Bone-in fried chicken

>bone-in fried chicken
>still slightly undercooked inside even when thawed for hours before frying and using a thermometer to check the oil temperature

>boneless fried chicken
>comes out perfectly every time

How the FUCK does KFC do this perfectly while I fucking struggle with it? I always have to fucking finish my fried chicken in the oven unless it's boneless.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oWwxO9MP10I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they use pressure fryers that you don't have access to. Fry at 320F for dark meat for about 20 minutes. Only use "Fryer" size chickens (2.5-3lbs)

learn how to fucking cook? also a fucking oil thermometer helps, einstein.

>and using a thermometer to check the oil temperature
He is.

also OP, I'm assuming when you meant 'thawed for hours" you mean in the fridge. this is wrong. Temper your chicken on the counter for 3 or 4 hours. cold chicken takes longer to cook.

Hurr durr look at me I'm being a retard and ignoring rule 3.

Fuck off and go back to school.

You probably double dredged. Its either marinade ie buttermilk or pickle juice. Then coat in flour then fry. A tip for extra crust is to let chicken sit in flour until there is no more flour spots 20-30 mins dredge in flour again then fry.

But you cant wet dredge dry dredge wet dredge dry dredge fry crust will be so thick chicken wont cook.

The only caveat is a quick pickle juice brine shake off then into flour dredge into buttermilk dredge into flour dredge. Pickle juice is thin so it doesnt form a thick crust.

>crust will be so thick chicken wont cook.
This is so full of shit. Fried chicken is actually steamed chicken encased in a floured shell.

this isn't fucking rocket science numbnuts. let if cook longer. if you're burning your crust before the inside gets cooked, then woop woop your oil temp is too fucking high. holy fucking shit, use some goddamn critical thinking.

>they use pressure fryers that you don't have access to.
This. Pressure fryer gives even result more quickly than you could possibly get at home.

Thaw overnight, also watch this:
youtu.be/oWwxO9MP10I

Whoa interesting. I didn't know there was such a thing as a pressure fryer.

Bake in oven first, then fry

>boneless fried chicken
That's called a chicken nugget you 12 year old

No, chicken nuggets are fabricated from minced pieces. Just because it's boneless doesn't mean it's a nugget. You wouldn't call a chicken schnitzel a "nugget" nor would you call chicken fingers a nuggets.

>I'll take one chicken nugget, please

>I always have to fucking finish my fried chicken in the oven unless it's boneless.

You probably think a little pinkness next to the bone counts as "undercooked" like most germaphobe chefs these days. That purple-pink tinge on the bone is not meat, it's pigmentation from bone marrow and entirely safe for your consumption. Chicken bones are porous and leak their internals out onto the meat during cooking. Myoglobin can also be present and stain the meat pink without signifying undercookedness.

In truth, the color of the meat means NOTHING in terms of doneness and you should ALWAYS be using a meat thermometer to determine whether or not meat is fully cooked.

Yet another reason to avoid supermarket chickens.

I actually find that its better that way. The thigh and leg meat gets more tender the closer it gets to 180F or so.

>Implying simple chemistry does not happen to all chickens

Do you seriously think you've bred chickens without BONE MARROW?

deep fry chicken w/o batter/crust untill half cooked
take chicken out of deep fryer
dip chicken in batter/crust
put chickens back into deep fryer. cook normally

If that's what you think I implied from that post then you're an idiot.

If you're see that color near the bone then it means the chicken was too young for market. Older chickens have more calcified bones and thus do not leak that shit and thus are more appetizing and flavorful.

>implying my local rancher doesn't sell young chickens

Quit shilling.

>too young = young
no. If your rancher is selling underdeveloped chickens then find a new rancher. Older birds are more flavorful and don't piss out that disgusting congealed myoglobin.

Join the master race
>sous vide the chicken parts
>dredge
>flash fry

Enjoy lightly fried chicken with the delicate crisp of calamari, yet still fully cooked

>sous vide
>master race
lolno

If it's about to burn on the outside but still undercooked on the inside your oil is too hot. Try cooking at 300 instead of 425.