Curry general

Curry general.

Which curry is best curry?
How do you prepare your curry?
Thick or thin sauce?

Thai curry masterrace reporting in. Can anything even compete?

>not wiping your ass with your hand before you make curry

How can Thai curry even compete with Indian? Feces=flavor

Steph >> Seth

I like Indian or even Chinese/Japanese curries more than Thai. Thai ones are almost always soupier and contain coconut or another sweet element that I'm not a huge fan of.

I'll usually do a quick Chinese takeout style yellow curry stir fry:
Ingredients
>4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs thinly sliced
>1 white onion, halved lengthwise then cut into thick petals or wedges and layers seperated
>2 cloves of garlic minced
>grated fresh ginger
>soy sauce to taste
>red pepper to taste
>2 1/2 tbs yellow curry powder
>salt
>2 tbs cornstarch dissolved in ~2 cups water
And whatever veg I have laying around that fits, like carrot, snap peas, broccoli or bell pepper.

Season and cook the chicken in a neutral oil until 90% done, then add the onions and veg and stir fry on high heat. Add garlic & ginger, curry and red pepper. Cook for a minute or two, then soy and finish with the starch in water to thicken your gravy a bit.

Whole thing's done in like 3 minutes and is especially simple when you can't be bothered cooking your own rice and you just pick some up from the Chinese take out down the street.

While I love curry of all kinds, Thai is definitely the best IMO. I don't have one particular favorite, I gravitate between green, panang, and kang kuah. I probably order green more than the others, though. I like it's fresh flavors and the spiciness.
But curry in general, has always been delicious to me. My southern mom made shrimp curry (british style) all the time while I was growing up, I think I was the only kid in our small town that loved curry back then. Indian (I like southern Indian curries a little more than northern, but both are excellent), Japanese curry, British curry, Indo curries, Burmese curry, Malay curry, Chinese curry, I'll eat them all.

Japanese katsu kare

Masala curry

thai curry is meme curry.

Ccomparing apples to apples (coconut milk, etc.) curry from Goa or Kerala would give Thai a run for its money wouldn't say they're better but damn good

I sautee a whole diced onion, throw in freshly caught shrimp and cook the water out of the shrimp. Once the shrimp is done I put in one can of stewed tomatoes and chop them up into quarters with a spoon then I put in a can of coconut milk. I stir up the whole concoction a bit then add my desired amount of curry, salt, and pepper. Seriously the best curry I have ever eaten.

Vindaloo, lamb or beef

i like indian curries more. i dont think ive had thai curry.

i really like thicker curries. chicken curry is probably my favorite but i havent explored all the vast realms of curry yet.

Thai's hand wipe too faggot

chinese curry isn't actually chinese

Thai green curry is indeed the best. I unironically make the paste from scratch with a blender. Made it once in a mortar, my hand hurt after a while cause the pestle was rather small and I was hammering away for almost 15 mins. It actually came out much better than normal, not sure if it was because of the mortar or something else I did. Guess I have to try again when I find a larger mortar and pestle.

Best curry is my curry

I typically make a tomato based chickpea curry with sweet potato and kale.

If I order at a restaurant, I prefer Thai green curry.

What do you add to the paste?
I've always thought that making the paste yourself is basically unfeasible

What are the ingredients? I have a large mortar and pestle, so I might try it.

there's a mean fucking authentic Indian restaurant near my place, one of the best in sydney imo
lots of regional curries and stuff too
lucknowi khorma, chettinad, hyderabadi biryani
always extremely fresh, full of spice and flavour, not drowned in oil like so many shitty indian takeaways, no fucking around
rice is always super fragrant and fluffy
Probably singlehandedly responsible for making indian my favourite cuisine rn, pics don't really do it justice

shitposting is meme posting

Can you guys hook me up with a proper recipe or technique because I can never achieve the thick consistency and texture I always see in pictures and videos