Is there a better barebones low effort full meal than rice and lentils? It's an even more low effort rice and beans...

Is there a better barebones low effort full meal than rice and lentils? It's an even more low effort rice and beans, the lentils finish at the same time as the rice.

yeah, your mom's blowjobs

how does one eat someone else's blowjob?

cumswapping

right, makes sense. thanks for clearing that up for me.

why lentils?

(You)
Happy?

>the lentils finish at the same time as the rice.

it's nutritionally complete when paired with rice
Cooks just as fast as rice, can be prepared with the rice.

It's just more convenient that other pairings like rice and beans.

A bit.

Add some chicken broth, vegetables and spices to make it a soup. Plus sausage or chicken if you have. Spicy is good. You can make filling lunch for a week.

So would it work if I throw in some rice and lentils in my rice cooker?

It's hard to get more low effort, but there are other dishes that are similarly simple that I like. "Full meal" is rather subjective. If you're talking complementary proteins, it's time to throw out the '70s diet books. :-)

I'm thinking oatmeal, with some walnuts and berries or chopped fruit. Or instant ramen, with some chopped tofu and a veggie or two. Or guacamole and chips. (Ok that's a little more cutting/chopping, but it's ready a lot faster). Or eggs and toast.

Though for seconds of actual prep time, lentils and rice cooked together in a rice cooker, with auto-shutoff, probably beat everything. Like if I were standing in my kitchen, I could probably get have it started in 20 seconds, go shitpost on Veeky Forums for a half hour, and it would be ready to eat. (In practice I typically add some veggies and herbs while cooking, and oil and lemon afterward...or if I'm cooking for company, I cook the lentils and rice separately to get the textures right, and add some fried garlic and caramelized onions).

If you do that, buy canned lentils. They are already soft. You cannot just toss dry lentils in with rice and expect them to cook in the same time.

>So would it work if I throw in some rice and lentils in my rice cooker?

Yes. If you don't monitor for when it's nearing done, the very bottom will have a layer of rice browned and stuck to it, but whatever. The lentils will probably be mushier than you'd want, especially with brown rice. But it works. I used to do this regularly when I was playing video games and didn't want to wait in the kitchen or worry about the timing.

No way dude, I've done this a lot, using normal $1/pound pleb-tier brown lentils and normal $1/pound pleb-tier brown rice, in a pleb-tier $10 rice cooker. If anything, the lentils are overdone relative to the rice.

Do you use stock or plain water? Do the veggies go in at the same time?

>brown rice

Well no shit then, that takes about double the time of regular rice.

Zatarains or Mahatma red beans & rice and smoked kielbasa or andouille

Plain water, sometimes I'll toss in a bouillon cube or equivalent concentrate. Veggies go in at the same time...I typically use carrots, celery, greens and such. I'm not confident normal potatoes would be cooked enough.

lentils and bread is better than rice and lentils.

you just make a sandwich out of lentils?