What's the best asian cuisine and why is it indian food?

what's the best asian cuisine and why is it indian food?

Indian's great, though even in that there's a huge variety of regional variations. But it's the aromatics and spices that definitely make Indian food both pungent and delicious.

I'm also a big fan of Thai food for the intense flavor profiles.

Variety of spices and the special shit shakers they put on the table in place of the salt.

I'd probably go with Iranian food.

Imma give it to Thailand

Their flavor combinations are really simple and logical, so even subpar Thai food is good and great Thai food is excellent
Pad thai fags should prolly neck themselves though

>Pad thai fags should prolly neck themselves though
Why? Is there something wrong with it?

Joking more than anything.
Pad thai can be great, but at that point it's like ordering a really good cheeseburger in a great Mexican food restaurant

You didn't choose poorly, but you still chose wrong

I don't think it's the best Asian food, and I won't eat it if an Indian cooked it.

I need to convince my indian friend to let me eat his mom's curry.

Indian food is disgusting, just like the people

Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Thai are GOAT.

What's your favorite dish

I like Japanese food but for some reason it's always three times more expensive than Chinese food, at least when you eat out
>bowl of rice in a Chinese place
$1.
>bowl of rice in a Japanese place
$5.
It's the same fucking bowl of white rice.

the chinese buy their rice in bulk from the local restaurant supply and the japs insist on flying rice all the way from home because muh tradishun muh heritage muh terroir (Thank you, France, for unleashing this particular brand of culinary cancer onto the world)

It's not even special rice. Like there ARE special types of rice in the world but it's just normal fucking white rice.

It doesn't matter to these people. The crop itself is irrelevant, they think the fucking soil and the spirit of their ancestors makes even white rice taste the shit because it was grown in a certain area. These retards do this shit with all types of foodstuffs, especially grape wine but it's been slowly infecting every other variety of agricultural product since and now we have special white rice grown underneath a Japanese volcano for $5 a bowl.

as i said France is to blame for this.

dumbass

Come on nigger you can't think that the same fucking bowl of rice should cost five times more in a Japanese resturant
It's not even something like sashimi where I can understand how most of the cost comes from someone who knows how to make it and whatnot
I could literally have the same rice next door.

I don't know about Japanese rice but your generalization that terroir never matters at all is rather stupid, especially with wine. Climate and soil can make a huge difference.

I'm not him.

I love a good chicken curry, but my favorite kind is tikka marsala. I feel like a bit of a curry poseur.

*masala

This. Am indian and would say thai food. Perfect combinations of flavours and cooking styles. Vietnamess also v good.

Yum Woon Sen

Very bright and limey, light but substantial
Also, like all Thai food, takes well to handling an assload of chiles

I think we can all agree that, for its small size, Thailand definitely has the best food per capita. Probably tied with only Italy in the world.

There is an easy fix! Stop ordering sides of rice, your thighs will thank you.

I'm a fan of Malaysian cuisine because laksa is the shit.

Japanese >= Northern Chinese = Southern Chinese > Vietnamese = Filipino = Korean > Western Chinese > Levantine > Persian > Indian
Rice can differ in taste and texture, but mostly with texture.

I'm Chinese user, I know about the trillion different types of rice. The thing is, the Japanese rice wasn't one of the special types like the sticky or crumbly or whatever types. It was normal rice.

Anyone have Laotian food before? Which dish is the best for starters?

Kra prao is my jam

>Northern Chinese = Southern Chinese
What world are you living in.

Honestly Indian food is underrated. I don't know if I'd trust some random Street person in India to make it, but I have an Indian friend here and she is clean. It's my favourite Asian food. Thai food is good but it's not as good as Indian food in my opinion

chinese,viet,japan,thai better imo

>I'm Chinese user, I know about the trillion different types of rice
>like the sticky or crumbly or whatever types

How do you expect me to know the English name for them t b h

Nope, thai food is meiocre

You have the most godawful taste I've ever seen.

Shanghinese is the best asian Cuisine.

Top Tier:
Shanghinese
Japanese
Vietnamese

Good tier:
Xi'anese
Cantonese
Thai

Consistently OK nothing special tier
Indian
Middle Eastern

Good home cooking but unfortunately shitty restaurants tier:
Korean
Filipino

Crap tier:
Americanized Chinese

In essence:
>Neither the climate or weather affect the flavor of crops in any noticeable way.

This is distilled autism boys. What this man is claiming by saying this that there is no difference between the sparkling wine made in Italy, California, and Champagne because the only thing that matters is what kind of seed you put in the ground.

These posts are the most retarded posts that I have ever read while browsing Veeky Forums. You would either have to be lying or have a disability to believe that the environment in which some food is grown does not have an effect on the flavor of that food.

I'm not the guy who made the top post.

Good taste my friend

Poo in loo ragu'.

All these people not saying Indonesian and Malaysian food.

Plebs.