>tfw can't buy food for my dog
>tfw can't buy soap to wash myself or my dishes
I can't even get a nice beer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P_hNSf92_NI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just steal it, you're basically already a thief

this

It's supposed to be supplemental, user, not a total care package.

Are you from Portland user?

>complaining about free stuff in a first world country
Kys

...right? I really hope it is.

Well, if he is a total poorfag, it can be frustrating to have to use all your income on bills and rent and shit and then need food stamps for everything else because of those limitations.

THATS MY TAX MONEY YOU FUCK
FUCK YOU WHY DO YOU HAVE A DOG IF YOU CANT EVEN FEED YOURSELF

No, it's not your money. It's the government's money. They own you now.

Fuck you.

I'm curious why you're asking this because I've lived in portland for 6 years and have met many 20-30 year olds who come from rich or middle class families on food stamps who mostly use it on frozen pizza etc...

>tfw actual poorfag growing up and I'm surrounded by this garbage.

why don't you just buy more money

you might have an intolerance to eggs

that's kind of how it starts

try not eating eggs for a few days and see if it clears up

Fuck outta here, moochie mcgee

too bad you can't use SNAP to buy a clue

heh heh, no offense kid

>this xD
>>>/Reddit/

if your welfare isn't going far enough you can always just get a well paying job desu

youtube.com/watch?v=P_hNSf92_NI

Taking a class on food insecurity and we were talking about SNAP today. Thought you might be someone from my class. It just seemed too strange to be talking about it today and to see that picture on here.

Why not just hire the motherfucker and train him? (No pun intended) That's what they used to do with sperg hackers in the 90's and 00's when they got caught breaking into the Pentagon or whatever. Capitalism needs to make a comeback already.

On-topic, SNAP is just fucked IMO. Further limits on who obtains benefits would be nice, but the cost of further vetting candidates (to weed out lazy fuckers) is prohibitive. Abuse of benefits exists, but actually finding/punishing people who abuse SNAP isn't cost-effective. The idiots running the recent crackdown might disagree, but it's true.

What? I'm not OP

You'd think they'd give you a way to buy dog food and basic necessities. There must be something out there you qualify for. Best of luck, user.

Why no soap?

I heard there are people out there who will give you money to buy food and beer, but only in exchange for doing work. It sucks, I know.

I'm disabled and get bux and snap, but I'm working because I need to pay some bills. Op,you're being a bit whiny,you're already on easy mode, what more do you want?

Also mcdonalds and taco bell accept snap, so there you go, gorge away.

the money not being spent on food due to snaps?

SNAP doesn't work because poors can't even comprehend the concept of buying groceries.

I think this guys on to so something

>having so little pride and self-respect that you beg for a handout

I'm glad I'll never know the feeling of being a nigger

I buy food stamps 2:1 all the time, it's great. Really if you can't afford like $50 a month in, judging by OP, paper plates and plastic cutlery, you should just be buying TV dinners anyway.

How do I buy food stamps?

Well, I don't really buy them, I get them from a friend, since apparently living with a kid as a single dad and a $15,000 a year job isn't worth more than $7.36 every month in food stamps.

And occasionally I give him cash for sundries and shit, then buy my kid food for school.

find someone on food stamps and offer them cash for their card. 2:1 is standard ratio, so offer them half the value. use it immediately because they'll go report it as lost or stolen and the card will be cancelled.

I get $28 a month.
It's gone within 1 hour of the stores opening on the 1st of the month.
It feeds me two or three meals total.
I can't work. What did I do to these faggots?

Unless you have like 8 people living in your house, you end up with almost nothing. It's really, really stupid.

Wow, for being unemployed for a month I got something like 6-700$ (over the following 3 months), and haven't paid my heat in over a year (and still have enough excess bonus free gas money to last until next December or so).

My yearly income is $3900 autism bucks after rent and I get $336 per year in food stamps.
It's really shocking to see a disabled person's life in the US.

They're not trying to make you comfortable so you want to live on SNAP forever, just get you through your time of need.

>hot food
Making food is cheaper than buying it prepared, this makes sense.
>dog
If you can't afford to feed yourself you shouldn't be looking after a dog.
>soap
Dish soap is like, what, 3 bucks a bottle? Not much to complain about. Also not food.
>beer
Not a necessity, and generally people don't like buying poor people alcohol with their tax money.

It's $7 to buy a hamburger here and $15 in supplies to make the same one if you want bread, cheese, lettuce and tomato. No food tax.
It USED to be cheaper to cook your food.

where do you live where you can go to the store and buy a single hamburger's worth of any of that?

I used to get $195 a month. Since I couldnt buy cat food I feed my cats tuna chciken and oats.

That $15 in supplies will make you at least 5 decent size hamburgers, whereas the $7 is for one big hamburger.

>Ground bf $2.50/lb
>Lettuce $3 for 3 big romaine hearts
>Onion $1/lb or less
>Tomato $2/lb
>Hamburger buns $2/6pack

That's less than $15 and will easily make you four good size burgers.

Fixing this for my town. It's enough for 3 medium or 4 small burgers.

>Ground bf $3.75/lb
>Lettuce $2.50/1 head
>Onion $1 each
>Tomato $1.80 for 2 very small ones
>Hamburger buns $3.50/6pack

This thread makes USA look like a third world poverty camp.
A far cry from the freedom land of wealth and opportunities that MTV has me believe.

Just off yourself and stop being a leech tbfam

It's a poor fucking hellhole full of disabled people that won't leave the house or interact with anyone because they're so upset that they have to live on $5-10 a day for the next 70 years.

I mean it's fucking miserable here.
Finding a place to live can be a 10 year endeavor. Shopping usually means walking a mile and then hauling shit like gallons of water and the lightest food you can find all the way back. Daily life consists of sitting on the internet while putting as much beer and cigarettes in your body as humanly possible.

Meal time comes once a day if you're lucky and is too little to do anything for you, and 80-90% of all the food you eat has chemical waste in it masquerading as vitamins. This is law.
They stopped putting fluoride in our water but replaced it with chlorine and chloramine. The water smells like a pool.

America is best explained as being more slavic than any place on earth.
The TV lied to you.

It's not about how cheap it is, it's to keep people from blowing their whole allotment of food stamps on McDonald's.

Meh, you're only describing poor Ville Flyover. Sure, the Midwest is a shitty dustbowl chock full of retarded Trumpy Dumpy white trash scum. But remember - this is why we are getting rid of the Department of Education at the end of 2018!
In brief, the Midwest will get a lot worse. Children won't have access to free public schools because the for-profit charter schools are MUCH too far from their pastoral residence in Shit Towne, Oklahoma.
My best advice? Move to a LARGE city on the West Coast! Weed & free money as far as the eye can see (due to COL increase!!).
Anyways, happy hunting in the mysterious fucked up thing we call life :)

Are you made of dirt, sticks and rocks?
Mcdonalds is FAR FAR FAR cheaper than any other option, and taco bell is very close.
I would fucking kill to have access to literal shit tons of food for $200 a month.

I'm skinny as fuck and I spend $400 a month to eat one meal every three days.
All you people in these threads don't actually seem to live in america.

i used to work in a grocery store years ago, I used to hate dealing with people on foodstamps, nobody told me how to run the cards differently than credit cards or what these faggots are allowed to buy, they just stuck me in the deli and magically expected me to know all of that. id never used a cash register in my life. Youd think they would tell people on gibsmedat government programs they cant buy prepared food, but I guess not because they would all try to order fried chicken and ribs from the deli and get angry when their card would get rejected when I tried 4 times to run it. These were mostly niggers, obviously. Why in the fuck would you even spend the money you "need" so badly on overpriced shitty prepared food from a deli anyway? Holy shit you niggers are worthless. you can buy food for one person for a dollar a day. How can an able bodied person even pretend to not be able to do that??
The national guard should be deployed to all major cities and Trump should just gas all food stamp programs then order the soldiers to shoot as soon as the niggers start chimping out. Because we all know niggers and illegals have plently of strength to loot and raze gas stations for 40s and lotto tickets, but somehow cant be bothered to lift a finger to feed their ugly ass kids.
Actual poor disabled people could just be fed by churches and food banks and anyone that gives a fuck, so its not like anyone would actually starve to death, then we would have an excuse to exterminate millions of useless eaters. Its nothing but a net gain.

holy shit youre a retarded faggot. He was trolling. Anyone in the US can survive on a few dollars a day and stay healthy.
>free money
kill yourself

I'm not saying it's not cheap, but the limitations are mostly about making them unappealing to rely on long-term, not making them efficient.
They want you on beans and rice diet, and if you want anything better, you gotta get off of food stamps.

ya but they never taste as good as when u go out to eat

They ought to taste better than when you go out to eat. If they don't then there's something very wrong. I suggest watching cooking videos and/or reading cookbooks to find out what mistakes you're making.

It automatically rejects hot food and some other shit.
And Obama already razed it. If you're a lone, disabled white man with no hope of ever being able to work, and you pay $400 in rent per month, you got $240 two years ago, but today you get $28 a month.
If you're a nigger or an immigrant who pays no rent and has no living expenses, no dependants, no wife and no family, lives alone, I believe you still get $240 a month.

Is that not "razed" enough for you?
Maybe we should treat people equally.
Change is definitely at hand because trump doesn't deal with immigrant shit and disabled Americans are starving every fucking day of their lives because king nigger put them in a food stamp headlock.

I get $1 a day for 336/365 days a year.
I suppose I'll go eat a raw onion for din din my friend. Thanks for suggesting to me how easy it is to eat one raw vegetable per day until I die of foolishness and entitlement.

I have a wife and a 4 year old son we get $348 a month in SNAP and I feed all three of us pretty easily including making packed lunches for her every day. Sometimes we run out the last week of the month and my son has to give up his soy milk and bolthouse multi-v for regular milk, apple juice and multivitamins while we all eat stuff from the canned goods stash and freezer but if you can't feed yourself for a month off $400 worth of groceries you need to learn something about shopping.

One thing you can buy on food stamps that is relatively unknown and massively underrated is edible plant seedlings and seeds. If you can do a small garden (or even just a couple of planter boxes), you can grow a surprising amount of food.

If you can't afford a kid, you need to learn something about birth control.

It depends on area. Food deserts are a real thing.

I find the restaurants make higher quality stuff than what I can get here because they have good sources for angus and vegetables and the only beef/lettuce/tomato I can buy here travels across 25 states.
They just source from the city 30 minutes away, but I can't get there so naturally they have better stuff than mine.
They kind of have to. There was a new restaurant I literally destroyed when I saw the owner walk to the dollar store across the street to buy more hotdogs and boil them in a crockpot. She was open 1 year. We also had a boil order and the fire dept was giving away 24 packs of bottled water, she got 3 of them and I watched her drive them 60 feet to her restaurant and load them into the fridge for sale.
But the hot dogs really did the trick once I told a couple kids not to go there and pay $26 for a 8 pack of Bar-S hot dogs.

Fucking nigger.

We could afford it without the SNAP but it's nice to use our actual cash budget to for example own and maintain three cars and make a house payment. I'm not about to sacrifice that or knowing our son gets good balanced nutrition and health care just for some sense of pride. We'd be foolish not to take advantage of programs we qualify for.

This isn't really about that though it's about what you can buy at what food budget. $400 a month is plenty.

That's pretty cool, I can just use cash but this year I'm definitely going for 15-20 varied vegetable and a poinsettia, a pineapple and a mirabilis. Don't really like flowers but these ones are really simple to get thriving.

Did I not just tell you that you can be autistic as fuck, nonverbal, blind, retarded or physically unabled to move and pay 55% of your income in rent and you still only get $28 a month?

We're not all fucking spoiled manchildren dude.
I get 17-18 $1 jugs of water a month anyways.

So your just trolling, okay McMansion user.

I honestly have a hard time believing that as I've never seen one. A person may need to drive to be able to get food in their budget. I have to go to the bigger city to get certain things I consider a staple for good cooking but I buy them in quantity

We're white as the driven snow we even both have bachelor degrees we just live in a depressed area and we don't want to move away from our roots.

Haha whoa! Is this how you usually talk to someone who just gave you the best advice you've ever had in your tiny little shitty Midwestern life?
I know your current dilemma. Hell, we all do! Your face is not your own. I really hope you make it out there!!

All of you fucking losers are on food stamps? Srsly I wish we could just let you starve.

I remember the last time I saw a guy and his girlfriend buying snacks and I asked them how it feels to be subhuman bums? They didn't say anything, just looked at the floor.

I hate poor leeching bums.

That wasn't me.
I do not believe or support the idea that anyone can survive on one raw onion's budget per day for their entire life.

I am not an ogre.

>and we don't want to move away from our roots.

Have you considered that this silly decision is actively fucking you over?

Uhhhhh you are clearly the person I quoted..... why else would you respond to a post...... you are assuming that I believe you are the originator of this thread, but I never made this claim..... your assumptive nature will be your downfall!
I really hope that you understand that last sentence. Say it with me: You assumptive nature will be your downfall.

No, I am not an ogre.
Nor am I the blatantly obvious pissed off 14 year old on a snow day yelling at you because he wanted to tab out of Facebook and pretend to be a troll for four minutes.

>Buhhhh
>Buhhhhh buhhh
>Fuuuhhhh
>Buhhh buhhhhhhhh
>Buhhhhhhhh
This is pretty much your level of discourse. Why do you think that we all believe you to be an ogre? Was it Mommy or Daddy that hurt you so bad? Did they make you into the Ogre?
Or is the ogre simply a metaphor for how you feel about yourself? Ogres are far removed from society, perpetually lonely, always yearning for something that it will never had.....
You have such a sad life, and I feel sorry for you. My empathy is as deep as Mummy's cunt.

I AM NOT AN OGRE STOP
I CAN NOT SURVIVE ON AN ONION A DAY
THIS IS MADNESS

You will die poor, alone, sad, and hungry :)

Bullshit.

It's not. We live quite comfortably and are able to continue contributing to our community thanks to the assistance programs. Without them, everyone would just move away even eventually the wealthy city people who live here because of the low index and pay the lion's share of the local taxes since they would have no one to flip their burgers or bag their groceries... Although I guess maybe the lowest class couldn't afford to move. We would probably take a pretty big hit on our mortgage if we moved too though.

WHAT DO I LOOK LIKE TO YOU?
AN OGRE?

Can someone offer up an explanation for why they can't work?

It's because you don't believe

Wikipedia says snap provides an average of 125 a month per person on food assistance sooo who's lyin?

SNAP is specifically supplemental. A lot of people on it have jobs, just really shitty ones. You'll see stuff like people having to use their whole or most of their income to pay their rent and bills and then not have any money for food.
And then there's the fact that mentally and/or physically disabled people that cannot hold down a job exist and deserve to eat too.

What do you mean?

I want someone from.this thread who said they can't work to explain why they can't work. I fully expect that a large portion of recipients supplement their other assistance with snap. I got a job, went to school, had roommates, lived off of pasta and eggs and tuna. I want to know why these losers can't.

You do understand that a lot of people on SNAP have jobs, right?
If your household was low-income, you could have applied and probably gotten it too. I don't understand your issue.

Most of us can but get refused every single job in our areas.
Once you get an autism diagnosis the hiring company has ways to find out and immediately throws you out.
There aren't any leech niggers on Veeky Forums man. We're just autists that get refused 15 jobs a month.
This isn't a unemployment tier job search, it's just a diagnosis and a general disagreement with the disability, and once you get that psych eval your life could be over and 55% of your income will go to having a house to live in.

Every person on earth would be mad to lose 55% of their income on housing and then have to survive on $28 a month for their food.
But that's every day for us. All we did was talk to a psychologist.
We look for work but there's such a stigma that you're 15-20x more likely to get hired if you have downs. And we're fully functional, focused, hard workers that don't spend an entire 24 hours a week talking to retards or coworkers on Facebook.
It's actually stupid as fuck to not hire autists because of the prevalent ocd, cleanliness, focus and refusal to chatter.
I can't even get people to let me mow their lawns, and haven't for 3 years. And I can even repair the fucking mowers.
I don't know my friend. We want work, we want to not miss 9/10 meals and we want to have money, but it's become unfathomably difficult.
If you aren't a half retarded single mother of four children, you don't get work, even if you're close friends with the people that manage hiring.

I don't know what you mean by losers.
Just replace those words with "people who have been disabled since birth" and see what kind of bandwagon you gather, friend.
I can not fucking go outside from 7am-7pm or I will have a seizure and a 30 minute ride to the hospital.
And I still fucking grovel at people's knees to have a slight opportunity at mowing their lawn and making $15 with a chance of death on top.

Why don't you hire us?
You already dislike us severely so what are you going to do when we sign up?
Hire us?

People claiming to get 28 bucks a month.

So did you fail math or something?
The AVERAGE is 125 dollars a month. Some people get more, some people get less. It averages out to 125, not everyone gets 125.

You mow lawns at night?

I don't believe it would range that widely from individual to individual. Household to household sure.

Household is the individual. The whole household gets their benefits together and how much you get is partially based on total overall income and number of household members.

No. It specifically says "per person"

where the fuck do you buy your produce, holy shit

No I wear a hat and a hoodie if I go outside during summer.
Not a claim. Not at fucking all.
The automated hotline doesn't state payment amounts or I'd record it for you and give you the link.
Let me see if I can get on the site and sell reality to you, just have to put up a new account.

Well, that's the average, but it does indeed vary that much. There's a lot of factors that go into it and the government doesn't want to shell out a single cent more than they have to.

Maybe wearing a hoodie and hat in the summer is why people don't want you mowing their lawn. Or maybe try to get a night job. Casinos are a good bet. If 28 free bux a month isn't enough then fucking do something about it and feed yourself.

I have relatives in the local welfare office, and I can tell you right now at least 3/4 employees there have no fucking clue what they're doing or just don't care, and nobody can fire them.

>pay taxes your whole working life, paying into various social welfare programs
>pride keeps you from using SNAP/food assistance when you need it
>but you'll still take unemployment, disability, social security, or medicare

Why is this the typical American attitude?

It's not the government pal. It's taxpaying citizens like me. I also give to united way every week. I'd gladly teach you how to make a simple bolongese so you can eat for a week off 10 bucks.

It's the government's money at that point though. If SNAP didn't exist, we wouldn't get taxed less, it would just go to something else.

I give up. You're a pathetic loser and until you decide to better yourself you'll be in the position you're in. Hope it works out for you but I doubt it will. Good luck, kid.

The alternative?
There is one grocery store, a gas station and a family dollar.
In redneckville where disability is worse than being a nigger.
You should know all about this considering your demeanor towards people born with disabilities.

Who the fuck is off limits for you?
Not many people injure themselves after birth and then claim ssi.
Fuck you can break a fucking bone and get $1200 a month for life. What the fuck did we do wrong?
Suck up $3600 a year and starve and go homeless and struggle to survive?

Fuck you spoiled kid. You don't know anything about life.
Go eat a stromboli and hate on people who can't work on another board.
I suggest /po/. It should be right about your speed.