Food trucks

Sup biz. Anyone else here started a food truck/ or wants to in the future? I am thinking about starting either a homemade ice cream or a gelato truck. I have worked for my buddy who's family runs a homemade ice cream business for 5 years and could get a good deal on a franchise to get into my own events/ festivals/ and fairs. They can bring in 2k to 12k gross with high profit margins for a 2 to 7 day event/ fair. Or just go on my own and start a gelato truck maybe. Anyone have any ideas on how I could learn how to make gelato? I also worked making bomb bbq chicken for 5 years but don't want to deal with the health dept. On raw chicken/ storage temps/ and all that. Would like to make ice cream/ gelato in ohio from late march through october and then live in florida and neet/ or maybe sell ice cream down there from november to mid march. Also want to keep this more of a food truck/ restaurant thread, but I'm holding 22k vechain and 21k amb for the long term so should be comfy with that in a few years. But I don't want to be a full time neet. Any thoughts on ice cream/ gelato/ bbq or other food truck ideas?

Attached: home+pic.jpg (2000x938, 1018K)

lots of competition from mexicans. but you could serve like fried chicken and shit. ive though about it but i dont have a truck. and cant afford to buy one.

$5 suck truck

Yeah I thought about doing fried/ slow cooked grilled bbq chicken but I think its easier to plan for serving ice cream and it stays good for a week or 2, while you have to serve chicken that day within a few hours. Also i think ice cream would have better margins

as a general rule of thumb. if its easy theres probably already a lot of people doing it.

Yeah that's true... but at fairs/ festivals there are different kinds of ice cream trucks. Soft serve/ frozen yogurt/ dip n dots/ homemade and they can co exist cause these events have tons of foot traffic and people like different stuff

food trucks work in some places.
other places they are totally unviable due to regulations

Thanks for the reply. Yeah in ohio for fairs and events its good to go. But me and my friend looked into taking a trailer down to siesta key florida and city regulations don't allow it. Need a brick and mortar location to sell there.

Food truck bump

I'm a gelato maker at an authentic Italian dinner. It's a lot easier than it sounds. You just have to invest in a commercial I've cream maker, purchase Italian flavorings, stabilizer, milk, etc. Or, if you're feeling really fancy, you could make it out of egg yolks and fresh homemade add ins, but no one really does that. Just look up a recipe. I'd also recommend pretending to be Italian if you're not already and hire beautiful Italian women to serve for you.

Attached: 1515970958386.jpg (1080x1350, 175K)

I wanna start a frozen margaritas/wine truck and drive it to all the rich MILF neighborhoods. Can you get a liquor license for a food truck?

You can get anything if you pay enough money to the city

>
its easy. gelato typically contains more sugar and less fat than regular ice cream, making it creamier. You mentioned that you worked before with ice cream so i am asuming you know the procedure. I highly recommend reading "douglas goff ice cream" , you will find there everything you need to know about it, and I meen everything. I used it when i started my ice cream bussines. If you want i can send you pdf, along with some 20 other books regarding ice cream making.

Cool. How many flavors do you make or recommend having at a time?

Business idea, accept crypto. Launder stuff with the cart or never cash out and let your earnings appreciate in value.

Also thanks purple id above me. Yeah i would be interested in any books you recommend about making ice cream/ gelato

Waddup nigga, OH

>food truck ideas
I went to my first food truck like two years back. A taco truck. Shit was expensive and I personally like taco bell cool ranch tacos better.

Anyway these people were slaving away all sweating to hell and back. Shit was cramped and looked just like a horrible job.

How lucrative was said business? Curious.

start with D. Goff that I mentioned. You will learn how different aspects and ingredients impact final product. E.g sugar percentage, fat , the fat moleculs carry aroma that you add to the ice cream mix, so more fat tastier and creamier the ice cream, stabilisers, temperatures, everything. When you learn that you will know how to produce ice creams/gelatos with characteristics that you want, and you can always tweek them. Or you can buy ready mixes as stated above. In any case it is not hard at all.

food business in general is very tough.
I own a speciality restaurant and it has taken countless hours and to get established and be where we are today.

If you want to grind, then go for it.
If you arent going to be doing majority of the work (cooking serving etc) then you will lose money or just break even.

IO

Thanks again. I found the goff pdf. Will be reading it. Any other recommended books? Any that have gelato recipes/ gelato focus?

Whell, I operate in a country that has a low standard of living , so i cant charge it as i should. For example the italian ice cream maker that does simillar things, ( home made fruit sauces, nuts etc) in Insbruck, Austria, charges 4.5€ or about 5$. I charge 1.8$., and i make premium / ultra premium ice cream. But my product is good, and I earn decent amount of money by selling large volumes. But I know one thing for sure, ice cream brings a lot of money.

the easiest is to sell drink. have a bar truck.
food margins are shit.

what was your margin?
also did you sell more by the scoop or bulk sales?

As someone who owns a fleet of these, let me give you some advice:

Do NOT underestimate the spending abilities of drunk college kids. You will make very good money if you find a place downtown near the bars you can park, especially on sat/sunday.

Right but with I cream you get to keep the truck cool.

Succesful Food truck owner of 3 years here ask away faggot.
Also what city are you in?
How much liquidity?
Do you have a food truck builder or a truck lined up?

Attached: 20171202_145412.jpg (4032x2268, 1.74M)

So now you get to shiver for 12hrs a day.

you can take any ice cream recepie, and make a gellato. They are basicaly the same, just a different formulation. So any book with recepies will do. I have over 20 of them, you can easily find them on liber gen.lib just type ice cream

The first thing I"m noticing is that you want to make the ice cream yourself. That's interesting, because most people just buy pre-made Popsicles and such. Make sure to seriously consider if you want it pre-made or self-made. If you're going with the pre-made route, go find the best suppliers you can. Your friend might know someone you can buy wholesale from. It's very important that you make money at the product level, otherwise your entire business will go under. (this isn't even factoring in operating costs) If you want to make it yourself then look at what machinery you will need. I doubt you will be able to make it inside your truck, so hopefully you have the capability to mass-produce in your house.

The next thing you're going to need to do is look for trucks and employees. If you can hire someone with food-truck experience that might help you. Or maybe you don't need any help. I would suggest buying the truck used and scrubbing the bastard down to its bare-bones. You're going to spend a lot of time in there, so you don't want a deep-fryer welded into the wall when you need to store ice cream cones there.

Also make sure to learn a lot about ice cream, particularly what you will be selling. Middle-class women will be more attracted to you if you say "I went to Italy to learn how to make this Gelato, and then came back and started this business." Children, on the other hand, just want their Spongebob Popsicle. Look at who you're targeting. In Florida, you'll be better off targeting old people. But you might be better off selling simple icecream in Ohio.

In cuyahoga and looking to start a business, whats up my niggers

If you are going to make your own gellato, you will need ice c maker designed for gellato. It operates on lower speed, thus creating lower over run needed for gellato smooth and dense texture

I want to punch my fist into those things

Attached: 878.png (1506x735, 214K)

This board is for adults, user

I want to drive my fist onto those ice cream platters and scream DRAGON FIST

Attached: hahah.jpg (123x125, 4K)

I want to dragonfist your mom

nah, he's likely a normal good, shouldn't be too much of a problem.

mega/mediafire pls

great advice

Dude that's crazy, I'm in the same area as you. Did you ever hear of a start up called "Chop It", it was like a fast casual dining place like Chipotle, but you built your own wraps and salads from a variety of ingrediants. The concept was great although the ownership literally retarded, and it failed after 5 years. I can't even begin to explain the massive failures on the corporate level. I managed the location in Summit Mall for 1.5 years until the end. Hell, me and another manager got the owner to buy industrial cold press juicers to add fresh juice as a menu item. It increased my sales 13% that year, and decreased our food costs slightly as I bought more bulk produce and fruit to juice. I made the whole menu and recipes myself on the juice bar portion. I fucking loved/hated that job so much. Its a shame.

ingredients*