How dya like your steak?

how dya like your steak?

I like to pan-fry mine in merlot until medium rare - pic related

BBQ,charcoal to start, add apple, cherry and persimmon wood.
Cover, let the smoke mingle.
Flip, repeat.
Rare, medium rare.

Pan, nice, and hot
As much pink as possible
Some 'chup on the side

Well done with ketchup

Don't take the bait

>take steak out of fridge and put it on a plate. generously season with salt and pepper on both sides.
>drizzle some olive oil over the steak and let the steak come to room temperature, about 30-45 minutes
>use a cast iron skillet. Get that fucker SCREAMING hot on the stove (the skillet will literally be smoking)
>put the steak in the pan. 4 minutes. Flip and cook 3 minutes.
>remove steak, lightly tent in foil and let rest for about 5-8 minutes
>enjoy, steak will be medium rare.

If you're feeling extra frisky, deglaze the pan with about 1/2 a cup of red wine, 2tbsp of butter, throw in some garlic and some mushrooms and let that reduce down while your steak is resting for a nice steak topper.

>pan-fry mine in merlot
How do you fry in a liquid?

Not him, but what is the proper term for throwing some liquid in a cooking pan, heating it up and cooking food in it?

being an idiot

Why? Not sure I'd use merlot, but it doesn't sound like a bad way to fix food.

boiling

Braising

poaching

Veeky Forums

Deglazing you fucking retards.

deglazing is removing browned bits from pan with a liquid

mmmhmm OP, that looks so good. Oh baby...., just gettin all moist downstairs looking at that photo

Well done, with plenty of avocado-sriracha jelly.

cooking

>but it doesn't sound like a bad way to fix food.

It's a horrible way to cook food, because as long as there is water in the pan it will never get above the boiling point temperature, 100C. That temperature is too low to brown the food. The temperature would be even lower if there is alcohol present since it's boiling point is even lower than that of water.

Generally you would cook the food with oil or fat (nothing aqueous). Only AFTER the food has been browned do you add the liquid to deglaze the pan & make a sauce.

Looks delicious OP, but why are the best parts cut off and pushed to the side?

Over well done
I want it to taste like im eating my own boot

>olive oil

No, desu, that's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

well done with bbq sauce

>muh smokepoints meme

Then fucking present an argument about why olive oil is bad for cast iron skillet steak or shut the fuck up you dumb faggot. God damn I fucking hate this board sometimes.

Kek

Microwave

u mad bro?

Jesus Christmas every reply is different

Sorry satan, but I suggest you heat olive oil to optimum searing temps and observe. Nothing to do with cast iron, it would take a helluva lot more than hot oil to damage it.
Really refined olive oil is rated to about 250c IIRC, but degradation will occur below that, and why would you use it when you have alternatives far better suited to the task?

I like a lb of rump, cut 1 1/2in thick, seared on a griddle, finished in the oven to rare/medrare
Usually eat with bearnaise, peppercorn, or demi

Medium Rare with A1, Wegman's Tangy Sauce, or Frank's.
Alternatively, on a bagel with a slice of american cheese.

/thread

Broiling

Well done, I just made a great pork steak last night. Pan fried it was cooked all the way through and still nice and juicy and tender. 10/10 would eat again.

this really is the best way, but i put the ketchup in a bowl and mix worcestire sauce in

>medium rare - pic related
more like med well