So I'm gonna be eating on $10 a day and I'm wondering what I can prepare. Nothing too time consuming. Maybe an hour - 1...

So I'm gonna be eating on $10 a day and I'm wondering what I can prepare. Nothing too time consuming. Maybe an hour - 1.5 hours of cook/prep time. I'm not a fan of fish. I just need some recipes/ ideas

Tl;dr
What do I cook for $10 a day; no fish ; 1-1.5hr cook/prep time

Spaghetti and chicken breast/thighs seasoned however you like
Maybe even make a chicken alfredo sauce for the spaghetti

Change your budget to $70 a week instead and you'll probably get more variety in your meals. Try pan fried chicken breasts with veggies, stew, chili and curry.

Look into meal prepping, cook in bulk on days you have the time. Chicken is a popular option for this

Curry might be interesting to work with. I've completely forgot if its existence before you brought it up

Caesar salad but with spinach because it's infinitely more interesting than lettuce. It's just spinach, fresh ground salt and pepper (grind some sea salt nice and course), lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, chop up some garlic, top it with croutons and shaved parmesan. I like adding onions to mine too.

Isn't $10 a day like a ton of money for one person?

make some chicken soup sucka
chicken for sammiches
broth for rice
veggies with boiled eggs in the morning

>Needing to ask how to support yourself on 300$ a month

I thought general rule was 5-10% of income

If you have trouble balancing a $70/week budget for food you probably shouldn't be living on your own.

You can eat just about whatever the fuck you want for that budget and time investment, especially if you prepare meals on the weekend/days off. An hour a day or seven hours a week is more time than many people have to prepare food, honestly.

i'm big on stir frys and thai curries. usually use chicken as a protein, and add any vegetables i want, typically red/green bell peppers, brocolli, carrots, mushrooms, etc. also gonna need onions , garlic, and ginger. whatever spices/marinades for chickens. curry paste can be bought or you can made your own. i like pa nang. as for stir fries there's a ton of different sauces you could use.
also chili is the shit, chicken or ground beef, any beans you want, stewed tomatoes and what not. super filling, lots of protein and fiber, etc.

2 for 2.50 mcdoubles. 8 mcdoubles x 300 cal = fed

Lol that's 100% exactly of someone's autism bux at one meal of 1.5lbs a day.

You definitely don't get by with this in more than 4 shit states.
You know what a monopoly is? Stores are not being built because stores already exist. Companies refuse to exist near each other.
Stores 50 feet apart sell the same items for more or less than each other.
I can't even go to mcdonalds my friend. It's $4 shit cuts of beef, $1 green peppers, $1.50 onions, $3.75 gallons of milk and $2 boxes of macaroni for me. And this is the poorest state, there is no food tax.
Nissin and Maruchan can't be sold in the same town as each other, and businesses and fast food are starting to act like this.

I'm not sure how you get by on $10 a day when a 1.5lb skillet of poor people shit is $12-14.
And that's not 3 meals.
Imagine offering prisoners one meal a day and you'll get somewhere with that thought.

chicken thigh Alfredo w/ pasta is very cheap. The sauce is just a roux with cheese, bacon, pepper, italian herbs.

Or if pasta isn't your thing lather that cheesy sauce mix on a home made pizza base (base takes 40 mins prep time but most of that is waiting for rise .. it can be kneaded in the same bowl you mixed it and then thrown in a hot deep pan dish to be stretched out and par-baked).

Let's say I make stir fry.
West Virginia rural.

Noodles $3.50
Beef $4/1lb cheapest cut
Broccoli $1.35/1 medium head
Carrots $1.80/bag
Green peppers $1 each/need 2
Onion $1.50 each
Green onion $1.50/bag
Vegetable oil $2.75
Soy sauce $3.75/Kikkoman (Dollar store brand is vinegar water and unusable)

I'll cap it there. That's about 3.5lbs with a couple vegetables left over.
$22.25. One meal, will last 2 hours.

I still don't get you cheap eating preachers and your impossible feats.
There is one grocery store and I'm not slamming oats every fucking day.
That one meal just knocked out my food budget for the month because I'm disabled.
Knock some sense into me and tell me how I could do this cheaper.
Protip: There is one store.

>eating beef instead of chicken
>whole bag of carrots
>whole bottle of soy sauce
>whole bottle of oil
>not buying pasta in bulk
ALso why the fuck are you paying 1.5 dollars for a single onion? Don't buy organic onions.

I live in minnesota and get by on less than 10$ a day while on a bulk.

>noodles
>3.50

You have almost enough food there for 3 meals i.e. a whole day, and you overpaid for some of it e.g. the onion. Seriously, you are eating a pound of beef and $3.50 worth of noodles and that only keeps you going for two hours?

>Onion
>$1.50

>there is one store
>there is one size variation for packaged vegetables
>nothing is organic
>What is a monopoly, Alex?

Do you guys actually live in america?

Yes. There are multiple different grocery stores within a 5 mile radius of my home.

Either starve or eat fucking oats. Also you made enough food to last a few days

Yes. Onion is $2 for a fuckhueg bag.

There is one grocery store and a gas station.
I'll be down there in a couple hours and probably snap some photos for you guys since $1.50 for an onion seems outrageous to onion guy up there.

>3.5lbs of food is one meal
I'm not going to pretend to know whether you're an obese cunt or a descendent of Hercules, but somebody living on a tight budget does not need to eat anywhere near that much food. Try half, or if you're serious about two hours, try a third.

most anything, that's 300$ a month.
you could get 30 12 packs of Milwaukee's best, and spend the other half on eggs, bread, cheese, rice, beans , chicken leg quarters, any meat meat on sale (my favorite) ,canned tomatoes, bananas and be alright

No, a bag of 20 small/medium onions is like $9-10 for me.
Here's what else I can recall.
Apple $1
Banana $1
Banana bunch $3 (7 or 8)
Kiwi $1
Asparagus $2.50 (10 very, very, very tiny sticks)
Mushroom $2 (.35lbs)
Broccoli $1.35 (.4 lbs)

Bananas and onions are the only things sold more than 1 at a time.
I'm really not wanting to trod through 8 inches of snow but I suppose I'll get some pictures later.

you need to get out of that town , drive to nearest big one and shop for the month

I need to go there and sell some of my onions for sex. There are cute girls desperate for some cheap onions, right?

thos eprices are whack. I get 12 os froz broc for 99 cent at food lion.
bananas 50 cent a pound, onion 3$ max a 2 pound bag, 8 oz mushrooms 2$ max, chicken leg quarters always less than 1$ a pound

It's 50 miles and I lost my transportation by discrimination.
Not a single nigger for 50 miles so the disabled get the shit stick instead because union hillbillies have to have something to hate.

Being a nigger is a disability, but you can still work.

supporting this - chili is a great idea. if you can find a recipe you can like you can just make a shitload of it and freeze some of it to eat later. Every few days I'll make a bigass pot of food so i can eat the leftovers for a few days then freeze the rest so i have good meals on demand when i need them

I can't be exposed to sunlight for more than three minutes or I have a seizure.
And I have to haul all the food and water I use, it's only half a mile but it's 250 stairs down and 250 stairs up.
That's 250 lbs of just water. It's insane difficulty to exist like this because asthma stops me every 45 seconds of walking or every 15 stairs.
Have to go every day too because my muscles are deteriorating and I can't haul more than 15lbs.
Even a bike won't do shit for me because it has to come back up the hill.

Hell isn't always fire and brimstone apparently.

>buying water

>having asthma
>drinking chlorine
>drinking chloramine

Rethink what you said.
If I wanted a seizure, anaphylactic shock or an asthma attack every time I turned on the faucet or needed a drink, I might actually use it.

I shower with a towel wrapped around my face so I don't fall over, gash my head, bleed out, have a seizure and die.
Some municipalities are completely unregulated.
This shit should be 4 ppm but you can literally wash your clothes in water and they come out fresh and white as snow.

You clearly are not meant to be alive.

>bag of carrots
>bag of onions
>bag of green onions
>bottle of oil
>bottle of soy sauce

And then you need to buy it all again the next day? What the hell are you doing exactly? Some kind of fetish shit?

Yes

Have you talked to a doctor about this? I don't think the amounts of chlorine that's in normal tap water would have that kind of dramatic, direct effect.

You know, I live in the third world, and I can eat very well for less than 5$ a day. Heck, I could even eat for 2 dollars a day if I wanted.

>That's about 3.5lbs with a couple vegetables left over.
>$22.25. One meal

One meal? WTF? That's more like 6 meals....

I have never made that because of price.
I buy a $4 steak or $2 box of macaroni every 48-72 hours.

Denied. Thought I was crazy for sunlight allergy moonspeak. They refused me any information and gave me antibac pills for lupus claims?
Still working on it because it'll give me a comfy check. Just got a new doctor that isn't 80-100 miles away, only a half mile.
Had thus malar rash for three years and the faggots refused to test for lupus. Huge joke. I'm barely able to get up and down at 25.

Oh fuck its you again. Why the fuck so you keep making these threads? Its the same thing. You bitch about not having any money and everyone tells you to stop being a sad cunt and get a fucking job.

seriously anons

I seriously hope this is a troll. This guy keeps making this same fucking thread. He claims he hasnt worked in like 6 years and lives in a tent half the year and steals internet from the neighbors

Its to the point where he could live off fastfood, IF he got bread for supper/breakfast.

Where the fuck do you actually live?
I couldn't find prices that bad in NYC

Food is cheaper in NYC than in almost anywhere.

I live in Michigan and I get by on 50 no problem and eat better than most of the people I know, bit to mention off of that 50 dollars I usally cook 3 or for meals for my girlfriend as well. It's not hard at all.

or they could be really fat

I live in Seattle and vaguely try to eat organic/clean and I can do it.

>omitting the anchovies
>omitting the mayo

You goddamn pleb get out of my fucking face

Are you actually retarded?

What the fuck do you think caesar salad is?

Buy bulk rice and beans at off brand stores you fat fuck

Are you? Have you ever been in NYC other than Times Square and other tourist traps?

Oh shit OP here
I was just looking for some recipes or ideas, but hey man. This took off more than I thought