Spice rack thread

What's on your spice rack?
Favorite spices to use?
Here's mine.

pathetic array desu

I don't have a spice rack because my spices aren't all in neat containers exactly the same size and shape.

In my chaotic cupboard of spice, I've got various jars, bags, pouches, tins, tubs, and bottles of:

Telicherry peppercorns
Balinese long pepper
Malabar peppercorns
Cloves
Whole allspice
Cinnamon sticks (unspecified variety)
Ground cinnamon
Cardamom pods
Star anise
Cayenne powder
Smoked spanish paprika
Moroccan saffron
Whole nutmeg
Ground nutmeg
Juniper berries
Panch phoron mix
Fenugreek seed
Black mustard seed
Brown mustard seed
Ground cumin
Whole cumin
Ground coriander
Ajwain
Dried mexican oregano
Dried dominican oregano
Aleppo pepper
Berbere powder
Turmeric powder
Ground dried chipotle
Whole dried guajillos
Whole dried chipotles
Dried persian limes
Ground sage
Dried basil
Dry red chili flakes
Dried bay leaves
Chaat masala

Sea salt
Whole pepper
Cumin
Cilantro
Garlic powder
Old bay
Butfore

Absolutely horrible. You wouldn't even know how to season with spices that don't come pre-mixed. How can you even begin to justify onion powder? Are you proud of this? Kill yourself.

Says the guy who uses dried Basil

what's the white mesh thing

Onion powder is great for my rubs and roasted potatos.
Your being a ass

Just some garlic

Spices are grouped by type and there's a label on each level that tells you what spices are there

Nice dollar store spice collection there

you've got quite the mountain of cheap shit that all tastes like dirt or nothing. if you took a picture of the other side of the kitchen, what would we see, a neatly organized stack of 10 microwaves and no oven?

>5th Season
Yep, that's me alright.

For dried ground spices like onion/garlic powder, does brand/price really make a difference (I mean compared to the ones that aren't dried like nutmeg that are grated fresh or chopped herbs like basil)?

>onion/garlic powder, does brand/price really make a difference
for onion and garlic powder brand and price don't make a difference because only trash use it. There are some things worth investing a little more money and research time into, like ground tumeric or any dried herb or little seeds like fennel or celery

>what is focus

Nice kitchen though...

My spice cupboard desperately needs organized, it's mostly dried Indian spices, Chinese/Korean chilli flakes, peppercorn (sichuan and black), plus a load of dried herbs.

Anybody have a halfway decent solution for organizing?

>value size everything
>generic brand
>Pre mixed shit
>Gravy Browning
OP has spent too much time in industrial kitchens.

Which... I dunno. Could be both a good thing and a bad thing. Would definitely invite OP to BBQs, but prob wouldn't go over to your house to eat.

I need
>garlic powder
>mushroom powder
>season all
>chinese 5 spice

I'm a pleb but I love any Tomato-based dish with loads of smoked Paprika, Coriander seeds and Cumin

>mushroom powder
That's a thing?
Honestly what the fuck am I doing on this board.

Shitposting with a very small side of learning

You know what's even better? Actual fucking onions. How can you even defend that shit? Wait, never mind. It's apparent you don't know how to properly season food, Mr. Montreal Steak Spice...

Apparently its better to put in your soup than that top ramen seasoning and also has no msg

There is NOTHING wrong with MSG, if there was -- literally all of Asia would have a headache right now.

le organic meme

unorganized lil bit of everything
my most used are garlic powder white pepper and cayenne
my favs "all purpose greek" but rarely have a reason to use

>Working kitchen brah
>mojito lime was free.
>hatting on Browning sauce
Its cool dude, my other job is a BBQ place
It a savoury medium chunks of onions on my roast does not work.

Then dice or grate them. No excuse. No justification for onion powder. You have a spice cupboard full of pre-made spice mixes and things that shouldn't even be spices. That is not something to be proud of.

Here is our 500lb smoker
Yes its a shitty pic nighttime on a Kindle

Onion powder is no sub for onion.
I agree with you.
But there is a place for it in rubs/sauces

what place does it have rubs/sauces, in the garbage?

Ha! Looks like I'm not alone.

Lol, amateur.

thats a gross restaurant. the bottles are murky from being in a humid, greasy environment and the labels are peeling off, theyre old and stale sysco inventory stickers, huge turn off.

How many pounds?

OK
You two know nothing...

i make mostly blends as well as grow my own coriander seeds and dry my own sage, rosemarie, thyme and oregano. i dry mushrooms as well to make season salts, chanterelles, lobsters, morels.

ras en hanout
cajun (creeper)
garam masala

those are my go to's.

,weak