Oysters

do you like them?

i fucking love them, i dreamn about them some times even, the texture, the taste
omg heaven

history? why are the considered romantic? why are they considers aphrodisiac?

why do americans put tabasco on them, ? never done that, should i try?

Tabasco is alright, but I prefer straight lemon juice, maybe a little horseradish.

horseradish? really never heard of this before?

i take mine with just lemon, never ventured to try new things, hmm

would horseradish not overpower the delicate taste?

cocktail sauce on top is also decent, I think I enjoy the activity of it more than the actual eating experience though

>gets shell fragments in teeth
FUCKING EVERY TIME

I've seen horseradish served with oysters pretty much anywhere in new england, maybe it's regional? It's good though, definitely overpowers but it's nice itself as a different experience

I love them, raw and cooked.

I ordered some wood smoked oyster rockefellers the other week that were incredible. I've never tried smoked oysters, holy shit is it good.

its completely new to me Danish/French here.

noramlly oysters are on ice or plain with lemon and thats just it, ussually white wine

I love the taste but hate the gooey texture

poverty food that became rare and therefore a meme.

when will people learn that everything they like is garbage?

Typically, horseradish goes better with an Atlantic oyster, as the stronger brine flavor can hold up to the strength of the root. It tends to overpower the delicate sweet flavor of a Pacific oyster.

this is what exactly i felt about brie cheese before i "matured" a bit,

>always loves oysters
>hated creamy cheese
i was a weird child

#OysterLove

oysters in gumbo?

Tabasco is fucking vile dont let their shills fool you

I find that most oysters are a great platform for novel hot sauces, my friend shucks oysters at the bar I work at and he's always pairing different sauces and mignonettes with specific oysters

oysters and mayo

thoughts

the juices nicelely seperatye

Shut the fuck up

why?

mad?

Quite common.

Oysters Pappadeaux and Rockefeller are my favorite

Raw with lemon is the only answer.

I tried them for the first time in Spain and they tasted like straight salt water. am I missing something? I only squeezed a little lemon on them. how can people eat a bunch with them being so salty?

Tabasco and lime for gulf oysters

chew or not to chew?

I've tried a bunch of times, but I just can't do oysters. They taste like shit to me. And I'm not just saying that I don't like the taste, I mean that literally. The taste I get when I eat an oyster reminds me a lot of how shit smells. My guess is that it has to do with that green goo they're full of. That seems to be where most of the flavor comes from; I scraped that out of one once, and I could stand to eat the oyster, since it was almost tasteless.

The situation honestly kind of freaks me out. I wonder if I have some kind of genetic issue that keeps me from being able to like them. The way most people describe oysters, it seems like I must not be tasting them right.

just slurp em up out of the shell

because they look like a punani

Pretty sure they're considered sexual just because they look like pursues. They do contain a lot of zinc, which increases testosterone, but that's not gonna affect libido unless you eat high zinc foods regularly for a while

>pursues
Obviously I meant pussies.

New Orleans taught me to eat them raw, on a saltine and we make a cocktail of Tabasco, lemon juice and horse radish and dab a little on the oyster

Depends on where they came from, they're shucked and served so they don't get washed. Depending on the salinity of the water they're pulled from can drastically alter their taste.

Are they really alive when you eat them?

yeah

Going to LA next week and my bro fucking loves Oysters so I'd like to take him out for oysters and martinis as a thanks for putting me up while I'm there
Any good places? He lives in Ktown but I'd pay to uber anywhere that's not in the valley.

I eat them on oyster crackers but sometimes I feel like the crackers are too small

You're supposed to chew them bruh, they're a food.

I had some mussels in Spain as well that were super salty, it might be something specifically about spanish seawater because oysters are not normally that salty.

mussels and oysters are different.

Yeah I realize that, however they are both bottom feeders the live in the ocean.

They don't have hearts or brains though, they're basically just fleshy plants.

The brain part of an oyster is rudimentary at best, but they definitely have a chambered heart.

love em,

lemon and mignonette

a drop of each

sublime

I like them raw from cold water regions. I couldn't imagine eating those that come from the sewage pit of the Gulf of Mexico raw, however. I will cook with them, although they are inferior.

I live on the coast in the PNW and there are two oyster farms within walking distance. Today I will go for the ones from further up the bay, they have a more mineral taste, suitable for expert oyster fans.

I could eat them every day. They have tons of magnesium and zinc, for good brain function and M A S S I V E loads of jizz.

yesh this thread lot of plebs

oysters are to be had plain with a glass of stout or porter

I like my oyster cooked, especially in pasta. Though japanese style fried oyster is really good.

As for why it's considered an aphrodesiac, I guess that goes down to how Yonic (Pussy-shaped) Oysters can look, plus the idea of sucking something slimy and salty out of an organic vessel. A lot of foods were deemed aphrodisiacs for that reason. Bannanas, Avocados (Called 'testicle fruit' by natives back in the day...)

Had em once
Wasn't impressed

I've had them raw a few times.

Here's how I was taught to eat 'em:
>scrape from shell to buttery cracker
>bit of horseradish on top
>squeeze some lemon juice over
>consume

They're great like this, and I also like them 'neat' without any additions.

However, they're usually expensive, and to me, not worth the price.

I'll always get them if a place is running a special on them.