Cook/Drink Along Thread

Leftover Roast Chicken and Sweet Potato Hash.

Come on in guys and get comfy. Let's cool together or cool something entirely different and post it in here.

Pic related currently drinking.

Rolling Rock is ok, I guess
Not a bad can

I'm having some rum and coke, myself
Had some pork tenderloin and fingerling potatoes for dinner
Nothing like drinkin and eatin

Yea i don't really mind it. Use to be able to buy an 18 pack for 10 bucks at winn dixie. A little too sweet though for me.

How did you cook the pork? I'm currently dicing the sweet potatoes. Will post pic in a min

Shit, that's cheap
America has cheap ass beer
Once you cross the Northern border shit is so much more
A dollar a beer is like the lowest you can do

I oven roasted it
Turned out real nice

yea I have canadian friends who have told me similar stories.

>Canadian friends
Nigga I'm Canadian and even I'm not that desperate for friends!

On the other hand, while shit is more expensive, we got some real good craft/semi-craft

Leaving skin on because I like it. Gonna try and cube it up

lol they were exchange students. I didn't seek them out.

Skin is where they say has the good nutrients

All cubed up

Sweet tater mash is great
Goes soft much faster than regular taters.

30 racks of Rolling Rock for 14 bucks was college life for me.

Jesus Christ America
I'd probably be dead now if I lived there

Onions next

it's funny because they market it with shit beers like busch and natty. RR is a drastically better beer.

I fucking love onions

People always make fun of cheap beer by calling it water, but RR actually tasted like water in a pleasant way to me.

Ma nigga.

>What I am drinking right now
>A beer so good that if jesus were to come back to life the first thing he'd say is Bring Me A Cold One, Blue Mountain!

Garlic now. R8 my dice guys. Knife is kinda dull

>tfw $40 for a 30 rack of Pabst blue ribbon in the land of leaves
Just kill me now

>Coors Light

Now the mushrooms

Not that bad desu. I've seen the price of bee in NB in ON and these guys are getting raped big time.
I think the worst I have seen is in NS. I went to visit the Alexander Keiths brewery and AT THE BREWERY ITSELF a 12 pack was 22$.
I mean wtf a 12 pack is 14.99$ at the corner store where in QC .

Getting good user. Keep us updated.

And finally some left over roast chicken I pulled off the bones

Keep the bones on next time and pick off the meat once it's done cooking

I live in Montreal and while our beer prices are pretty atrocious, the quality can't be matched
Even a small dep will have some regional shit

Prices are not that high compared to our nearest canadian friends and yes you are right even the smallest dep will have some.microbrewrie stuff.

T. Québec city resident.

I roasted in the day before, this was just some of the meat I had pulled off. Will do next time.

Here's the potatoes in the pan with some butter. Only cool them halfway through or they get too soft.

Adding everyone to the party

Good.

you might have an intolerance to eggs

that's kind of how it starts

try not eating eggs for a few days and see if it clears up

I honestly found RR to be one of the worst beers consistently.

PBR is mediocre sober but the more drunk you are the better it gets
Busch/Natty are like drinking water at first but get worse the drunker you are
RR was consistently disgusting both sober and drunk

All mixed up.

Season how you see fit here. I used some recent hickory smoked sea salt and some smoked hot paprika I got from the spice store the other day.

I would highly recommend both.

Bacon or pancetta would also do well but you would have to saute that before the sweet potatoes.

Lower the heat. I chopped up some cilantro and grated some Vermont cheddar.

Once all cooked through, make a few wells in the hash and drop in some eggs. Put to the lowest setting and cover. Cook until yolks are runny but whites are cooked.

Cover with cilantro, a dash of cayenne and cheese.

Next photo will be money shot.

WA LA

shitty photo but this was honestly delicious. Not bad for winging it. The smoked sea salt definitely takes it somewhere.

Use something smoky in here if you end up making it.

Oops here's photo

I agree with this post.

Miller Low-Life forever.

there is nothing worse than a miller low life shit the next day

Looks tasty user.
Great work/post.

>WA LA
Triggered

True, but I don't have to worry my hemorrhoids with the hot wings and Little Caesars hot Play-Doh dump when Low-Life clears it out in one foamy holocaust.

it's a meme my dude
W
L A

thanks! definitely worth giving a shot.

hashes are such a great way to use up leftovers.

Drinking grain belt nordeast and making udon
Probably pack a bowl and watch some standup after

Cheap beer here is sold in $15 30-packs, $.50 cent per 12oz can. It's got higher abv too like 6.9% alcohol. Americans don't fuck around when it comes to getting drunk. We can sell you a $1 burger and a 50cent beer.

brb immigrating
I have blond hair and blue eyes
Let me in, mein Fuhrer

Where i went to college in florida they had nickel beer night. You could get fucking trashed for 50 cents.

Local bar had sink or swim all you could drink for 10 bucks from 9-12 on saturday nights

I can't believe you guys actually like getting smashed on cheap beer. So many calories and you're only getting like 5% ABV.

Jesus Christ I'd be so fucking fat

Hey I said it's cheap I didn't say it's good. Taste is every bit as bad as you'd expect from brands with nicknames like The Beast. Stuff's produced like an endless well of bitter grainy fermented water for all the broke drunks in our great nation.

It's like a 170cal for 7% alcohol beer. That's not too bad. Liquor's a little better obviously but that shit will kill you.

If you're willing to drink low% beers they can be like, only 40cal. Diet beers.

I think the calorie to abv ratio is better for cheap beer than heavy darker beers, but I could be wrong

>Liquor's a little better obviously but that shit will kill you
Wot
They both alcohol m8

>al/ck/ here, well borderline

but liquor is easier to lose control on. I can drink a bunch of beer and if I stick to it i'm fine. Crack out the liquor and I'm done for.

Looks good op

Sweet so I only have to drink an entire days worth of calories to get drunk.