I'm trying to make chocolate frosting

I'm trying to make chocolate frosting
What the fuck did I do wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qbk7dOlDCgY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can you start by telling us what you put in it?

1/2 cup butter or margarine
2/3 cup baking cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Did you cream the butter and powdered sugar for long enough?

no, i microwaved the butter & milk until they were boiling

You melted the butter...

>volumetric measurements for compressible substances
This is what the fuck you did wrong.

Fucking what
Fucking why

I didn't do that
I did melt the butter

>What the fuck did I do wrong
you microwaved the butter and milk. thats pretty funny thanks for the laugh

Ahahaha

Don't melt the butter. What you want to do is just leave the butter on the counter for maybe 10 minutes and then put it in the mixer with the powdered sugar.

Why did you microwave the butter and milk?

Not me

Did you mix the cocoa and butter well before adding the milk?

Any way, the cocoa doesn't want to go into solution at this point. Try warming it up a bit.

you should of watched a video first. use room temp butter next go

You can probably salvage it with more powdered sugar but melting the butter (and the milk? what?) means your frosting is pretty much donezo.

10 minutes isn't going to do anything if the butter is straight out of the fridge. you should let it sit out at least an hour.

store bought frosting does wonders

>buying something that can be homemade within 5 minutes

>fucked up
>ran out of ingredients
>probably would fuck up again

Lol i have never shit my self on this board how the fuck does someone making frosting melt the butter why is there even milk in this shit...

youtube.com/watch?v=Qbk7dOlDCgY
Check out this video. It's idiotproof.

HOLY FUCK

You were born

well, for starters you decided to make the tubbyl custard machine instead

> mfw its 45F in his house because he doesnt have heat

> butter wont soften on his 5 celcius countertop

You tried...

Try again.

OP never EVER use margarine in butter-creams. Because of it's low saturated fat ratio it breaks down to liquid at room temperature too easily. I say this because I tried to do that once and came up with the same result as you have in your picture (I ended spooning it over the cake slices like a glaze and it worked out but still).

If you are looking for alternatives to butter I would try coconut butter, cashew/almond butter, or ripened mashed avocados.

If the idea of using shortening isn't disgusting to you there is also Earth Balance Buttery Baking sticks (MAKE SURE YOU BUY THE STICKS NOT THE TUB).

The first time I made my own proper frosting I finally realized why the good bakery cakes tasted so much better than the ones I made from the box & can. It such a night and day difference I'll never go back.