Calorie Counting

So I guess this meal is 300 calories.
It feels like a lot more than 300 calories should be.

Does it look like 300 calories?

Eat only half the rice and then drink a shit load of water to feel full.

I mean.. Pretty sure I counted it right.

1 cup brown rice 216 cal
Half a yellow squash 16 cal
About 1 1/2 carrot 40 cal
1/2 cup green beans 31 cal

It just feels like a lot more

That's before it's cooked, the calories of food triple once they are cooked it's common knowledge

Checked. Double trips is truth

Pretty sure I want to call you a faggot, but that get tells me otherwise.

I have a difficult time believing that much fried rice alone is only 300 calories.

DId you add oil? Most of the stuff in what you listed contains a lot of water anyways.

That's a lie.

Vegetables are very low calorie.

That's why we developed to eat meat and cheese and shit too.

>DId you add oil? Most of the stuff in what you listed contains a lot of water anyways

Its all steamed. Just rice vinegar to add flavor to the rice and a little salt.

You should be dead by the end of the week.

Did you measure a cup of raw rice or cooked rice? A cup of raw brown rice is 684 calories. Also, oil? Soy sauce?

Will you faggots stop getting gets so I can call you faggots?

1 cup of COOKED long grain brown rice is supposed to be 216 calories. No oils, no soy sauce.

That sounds about right.
It won't really start getting up there until you bring in meats and dairy. Keep in mind it's very possible to eat at a caloric deficit while also eating meat, but your options will be limited, some low calorie meats are chicken, turkey and salmon.
Remember to also track your macros.

Salmon will be incorporated into my diet twice a week starting next week. Aint got no clue how to track macros.

There are plenty of apps you can download on your phone, search "macro tracker" in the app store. I'd highly recommend you take a stroll over to Veeky Forums and read the sticky.

>The calorie, cal, is defined as the amount of energy (heat) needed to increase the temperature of one gram of water by 1C.

if the carrot is hotter you better believe it's got more calories. a hot carrot is raising the temperature of the water a fuckload more than room temperature carrot or even a frozen carrot.

you wanna lose weight you need to stick to the frozen foods.

>eat frozen McDonalds
>watch the weight just fall off

get out

How many calories are in hot water bro? Bet its like a million.

Looks about right. The size is mostly water.

so many gets in this thread wtf

Well the first thing you did wrong was measure by volume but yea you look about right

kys

*insert here the screencap of the "calorie-chilling" mom*

ITT - food gore

You're a faggot, but that double trips tho

Did you weigh/portion everything?

If that portion of rice comes out to 85g or more, dry, then it's at least 300 calories alone.

Also, without any protein that meal isn't going to last very long.

totally agree just eat icecream all day retards

>Also, without any protein that meal isn't going to last very long.
Yeah, just enough to stimulate the appetite. That's the kind of meal that makes calorie counters break down and call Domino's at 11pm for a large triple-lard supreme.

>555
>000
Checks out.
To add to it, a calorie is a unit of energy, or heat. The colder something is the lass calories it has. You could wait until it's room temperature or go the extra mile and refrigerate it.

>the kind of meal that makes calorie counters...

Only the ones who don't plan. Don't bother with broccoli, chicken, or any proteins.

Pork has been pretty cheap lately.

Is that squash raw? Whats that like?

OP your pic looked like large pasta with chicken parmesan and tomato

i don't know what that is but it's terrifying