Why is he considered to be one of the best chefs...

Why is he considered to be one of the best chefs? Was he lucky in having people that like his style be the ones that propelled him to stardom? Do people's perception of his food now change due to his stardom for better or worse?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He's got a boatload of Michelin stars and that's the only real metric anyone has for this sort of thing, even if the system is flawed.

He isn't really considered one of the best chefs, more one of the best TV chefs which is alot different.

He trained under several Michelin chefs and was earning Michelin stars well before he was on TV.
That's what got him on TV in the first place.

>that pic.
i'm just gonna go ahead and start what will be inevitable anyway:

Gordon Ramsay, I'm CIA...

This post reeks of a redditor attempting to "fit in".

You know, when he is not working his gimmick for american tv, he is actually a pretty damn good teacher and he is fairly chill.

back to red dit.net

Faggot

HEAD

NICE AND HOT

no he's considered one of the best chefs, and if he hadn't gone the TV route there's no doubt he'd be still be considered in the top 10 of the century

Does Gordon Ramsay Browse /tv/ ? Are memes manifesting themselves into reality? What is life at this point?

Not at all. You just waste too much time on here that you naturally begin to correlate any and all coincidences in life to this site.

he's a big guy

Im a big. Chef for you

If I take that steak off the heat will you die?

It'd be extremely well done.

Fondue.

So whats the next step of your master plan?

>Gordon Ramsay makes scrambled eggs
>OKAY FUCKHEAD, YOU THINK SCRAMBLED EGGS IS EASY? WELL HERE'S THE WAY I DO IT.
>Proceeds to cook scrambled eggs in an unnecessarily complicated way, adding in methods you don't need to use to make good scrambled egg
>THERE YOU GO SHITHEAD, THERE'S GORDON RAMSAY'S © SCRAMBLED EGG.

I hate chefs who overcomplicate basic things to make it seem like they're a cut above the rest.

He's a good chef, but I definitely wouldn't class him as one of the best.

Video is here for anyone who is interested.

youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0

Which part of this is supposed to be unnecessarily complicated?

You literally just wanted a video of him cooking scrambled eggs, don't you think that would be a little pointless?

>I'm just gonna go ahe
kys faggot, no one is gonna give you reddit gold

This is almost certainly dumbed down, even. Why is this "overly" complicated? you know, sometimes the simplest way of doing something doesn't always yield the best result

he's a great chef, not the best but what he IS best at is managing a kitchen and a business.

What is complicated about this you idiot?
>Don't put salt in the beginning, cause it breaks down the protein
>Control the heat, so you don't burn it

What part can't you follow? (It was funny when he burned the toast tho:) )

nothing really complicated about this
and a lot of people DO fuck up making scrambled eggs

>people DO fuck up making scrambled eggs

How so? Is there only one specific way to make them?

My dislike for him aside, this is the technique for making scrambled eggs.
Never stop stirring. No high heat. No brown eggs.
I always (taught by chefs) pre-whisk the eggs and add cream at the start instead of creme fraiche at the end.
The science is there, technique is a little different.
The complicated part isn't. Never stop stirring the eggs. If you let them sit you will have large curds. If you like large curds, then let them sit for a while between stirring.

See >If you like large curds, then let them sit for a while between stirring.
It's frowned upon in the egg cooking field, but you should eat them how you like them.

DR. PAVEL?!

>implying other tv is gimmicky
>implying this guy isn't a hack
>implying I haven't heard the same story you have about him being chill

wasnt he like the best chef in england before tv shit?

I don't like my scrambled eggs runny at all. I wouldn't eat the eggs that gordan cooked. Is that really the "proper" way to cook them or was it the cream fraiche that made it that way?

he is a big guy.

It's the technique of constant stirring and "under-cooking".
That's how it's "supposed" to be done.
You should eat and drink what and how you like and branch out a bit, try it different ways, but if you like it the way you do it? That's how it should be done.

most people that fuck it up simply apply too much heat and get them all brown and shitty.

OFF THE HEAT

just made with a similar style. now i can cook skrambled eggs.. noice