What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/l0NOhQj1m3s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hiring spics and niggers

>what went wrong?
You mistakenly posted this on Veeky Forums instead of /tv/.
Retard.

I think it was adding items to the menu. Just have hamburgers, cheeseburgers, fries, orange juice, coke, and milkshakes.

Boom 15 cents each. That should be a dollar in today's dollars.

Does anyone understand what this guy's meaning was and why he thinks one would discuss food on a board about television?

Hell, I'll even allow big macs, mcchickens, and nuggets and happy meal toys.

But why have all this complication?

If I was McDonalds I would start something called "McDonalds Classic" that imitates the first stores in a tiny location.

Hey, just wanted to let you know that it's been 4 minutes and you haven't explained what you meant by that, and also I think I deserve an apology. Thanks in advance!

Hey, buddy, just wanted to remind you about that apology. It's now been 14 minutes. Thanks again, little buddy!

> What went wrong?

Watch this training vid they made in the 70s and tell me what part of it still holds true nowadays.

youtu.be/l0NOhQj1m3s

>that woman
OY VEY

Nothing went wrong.
McDonald's has and always will produce some of the tastiest food in the universe.

your opinion is garbage now fuck off

Only thing that holds true today is the concept of "not enough time" "I'm busy" "I only have 10mins"

Stuff like common courtesy went out the window sometime during the 90's-00's when everyone had a fuckin chip on their shoulder ans tech was becoming increasily mainstream making everything quicker and quicker, and everyone wasn't coked up listening to synthwave and partying..

I got fired from mcdicks a couple weeks ago, which is funny cause I was one of the few employees there that actually put the customer 1st and was friendly and outgoing as fuck and would go out of my way to "hook them up" if their order got fucked up, why? Cause I learned in business classes that it's easier and cheaper to be nice and friendly to a customer than to treat your customers like shit and then they tell 2 friends then they tell 2 more, etc, etc, and before you know it you've lost LITERALLY THOUSANDS of dollars for your business.

It's funny watching this old ass 70's training video and seeing how fucking HONEST they are about ppl and how customers and employees ACTUALLY act on a day to day basis. Kinda refreshing..

that's stupid
people don't want the "classic" menu

McDonalds does best in countries where they push the "bistro" image and sell lots of wraps and other things

And that's what went wrong. (Or at least one of the main reasons.) Frankly this isn't just a McD's issue though. The whole nature of the current service industry has become one of laziness, indifference, and entitlement... much like what happened to manufacturing. Only difference is service is much harder to offshore than manufacturing so workers think they got bargaining power and now want higher wages for less work. Long term solution is all pointing to more automation. In the end, service workers will go the way of manufacturing in this country.

They just became synonymous with garbage low quality fast food
If they wanted to come back they just have to do subtle viral marketing campaigns like telling everyone how great their mcchicken sandwiches are

neolibs

McDonald's is a great company. They don't serve great food because they take the 'fast' in fast food seriously and their menu is designed to be cooked by minimally skilled workers.

Their quality actually jumped dramatically in the early 00's when they changed their line from pre-making full sandwiches and placing them under heat lamps to precooking burger/chicken patties and storing those in heated drawers.

>What went wrong?

i just finished watching this movie this morning

i'm surprised they never touch on some of mcdonald's questionable choices/fuckups like the hula burger

who the fuck wants to eat a slice of pineapple in place of a beef patty?

>tfw work at a theater

>have to periodically check in to see if anyone is fucking around in the cinema

>see them burgers

I'm fucking starving, Veeky Forums

I'd like this, personally, but what're ya gonna do. Food industry is a wild thing

Whats the verdict on mccafe. The elderly love it.

Getting rid of the Big N Tasty, and keep randomizing the 2 for $5.

taking the double cheeseburger off the dollar menu

According to my housemate who used to manage a McDonalds (in Australia so ymmv), McCafe accounted for over half of store profits.

taking the two cheeseburger meal say was even worse

>what went wrong

Nothing. NO fast food chain will ever brush close to the profitability and cultural significance of McDonald's. It's similar to coca cola. It might not be the best and the competition is strong. But after a long day when you just want something good there really isn't anything better than a Quarter Pounder® with cheese, hot fresh fries, and an ice cold Coca~Cola®

makes big money here
they're pushing out Tim Hortons and are higher quality than they are.

I liked the movie, but it was too short. It buried the lead. The movie was about a guy who stole two brother's ideas to start up a successful restaurant chain. But the story of McDonalds is about the entire world and entire good industry changing. They barely cracked the tip of the iceberg. And no way there'll ever be a sequel.

McDonalds wasn't just a successful change, it was a revolution. They just hinted at that.

>he does it for free

Hey, I still haven't gotten my apology, it's been a few hours, when do you think you can get me that? Thanks again! Am looking forward. To your apology.

Seriously I wish the staff at my store treated employees like this, they are told to treat customers with respect but it's always half assed and never done properly. The video shows you that customers come first but nowadays you've got ten other things to worry about from till times to bop times and they have nothing to do with the customer experience which comes first as it should but it doesn't. Where did it all go wrong?

From what I heard but never bothered looking up McDonald's bought out or acquired Tim Horton's coffee source when they started pushing the whole mccafe thing which is why Tim's suddenly went to shit and mcdonald's coffee got good. I'll take my home made stuff but if I'm stopping for coffee I'll go to mcdonalds well before tims.

Post modernism. Everyone has to be cynical and ironic and too cool to ever be genuine or sincere. Taking pride in your job, no matter how little or irrelevant it is, is something to be mocked and derided. Working hard is for losers you have to be doing something only because you have to not because you want to. It's the 'if I don't try I don't fail' mentality and I can't stand it. I probably sound like an old fogey (despite not being one) but work ethic is fucked in the west (for the most part). Lower/middle class pride of the protestant work ethic is dead. Also why hire some shithead teenager when you can apply for a foreign worker who is essentially your slave and will work their ass off because their fast food wage is more than they'd ever make in whatever third world hole they came from and enough to live comfortably and still send money home on the regular.

>inb4 hurr drr /pol/ or whatever I'm going to get called for wanting sincerity and genuine work ethic

You do have a point. Though I think it's because there's no accountability because people do not follow up and train their crew properly. I mean people treat it as a place to hang out and not a workplace, they are far too interested in each other and what's happening in their lives than the customers they are meant to serve. Makes me want to tear my hair out.

If they started doing a Mcdonalds Classic it would prolly become a fucken cess pit for hipsters wanting "original fast food" and the prices would be more than regular mcds. Cause of the "experience"

>Hiring spics and niggers

I IS ENTITLED TO MUH $15 MINIMUM WAGE OR ELSE I'MMA KEY YO RESTAURANT AND STRIKE!!!!

>I IS ENTITLED TO MUH $15 MINIMUM WAGE OR ELSE I'MMA KEY YO RESTAURANT AND STRIKE!!!!

Fuck off, dumb Nigger.

You're not entitled to jack shit.

T H I S

Also the breakfast menu isnt a bad idea, but seriously all the extra shit that doesnt fit on the "dollar menu" isnt worth fucking buying.

There's another problem with Mcdonalds that people dont usually know about either.

MCDs is one of the largest Real Estate Companies on the planet, they cater to farmland. Thats the reason why there was a debacle about McDonalds sourcing a bunch of their beef from Brazil

> because they were helping brazil burn down the rainforest for farmland - to sell and then collect on the beef profits.

That was their big fucking mistake right there, getting into other businesses besides being a Restaurant.

> $15 per hour Server Robots incoming from china

who cares about the rainforest it's just sitting there not being used by humans

Something went wrong?

Here's the deal... profitability can be achieved by adding additional sales, and not over-extending the company to put in stores at locations where they're not gonna rake in as much.

So what if all their items are basically Dollar Menu or just a few specialties like the McFrosty?

If they do them WELL, no fake meat or fake nuggets nonsense and they keep them tasty, then thats what people will go there for.

They'll buy 2 or 3 cheese burgers, or they'll buy a bag of 10 burgers and take them home for the kids and also to reheat at work the next day (my dad did that a few times when they had those deals).

This keeps the production line orderly and fast, your fast food is actually fast, and it reduces the number of errors ("wait I didnt order this on my burger") because its simple and to the point.

They've gotten so bad on this specialty menu shit they've even got a second menu dedicated to the fucking McCafe.
> as if they're gonna fucking compete with Starbucks

> ----- Specialties -----

McRib should always be on the menu. Everybody loves it even though its a disgusting orange colored nuclear waste piece of meat.

Big Mac, Filet Of Fish, and one of those quarter pounder or third pounder angus beef burger things should be a Rotated Specialty. That way they simplify the line and they figure out which of these are the most popular.

Also they need to make their Chicken Nuggets Great Again. And they should keep them on the menu as a specialty and they should serve Honey packets with them like they used to.

And by great again I mean like 20 and 50 batch boxes, and they need to be cheaper because we're talking about something thats basically worth the same effort to cook it as their fries are.
> and if the menu is nearly clear of specialty items, more people will order nuggets

Ahh but it was always being used by the humans and they didnt know it.

> somehow forgetting about the CO2 problem
> yknow if you wanna get rid of all the CO2 being put out by the cars and factories you gotta have something to absorb it and turn it back into oxygen
> but thats a /news/ issue

I agree. Our store has so many errors because grill orders screw everything up and people don't know how to handle the situation. Which results in products which aren't gold standard. A simpler menu will result in a simpler process for the customer.

The only beef that USA mcdonalds uses comes from USA or New Zealand.

McRib should only be a limited menu item.

If you create demand, then when it comes sales will be higher. Same with Shamrock shake.

Filet o Fish will always be popular on Fridays and during lent.

Big Mac has been on the menu for 45 years, its not going away.

Chicken nuggets are already pretty gud. Ask for honey?

McDonalds manager here. Just ask anything.

Now my opinion. Remove premium chicken items. (no salads, snack wraps, artisan grilled chicken or crispy buttermilk) That even reduces to not having to buy tomatoes, cheddar jack cheese, herb vinaigrette sauce.

Get rid of bagel sandwiches for breakfast, only muffins and biscuits are necessary. (not having to buy hollandaise or bagels)

Might as well keep the McCafe drinks because McDonalds is buying EVERY single restaurant a new McCafe machine regardless of age. I dont know what the difference will be.

That's supposed to be an endorsement? You know there are a number if US grades of beef, right? You think Mcdicks is even sourcing choice? Lel, no. It's the lowest grade fit for human consumption. But it's not only them. Throw a rock, and you'll hit every other fastfood slop trough.

I'm glad you have proof saying its from other countries.

You just have a stigma that if its a large corporation they must be doing something foul to the people.

She legitimately looks scary.

American agricultural safety rules being what they are, I don't see why "they import beef from Brazil" is supposed to be a bad thing. Probably just riles up the kinds of tards who do eat at McDonalds. Passportless ignorants who think "foreign" is an insult.

Also, lol @ the guy who thinks that the slop they press into "burgers" is in any way good.

I said nothing about "other countries." I said mcdicks and every other fastfood shithole sources low quality US beef, barely fit for human consumption.

Read better.

From brazil

you stupid nigger

McChicken is $1.19 by itself, but it's $1.25 as part of 2 for $2.50. Is this what they're teaching in business school today?

But it is barely fit for human consumption. Stop being so butthurt.

And there is literally nothing wrong with Brazil beef. You should be so lucky.

>Higher Quality
Nope. McDick coffee is shit.

>Thinking the rainforest is the largest carbon sink and not the cyanobacteria in all of Earth's continents and all of Earth's oceans including the bottom of frozen Antarctic lakes where NO complex life can colonize

Forests can actually serve as net carbon producers over time like the monoculture spruce forests in Europe. "Just planting trees" is the retard's solution to AGW, it's much more complicated than that.

Tim Horton's is just as shitty and more expensive.

Getting tired of retards forcing the Tim Horton's meme as if every leaf just worships at the Church of Tim Horton's every Sunday.

They need to bring back the classic golden arches 1950s architecture. That gaudy neon, I love it. It's optimistic and naive.

Your father impregnating your mother with birthed you conception and the survival of life up until this specific point in time of which and where I happen to exist so that you might become a childish pain in my ass...

Spaghetti.

Shit food as is with all fast food establishments. They just got greedy and made shit food even shittier with more shit ingredients .

>He doesn't know about the dilbert effect.

Doing a good job won't net you anything, my friend. To the contrary, raising the bar will make you a liability to the lazy.

Every sandwich will have to be made twice, or the assembler/manager will have to find the customer to ask exactly what he wants, the store won't make money because food cost will go stupid high, and it won't work. As bad as the order takers are now, they're still better than customers ringing it up themselves.