Does Australian Cuisine actually exist?

Does Australian Cuisine actually exist?
I cant think of many real specifically Australian dishes
I suppose you could say something like a HSP is Australian, but what else

Their delicacy is white bread spread with butter and rainbow sprinkles.

They put bubbles in beer.

Marmite > Vegemite

Nah, fuck off you pom cunt, vegemite fuckin destroys marmite in every single way, marmite looks like thick diarrhea and tastes like shit

>sprinkles
They even have a different name for sprinkles, something dumb like "hundreds and thousands"

Hundreds and thousands is just what we call the tiny dot ones, the cylindrical ones are sprinkles

kys convict

Suck my balls ya snaggletoothed cunt, one side my family came from Jersey during the gold rush, the other from germany after the gold rush, no convict blood at all in me.

Enjoying the weather in England mate? Must be fucking fantastic having nonstop rain and gloomy weather

Our cuisine is very much produce based and basic. Lots of grilled seafood, lamb, salads, olive oil, wine. We became a country in 1901 and every recipe was already invented by then so we don't have any unique to us.

It's snowing today

>Went to Australia to visit a friend who got trapped in a huntsman's nest
>Decided to go on a tour group instead
>We saw all of Australia's famous landmarks
>The Sydney Opera House
>Great Barrier Reef
>Outback Steakhouse
>On our way back the tour bus blew a tire somewhere on i-85
>As the driver got out to inspect the damage, a large, curved metal object sliced his fucking head off
>In the distance we could see 6 maybe 7 figures approaching from the horozion, bouncing
>It was 5 Australian men dressed as The Warriors and a Muslim dressed as an Australian
>All inside the pouch of a kangaroo each
>They stopped for a moment when the Muslim man blew up, but kept approaching us shortly after
>I was the one that their leader addressed
>"Gettaouta my country ya fuckwit"
>They turned and left, hopping away into the distance eating Vegemite and shitposting on /qa/

>HSP
It's an AB

Did you find that funny or just amazed you had the oportunity to use it?

Fuck that mate, I mean we get snow too, we just get it where it doesn't affect anything other than the skiing season.

HSP/AB's are overrated and anyway, it just doesn't taste as good without the veggies and bread

All of which came from 'wogs' that Aussies hated.

Whiteys just tsundere desu

I'm actually pulling for our strayan bros. they've always had our back, up for a good fight, even when the fight wasn't good; they're our cousins and our people. We've exported our special brand of retardation (cf toenail abort), but I hold out hope that they just might be able to shitpost us to salvation, be our dinki di Max Rockatansky
t.americunt

You seppo's are alright, you cunts should take some fighting lessons and get better equipment though, seriously, humvee's and M4's are shit, you guys keep getting stomped and you wonder why.

The only retardation you've really exported here is social justice and BLM, it fuckin shits me so bad when I see a social justice rally or a BLM rally going on in Melbourne

Also Abbott was a Brit, not a yank

Anything to do with American problems in Australia shits me like all the stupid cunts that cared about the US election, people that took a stance on BLM one way or another, the women against trump rally shit.

I mean seriously, where do most of you cunts think we are? We don't suffer from even 0.1% of the same problems as America, least of all should we care about them. Our government could make taking an arse-fucking mandatory every day with a steel dildo and most cunts would be too busy arguing about if Trump pisses sitting down or not.

Fuck man, you would not believe how bad it was when I was still in High School, there was this one kid who almost never stopped talking about America and the rest of the school were almost as obsessed as this guy.

What's even worse is that this school is in one of the most left wing area's in Melbourne and due to that they have a plethora of left wing teachers who are obsessed with America shoving their Americanized left wing agenda down the students throats so nowadays they'd be blabbing on nonstop about BLM, Trump etc in class.

Good post

they look like chicken nuggets

Kanga Bangas

We get that a lot in Canada but at least we're fuckin attached to them and 80% of our pop lives within an hour of the border but why the fuck would you cunts ever talk about them??

Never been to Aus but I've heard Melb is absolute trash and should be avoided anyway.

They are a dry sweet oat buscuit, would not eat chicken nuggets that looked like that.

As far as food goes Melbourne is arguably our best city, the people not so much but if you do visit Aus it should be on a places to visit list.
(I'm not from Melbourne)

Melbourne is a shithole, don't listen to this cunt Just avoid the place all together

Lol this fuckin wanker
All the seafood fell out of the wogs pockets as they stepped across from the boat.
I'm a "wog" btw.

Australia is a safe and spoiled country while America is the opposite, I guess some retards are attracted to that, also the TV shows here are americanized as fuck and shit like McDonalds and KFC are considered 100% Authentic Aussie Takeout.

I see people fantasizing about going to America all the time and actually have commonly argued with people about how Australia has a better quality of life than America (I'm an American living here) to which dumb fucks disagreed with me and I've come to a point where I just nod, agree and tell them chicago is a safe city.

New Zealand

Yes, but it tastes like prison food.

>Never been to Aus but I've heard Melb is absolute trash and should be avoided anyway.
Probably been suckered by sydfag disinformation, as an outsider to their petty shitflinging, Melbourne is pretty solid in terms of food and culture it's pretty solid as a team destination, I think that there's more livable cities though.

as a travel* destination
Also should have put a bit more effort into grammar

WHY

Adelaide has frog cakes and pie floaters.

Some people are really retarded mate, it's mostly the hipsters who obsess over America and all that shit, I don't really get why they're so obsessed either man.

Depends which part of Melbourne so don't listen to either of these clowns We have some pretty good parts and some really shitty parts, obviously the outer suburbs suck, Fitzroy and that general area is full of hipster scum and it fuckin sucks, the northern suburbs like Thornbury etc are ok and the city is alright in some parts, for example our chinatown is pretty fuckin good.

Anyway, it all depends on where you go man, some places are shit and some are good

Any Perthfags here?

I wanna know if living in Perth is terrible because of how fucking isolated it is from literally everyone else in Australia.

My dad lived there for a little bit and said it kinda sucked, there's also a lot of abo's and African immigrants from what I've heard and apparently they're cunts

Currently living north of perth, and yes, it is fucking boring

Mum decided to move here a few years ago from Sydney because she couldnt afford to buy a houe there.

Yeah as someone from neither Sydney or Melbourne, Melbourne is the better city to visit and the better city (of the two) to live in.

Australian food is mostly about good produce and all the good parts of multiculturalism. A lot of mediterranean influence, a lot of south east asian influence, unfortunately an increasing american meme food influence.

Tell me about it man, I used to go to high school in Fitzroy and whenever I tagged along with a friend when they went to get a coffee or some shit I'd look at the cafe's lunch menu and it was memetastic, they were full of things that had bacon, sriracha, guacamole and other meme foods in them.

Thank god there was a good noodle place and a good kebab place up the street and macca's if I was desperate

Perth's wonderful. Having shitty ping to the rest of the world sucks but it's not that bad. Great weather (except this week), great beaches, great nature nearby. Just get a shittier house in a "shittier" area closer to the city center instead of living out in fucking Two Rocks like this guy The city gets exponentially better the closer to the city center you get.

> it was memetastic, they were full of things that had bacon, sriracha, guacamole and other meme foods in them
stop huffing the Veeky Forums fumes and get some fresh air

Thanks lads. I just spent 20 minutes looking at the Wikipedia article on Aussie cities by population size and I'm actually shocked at how many cities Straya has and how fucking huge they are. Also they all look really nice.

Maybe I'm retarded.

Nah, fuck off, I'll huff whatever I want, paint, glue, coke you fuckin name it, I'll fuckin huff it

Hundreds and thousands?

Fuck yeah cunt, I'll huff those little beads of joy till I fucking explode

They are literally the same thing.

Its a brand name

Its like calling Velcro velcro

Marmite is goopier and has a fucked taste

Vegemite is nasty and doesn't spread right.

>fucked taste
I've had both and they are equally awful sludge. Don't try to distinguish them and make yourself feel better.

Lemme guess, you ate a spoonful on it's own like a dumb cunt and whined about how salty it is

>Posting New Zealand inventions

Get real cunt

There isn't much aussie cuisine, unless you include the whole multicultural fusion thing - which i don't think counts. We maybe have pavlova, vegemite. Not much else.

However, central victoria does have this glorious sausage, the Bullboar sausage. Seems native to Newstead, Daylesford, Castlemaine triangle. Basically austrian/italians came, couldn't make their own sausage due to lack of ingredients so used chinese ingredients (due to gold rush migration) and came up with it.

A fucking lovely sausage that is very hard to find outside of that particular region. I love it, will talk about it to whoever is interested,

I'll check it out when I'm over that way next

+1 Shandong Mama in chinatown. Best dumplings in Melbourne by a long shot. Followed by dumplings I make at home using a variation of 'The Only Dumpling Recipe You Will Ever Need' which I highly recommend trying.

Agree on Fitzroy and Northcote being shit. Footscray used to be good but gentrification is happening there too. I remember when the only coffee you could get there was putrid piss at The Bulldog Cafe (god knows how that place stays open) or a plethora of vietnamese coffee.

It's sad what has happened. I prefer Sunshine for western suburbs food now. No hipster cunts ruining shit there.
As far as food goes, I'm from Melbourne and we always got told Melbourne cuisine is the best quality in Australia. Went to Adelaide and the food quality really shocked me, easily superior to Melbourne and I was only going to random restaurants. I mean shit they actually had authentic La Mien (hand pulled noodle).

There is nothing wrong with guacamole or sriracha in the proper context. Faggot foodie place in fitzroy isn't the proper context though

Well worth it. The butcher in Newstead does it best. I recently smuggled 3kg of Bullboars to a mate in Gladstone QLD just cause he missed them

>and shit like McDonalds and KFC are considered 100% Authentic Aussie Takeout.

you might have an intolerance to eggs

that's kind of how it starts

try not eating eggs for a few days and see if it clears up

you might have an intolerance to eggs

that's kind of how it starts

try not eating eggs for a few days and see if it clears up

Huh? I think you posted to the wrong person. I frequently eat egg

No, I didn't reply to the wrong person

Then what do you mean mate?

I mean if you stopped eating eggs perhaps you'd be less of a massive faggot. However, stopping eggs alone won't fix it, you'll also need to find a non homo SJW hipster city to live in.

Man it took you a long time to get to your point mate. You should work on that.

too busy shitposting IRL to invent unique cuisine

You're just a bit slow on the uptake. Probably got a cucumber up your clacker and not concentrating.

Sydfag here

I've been all over the world and Adelaide by far has the best food I've ever had, I was legitimately shocked

Though I am also quite partial to deep dish Chicago pizza - never really understood why anyone called it "pizza pie" before then

Fuck you ya poofta cunt

What foods/places in Adelaide were standout?
I've never been to Adelaide, but maybe its time to go there for a weekend if you're serious.

Basically anywhere on Rundle Street

Australia's only redeeming feature is it's seafood. Otherwise living there is like being dead.

You reckon? It's been a while since I was in the city but I don't see how Random street would have changed so much that a good portion of it isn't middling at best

There's a small place for pho on the Preston high street, fucking incredible, my thai friend from tafe showed me it and it blew my mind, it's called pho huong and there's a chinese barbeque place near it that's pretty good, it's called hung sanh.

But yeah, it's a real shame what's happened to Northcote, it used to be a nice quiet suburban neighborhood without overpriced coffee and shitty gift stores and from what I've heard Fitzroy used to be full of heavy metal bars and shit like that, hipster culture ruins fuckin everything

Also I agree, the food in Adelaide is pretty damn good, I go over there for Christmas every couple of years but it's not until this time I went over for christmas that I truly took a look around the city. The area around the markets has some amazing Asian food, I went to this ramen store and had some really spicy pork ramen, it was fucking amazing and I also went to a restaurant at Noarlunga beach with my auntie and grandparents that was pretty good.

There's a really good ramen place on 80 Gouger street called Ryo's Noodles

I recommend the spicy pork ramen, it's actually surprisingly spicy for ramen, I find whenever I've gotten ramen elsewhere they never put enough chilli in

Rundle* st
Auto-correct on my fucking phone makes some pretty big leaps
Cheers

Gouger street in general is pretty good man, it's definitely worth taking a walk up there

Yeah I know, I've just been a bit slack lately whenever I've been in Adelaide lately, haven't even checked out little nnq yet

The markets also have some nice stuff like there's this little store that sells stuff from kangaroo island like honey and gind and other shit and there's some good food in the market too

China town had a hotpot that was very authentic sitran style.

In the southwest of adelaide I had vietnamese at a place called flower something. Very high quality,

How are timtams?

good, chewy caramel is the best one.

Coconut forever
Caramel is a close second though

The caramel ones chilled are amazing

I'm like marmite, you either love me or you hate me

This.
If they're not chilled it's like watery caramel.

Marmite has a sharper taste, however it is very viscous and behaves like syrup meaning it drips everywhere and makes the jar all sticky. The colour on toast is a very light brown.

Vegemite has a thicker texture which is easier to spread on toast and has a subtler flavour. The colour on toast is very dark brown.

Overall Vegemite > Marmite, but I like both. I would alternate but I end up using vegemite out of convenience most of the time because isn't messy to use.

No cuisine per se, the country is something around 200 years old. Give them 100 more years to delve distinctly from British cuisine.

More often now you'll bump into dishes that incorporates bush food and spices, like lemon balm, native pepper berries, finger lime etc.

Otherwise:
>Lamingtons
>Fairy Bread
>Vegemite
Are specifically Australian made as it gets. Unless Marmite is older.

Fairy bread and pavlova lad

Fairy Bread makes me physically angry