/bizgames / Simcity 4 thread

Is this game the true king of Construction and management simulation games??

Attached: unnamed.png (256x256, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism_(video_game)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lol no. Try Cities: Skylines.

OpenTTD

I remember SimCity 4 was retarded in the sense of HURR DURR MAJOR BECOME CHOPPER PILOT IN THIS MINIGAME FOR REWARDS

This. The ultimate autism simulator. Nothing will ever come close to OpenTTD.

ayy

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-26_08-11-13.png (133x171, 38K)

I have played it, in fact more than simcity 4 but im still torn

Still cant believe the original was written assembly by one guy

No, Homeworld Cataclysm is.

nigga, rollercoaster tycoon is where its at

C:S is close, really close to SC4. Visually, it's far superior, but the management of the economy isn't. SC4 is more fine-grained in how you micromanage things.

Plus, you need to mod the fuck out of the game, the base game is meh, but if you get the right mods, it's pretty amazing. It's more building than management.

Surviving Mars is WAY better for management, it's flawed right now (like every game now on release), but I think SC4 players will like it more than S:C.

Prison Architect is surprisingly deep, once you get a hang of things.

I like Planet Coaster, but I wouldn't pay full price for it.

Oh, and my one BIG gripe with S:C is how tunnels are handled. It's fucking lame.

anyone here played Capitalism? i heard its great but its so old, so im not sure whether to bother

I played it back in the day. Monopoly tycoon was better.

you need to mod the fuck out of sc4 too.
sc4 is mechanically vigorous. for building an organic, highy detailed city, sc4 is unparallelled.
csl is a modern builder. pick a spot, plonk a city (ie dubai). its main strength is building curvy roads. this sounds trivial, but its not.

played it again recently and just kept getting issues with visitors getting stuck together in clumps and following each other like a train, nothing i did seemed to fix it

Surviving Mars is not better for management at all. You can't micromanage your citizens. Put them in a job and they switch to others. Put restrictions like no children and there are still kids in the dome.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism_(video_game)

>In 1996, Harvard University and Stanford University began using Capitalism for educational purposes. Professor Tom Kosnik said, "Capitalism is a world-class, hands-on learning experience I've used at Stanford School of Engineering and Harvard Business School. Gamers not only learn the subtleties of growing an entrepreneurial business but also learn about leadership and team building necessary in any business situation." [7]

Interesting

It is overrated as hell. They probably only like it because it uses some supply demand curves.

Anno 1404 for maximum hemp growing comfy feels

Is payday 2 a Veeky Forums game? I would assume mot but whats your take on it Veeky Forums ?

Attached: 748DEDB8-FE38-4719-BB82-341DB6A5D9CB.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

gtav

boring ass shooter, very repetitive and at higher difficulty levels the enemies suffer from the "bullet sponge" effect which is just tiresome and not satisfying

all I ever do in GTA V is playing with the stock market.

play with the Network addon mod - NAM.
and a plugin folder full of mods.
japanese bats/mods are god tier
skylines is soulless in comparison

Attached: 新浜市-00.1_月.61229068088 (1).jpg (1024x768, 848K)