording this.

am from SEAsia
can confirm that this user is one dumb faggot

must be the fish sauce but when you use 'bun bo' it can be confused as 'bun bo hue' which is a spicy thick rice noodle broth instead of vermicelli and fishsauce

>real shit
I've had shit from a local vietnamese restaurant run by vietnamese, I've had it from vietnamese people making it for cultural festivals, I've made it at home following the super authentic directions on some weeb website. It's fucking garbage get over yourself.

when you fags from cali and new york started mispronouncing it.

Pho is such a beautiful dish when properly made and served.

The broth should be absolutely reeking of roasted beef bones and generously spiked with charred onion, ginger and shallot until a gallon reduces down to half gallon.

The meat additions, greens, condiments and noodles are only accessories to the broth. The places that mainly white people make their broth weak as fuck because they assume their clientele has never had good pho

The earmarks or good pho are thick puddles of beef fat on the surface of the broth and an overwhelming aroma of beefy, savory steam

i do not disagree.
Veeky Forums isn't going to tell me what a """meme""" food is. it's a dirty joke that's lasted too long.
i'm tired of it.

t. slit eyed subhuman
cardboard, gutter oil and synthetic eggs is only the tip of the iceberg of chink trickery. Go back to china, fetus chugger

>pho
>new
nigga, are you living in 2008?

Planes flyover us and into your buildings dumb coastie

Pho has been in my white ass life since 2001. Yall late.

Welcome to 2003

hey man it looks like pho and not faw, I'm gonna say the way it looks to me.

-westminster resident
p.s. get over it, shit gets mispronounced all the time. It stopped being exclusively vietnamese culture the moment it was served elsewhere. look at: beer, pizza, sushi, chinese fast food, etc etc

Cock sucker

it's pronounce fuh.
now ignorance isn't an option.
you're welcome.

Years ago.
I don't really like Pho though, in comparison to other asian soups. I'd rather have Laksa, or Ramen, or Tom Kha Gai, or Kurogama TanTanMen, or a well made won ton soup. I will say that when faced with ordering from a Pho place, I'll get the Bo Kho (beef stew) because it's heartier and tastier IMO or Bun Reiu Cua (if they have it).

What was the past meme noodle dish?

Years ago. In my town the only pho restaurant was actually going out
of business until my family discovered them.We went there so often
and took out so many of our friends that we managed to keep it open
for a bit longer and they eventually found their success. Now we have
about three pho restaurants.

At least a decade ago. Where have you been?

Ramen

madison Wi

im surprised austin is only getting it now, you guys are usually ahead of the game

ramen is way better but only the west coast really has it rn so no one can call it a meme

yeah you keep getting jewed. There's no shame in that because you can't get good pho anymore unless you have a buttload of zipperheads who know what is up

Bun thit nuong?

Yeah, and bun cha gio

>only the west coast has ramen

have you been to New York?

How exactly are you supposed to eat pho? I've been going to pho places for about as long as i can remember but I feel like I have been eating it wrong?

New York has everything culinary, artistically and commodity, it's a given that NY has it. You don't need to say it.

true, but is still wrong. There are shitty ramen chains all around the NE.

I went to a mom & pop owned ramen place in Maryland once wearing a sweatshirt that said "huge boobs" over my chest.

The ramen was p good. I want a good ramen place in my fly over state but the only places here are hipster-y.